WWYCD? #113: What If God Was One Of Us?

The Watcher

You and your team mates had gotten involved in a conflict so cosmic it basically pitted every hero on Earth (and a few from beyond) against a godlike villain who threatened the very universe itself.

The ensuing battle was devestating, leaving dead heroes and shattered worlds in its wake. But in the end the good guys prevailed, and you not only survived but somehow managed through either skill, power, cleverness, or luck, to wrest the immensely powerful Omnipotence Glove from the villain's hand.

Now you wield infinite might, as each of the Reality Jewels on the Glove gives you complete and utter control over an entire aspect of Existence. For all intents and purposes, you now have the power of God.

What do you do with it?

Re: WWYCD? #113: What If God Was One Of Us?

Starguard -- fix all the damage. Then take it right off and give it to Horus.

(Note -- Horus will be *massively* displeased at being handed ye olde hot potato, I'm sure. But one of the most fun things I have playing this character is tormenting Horus' player with things like this. *g*)

Dr. Pain -- "... uhhh... umm... errr... hey, glove! Make me smart enough to figure out how not to screw this up!"

Baron von Darien -- . . . .

... we're sorry, the player just became terrified of his own character.

Style - Time to erase all knowledge of this glove's existance from the minds of all in time and space, saving onl himself. The Dragon's chains are now unbreakable. Every Morbane on Earth explodes. A benign Mageocracy installed on Earth, with all humans guaranteed every luxury and opportunity he can give them. Absolute power absolutely corrupts Style, as he progressively stretches what he is willing to do "for good." Eventually another group of heroes will have to stop him.

Flesh Gordon - Moonwalk. The world begins to break down into a series of Pulp Adventures, Music Videos, and bad movie parodies as Flesh subconciously creates a world outside of his head that matches that inside of his head. Everyone gets much better looking, and everything becomes very strange. Eventually accidently destroys the glove when he decides to have it set with rhinestones in the shape of his initials.

Blues --

First, fix the damage.

Second, remove the memories of the whole catastrophic shebang from any normals or villains who witnessed or participated in it (the heroes need to know what to do if something similar happens again).

Third, use the gems' powers to divine a way they can be destroyed without completely screwing up the universe.

Yeah yeah yeah, boring. Sue me. :)

Hardware: Restore things to the way they should be then put the glove away where he won't have to worry about someone else "playing God."

Tiger Shark: After giving himself the ability to asume his human form again, same as Hardware. "A few thousand feet below sea level should do the trick..."

Air Raider: With the kind of upbringing Jason had, the entire universe now looks like a bad episode of The Andy Griffith Show or Ozzie and Harriet.

Anthem doesn't want it! That's too much responsibility for a simple, flawed human being. She'd try and weigh the consequences of destroying such control. Does it send things spinning wildly out of control because such things need a shepherd? Or do things just go on as they should? She'd probably need consultants on this.

Oh, and thanks for sticking that SONG in my head! And it's not the original version either. It's the duet version between Dr. Evil and Mini-Me!

Oh' date=' and thanks for sticking that SONG in my head! And it's not the original version either. It's the duet version between Dr. Evil and Mini-Me![/quote']

I can sorta top that...where I work right now, I have to install an app called "Deltaview" on every computer we're upgrading form NT or 2000 to XP (approx. 550) So I get "Delta Dawn" in my head, and the version I get is the Courtney Cox version from friends. :cry:

Now where I can't top that is that after I explained this to my boss, he said I could blast music to keep it out of my head while working.

EDIT: Oh, and Warhammer fixes the universe and then gives the thing to Rune, the new norse god of Magic. Too much oomph for one newbie Thunder God thank you very much, and Rune is too paranoid to do anything than try to destroy it without wiping out the universe or making sure no can ever use it again.

Microman II would look at it as a straight out philosophical problem. First, he would consider the implications, such as whether he could wield omnipotence even benevolently without causing unintended consequences, and whether using it to achieve omniscience would be essentially making himself into an entirely different person.

He would then ask for input from the various people he knows and trusts, mainly the other Sentinels and father.

Most likely, he would eventually use the power to undo the destruction wrought by the prior conflict, and then use its power to divine where the Jewels *should* be, in order to take them there and leave them.

Which spawns a side question: fellow Sentinels, what would you say to Microman when he comes to you asking about what he should do with omnipotence??

Eve, being a child, wouldn't fully under the implications of omnipotence and would just try to "fix" things. First the obvious destruction, then other things that from her world are bad. Like people every dying or doing bad things....Images from the Twilight zone with the super powerful child come to mind...

Shidoku: Honestly would sorely tempted to keep it and satifying her every wish. Being in Iron Age character, she's got more natually selfish urges. She would try to fix the damage, but woud likely use to "even the score" with some of her rivals, right some "wrongs" and live it up high style. As power corrupted her, she'd be more and more prone to abusing her new found power until some other had to stop her just like the first weilder.

Tao:Would be troubled, but her first impulse would be be see if she could now deal with Blood Red King. Assuming the Reality Glove was enough to take him down (and she could verifiy this) she'd boost the power of her teamates significantly (to Global Gaurdians levels) then send the Glove elsewhere and leave only herself with the power to bring it back in cast the BRK pulls his "I died, but got better" routine again.

Eve' date=' being a child, wouldn't fully under the implications of omnipotence and would just try to "fix" things. First the obvious destruction, then other things that from her world are bad. Like people every dying or doing bad things....Images from the Twilight zone with the super powerful child come to mind...[/quote']

*edit* I stand corrected.

Guest WhammeWhamme

Flippant:

Fix things up. While he's changing the past, make people forget his accident, so he can resume his career. Fix his powers somewhat. Get guilty, cure disease. Saty guilty, overthrow dictators. Get caught up in the moment, and need to be slapped out of it by another hero. Feel embarassed.

Estatua:

Fix things. Then, with incredible moral fibre, make sure as best he can that it never gets used again. It's just too easy to go too far....

Sludge: (shudder)

With all the world's heroes there, how did it end up in the hands of a VILLAIN, dammit? Sure, he's not that bad a person... but omnipotence... ick. :)

Senor Mysterio : Do the standard fix the harm done, find a way to get rid of it, oh and make sure he gets a title shot at the PPV main event.

Bingo the Clowno : I don't want to think about it... Really.

Paladine : Fix up all the heros ( and villians ). Incarcerate the bad guys in something ( to his distant mind ) inescapable. Then start wandering off looking for his car keys, as he's sure they are around here somewhere. And where did these pygmies come from?

The Mask of Justice: Fix all the damage caused by the battle, first. Then his powers interact with the Glove, showing him the future if he continues to wear the Glove, which is an eternal dictatorship with no free will. Since this is unacceptable, the Mask scatters the Gems to the far corners of the Multiverse, tasked not to reassemble until they are truly needed.

Rock Bottom: Fix damage, give himself the ability to become human at will; briefly considers mindraping his father to not be homophobic, realizes that would be *wrong*, disperses the Gems.

Calculus: Fix damage, make sure his superintelligence is *permanent* this time, erase knowledge of his Secret ID from everyone who shouldn't have it (darn near everyone.) Also institutes a mental block preventing anyone from using the Glove or Gems for "evil", then disperses the lot.

Kira Midori: Uses the Glove to return to her home time, *then* remembers to fix the damage. Disperses Gems.

Talion: Attempts to use the Glove to allow himself to control his powers, or failing that, remove them. This turns out to be the one thing the Glove cannot do. Settles on cosmetic surgery for himself, and a steady flow of income. Finally remembers to fix all the damage. Is the target of constant theft attempts until he gives up and disperses the Gems. Sadly, the next owner uses the Glove to retroactively erase all the gains Talion made.

SKJAM!

"So, you're telling me that this week you want me to put on tights and a mask and fight crime?"

"Correct, Joan."

"And the fact that I don't have any superpowers? Uh, God, don't run out on me again!"

You and your team mates had gotten involved in a conflict so cosmic it basically pitted every hero on Earth (and a few from beyond) against a godlike villain who threatened the very universe itself.

The ensuing battle was devestating, leaving dead heroes and shattered worlds in its wake. But in the end the good guys prevailed, and you not only survived but somehow managed through either skill, power, cleverness, or luck, to wrest the immensely powerful Omnipotence Glove from the villain's hand.

Now you wield infinite might, as each of the Reality Jewels on the Glove gives you complete and utter control over an entire aspect of Existence. For all intents and purposes, you now have the power of God.

What do you do with it?

APEX- Uses the glove to reassemble the battlefield and shattered worlds then says"This is too much power for one man, best to.." a pause, as he thinks of his late wife. Power over time, space, life and death... he could bring her back. Apex prepares to make the ego roll of his life to do the right thing and leave his wife to heaven.

Recluse- Puts things back, then, feeling some guilt over his past mistakes, tries to reward the tribe he nearly screwed over. Accidentally changes all history so Europeon settlers never dominated North America. If this does not turn into some Happy Hunting ground utopia (And it never does, does it?) is absolutely appalled at having 'made things worse'. Tries to return it all back, then wills the glove to be no more.

Wildcard- "Wow, powerful, with this I could discover who ..." Suddenly is given the knowledge of 'who killed him'. Does not kill that person, but makes his life one hell after another for a very painful time. Rewards his friends and acts on whimsy. Probably goes insane...er.

Brand X - Fix world, delete memory of attack, create guardians to prevent it from happening again, secret away a little cosmic power for emergencies, grant self volentary immortality, make a few cosmetic alterations, edit worlds memory for said alterations, will a being into existance who's job is to protect said artifact and then make it a part of him and thereby unusualbe.

Husky would make an ego roll to either destroy the gauntlet since it is too powerful or change into Kenneth. If he changed into Kenneth he'd change the universe he'd make the universe fair and just but still imperfect so people would appreciate the good things. Concepts like karma would be a part of the universe's physical laws. Kenneth would then erase the damage and the memory of the whole battle destroying the gauntlet and removing it from existence.

Blackcat would do the "fix the problems, erase the memory" thing, then likely take the glove to another dimension where it won't work and take it apart.

Ballistic would do the "fix erase" then he would erase Takofanes, and possibly Destroyer (Takofanes is undead, erasing him has no moral quandry, Destroyer is another matter). He would the use the power of the gauntlet to split itself into a thousand semi sentient pieces and each piece would seek out a moral person who would wield it responsibly, and when they died, would pass to another such person, instantly creating an "infinity leauge" of high powered superheroes that are are at least "silver age" style in morality.

Terminal Velocity would cry "help!"

Superbadger: Destroy it. Enough said. Surprising too coming from a reformed villain who has a score to settle with the murderer of his family (and also the fact he could just bring back said family). But he also realizes the damage changing the past could bring. His pride (maybe) would also stop him from using it as it would be power unearned. He probably would end up destroying it and then kicking himself for not undoing the damage from the battle (he would likely would not see this as changing the past as this technically shouldnt have happened if not for a device of incredible magnitude, consider it a loophole to the not change past rule if you will :)

Deus Ex Machina would throw the trinket in the pile with the others--he already does the omnipotence thing in his home realm, and it bores him to death, so why would he want it here?

Vigilance would do really bad things to a bunch of organized crime figures, render every human being on the planet immune to the effects of various narcotics, and wish the thing out of existence before he went too far

Most of my PCs would recognize the pitfalls of infinite power without infinite wisdom, but the super-brains would likely be the most tempted...

Well unfortunately for the universe, a supervillaness now has the power of God. Fortunately, said villainess is much closer to selfish than evil and has absolutely no desire to rule the world. She’s noticed exactly how much work it is to run a multibillion dollar company, and has conclude that ruling the country or the world would be even more work and even less fun. She first heals herself, her pets, her teammates and any animals that assisted her in the fight and then gives herself and them a substantial power boost as a thank you. Next she puts the worlds back to normal, she happens to like her planet undevastated, and heals the innocents that were killed in the damage. She considers for a moment and with some hesitation heals most of the super heroes. Any of them that have ever attempted to kill her or her teammates instead of just capturing/taking to jail/etc can fend for themselves. That done, of the next few days, she starts fixing the world to her satisfaction. At least one company known for experimenting on mutants is going to vanish along with all of the guilty employees. The lives of mutants and animals are both going to improve. She has nothing against having pets, or even humanly treated lab animals, but anyone that is attempting to torture an animal for the fun of it (including dog fights, etc) are going to quickly regret it. So will anyone attacking a mutant, except in the case of self defense. She already lives in a gorgeous estate (Adam’s) but her room is going to suddenly get a whole heck of a lot more impressive. Adam and her packmates are going to get incredible presents. Her friends and Adam will be able to influence a lot of the choices she makes. Ultimately, I don’t think the results for the world would be that bad. Though I’m sure that the supers are still going to think they have to get it away from her and destroy it.

Sailor Io first uses the glove to heal her friends and everyone that fought beside them, and restore the devastated world and dimensions. Next, realizing that there needs to be a safe haven for all of the races, she reestablishes the Moon Kingdom, trying to make sure that this time people from all the races Moonite, Mah-ki, Joo-jin-ki, Vandorians, Gregori, Sarim, Celetines, humans, etc can survive there comfortably. The goal will to make the Moon shining example of how things should be. Though actually inhabiting it may wait until later, after they’ve finished school. Additionally, now she has the power to safely approach members of all the races and negotiate any truces that need to be negotiated. She additionally attempts to determine if the powers of the glove can be split without damaging them, and if so, splits the abilities among the Senshi. If not, Io will use the crystal carefully, planning through all the decisions she makes. She will generally consulting with her friends and if she ends up Queen of the Moon Kingdom a council of advisors before making large changes.

(I can see something along these lines happening at the end of the campaign. Once we gain all three of the Impergium Crystals).

She additionally attempts to determine if the powers of the glove can be split without damaging them' date=' and if so, splits the abilities among the Senshi.[/quote']The Omnipotence Glove derives its power from the five Reality Jewels set into it, which can be removed and used separately.

The Dimension Jewel allows one to manipulate Time and Space.

The Psyche Jewel has provence over all mental processes and phenomena.

The Quantum Jewel gives one control over the laws of reality.

The Spirit Jewel has power over the soul and metaphysical matters.

The Energy Jewel lets one tap a fount of infinite power that can be used to augment one's natural powers and abilities.