I've Voted Have you!!

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I voted as suggested, but I do have one little quibble with the guidelines. I can understanding wanting all the write-in votes to match in each catagory for solidarity's sake, but Star HERO was EASILY and VASTLY superior to Champions as a pure gaming suppliment. I really think Hero Games should be highlight nothing but its best if it's going to do a write-in campaign.

Likely they selected the one with the highest sales, and therefore the widest appeal, not to mention that "Champions" is the original flagship product of the company.

I did my part! If only I had duplication, then I could vote many times.

So when's the POSTY awards for the best and worst board posts of the year? ;)

I, too, have done my part for HERO. I plan to ask the wife, my brother, and a few friends to vote as well.

I don't play many other RPGs, so in categories where HERO had no entries, I just voted for anything about zombies. That made the short fiction vote a difficult choice...

The deadline for voting, according to the origins site, is June 1, 2003.

Thanx, guys! We really appreciate it.

The deadline, as someone noted, is June 1.

We chose Champions for the name recognition, the popularity of the product generally, the fact that it's our best-selling/flagship product, and so on. The truth is there are several books we've done that I think deserve an award -- but unfortunately splitting the vote only hurts us, so we chose to stick with the one we'd originally put on the nominations ballot.

Now I have to fight the urge to use an alternate email account to vote again. We need to keep this as honest as possible.

I can understand the urge, but I definitely want to keep things honest. It's not really a "win" otherwise.

Fortunately, Hero fans seem to me to be quite honest; we've had almost no trouble with fraud re: the online store and such, and I know the former owners' experiences were identical in that regard.

Originally posted by Peregrine

Now I have to fight the urge to use an alternate email account to vote again. We need to keep this as honest as possible.

I know the feeling -- I've kept my AOL account active for personal reasons, and if you count different screen names I could be 7 more people. Quite a crowd for a one bedroom apartment ;) .

Originally posted by Koshka

I know the feeling -- I've kept my AOL account active for personal reasons, and if you count different screen names I could be 7 more people. Quite a crowd for a one bedroom apartment ;) .

Note that registering to vote includes a name and a real-world address. Unless you go about making up otherwise plausible names and addresses to go along with alternate email accounts, that's a decent counter-fraud measure right there.

One more vote for Hero Games... :D

With one tiny exception... :eek:

Had to do it... As much as I enjoy Digital Hero, it was up against Knights of the Dinner Table... I had to vote according to my (admittedly warped) conscience... :o

I'm gonna go hang my head in shame now... :(