Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

One of the PCs got turned into Jack Pumpkinhead. Yes, he has the large orange gourd for a head. It comes off too easily (but it is not fatal when it does come off). When it did come off in a fight last Friday night and another character picked it up, the DJ (me) cued up Argent's Hold Your Head Up.

From last night's D&D game:

(After ranger got two critical hits in a row):

"Well, you can't crit him again, you've already cut both of 'em off."

(Above quote was followed by several "Rocky Mountain Oysters" jokes, which led to the next quote):

"He has bad gas problems when he eats demon."

So last night's D&D game went...bizzare. We found a deck of many things. We were 3rd level. Gm felt bad...One guy, who's character died in the last adventure had his new character found bound and gagged in the tomb.

Every one was drawing cards. He was mocking us. Someone handed him the deck and he drew two cards. And was transformed into a half orc.

When all was said and done, my character a) aquired a magic sword and changed alignment twice; the two headed human became a two headed dwarf (his heads were independant one wanted to become a warrior the other a wizard...they got 4 wishes from the deck and apparently the wizard was so shocked at his other head's actions that he didn't take any wishes, the warrior wannabe wished for armor and a weapon and to have the 'Bard' class moved...it was funny...you had to be there, the Elf Rogue became a halfling rogue, the elf Npc drew one card and recieved fabulous wealth, and our sorcerer gained 10k xp two different character classes and turned into an elf...

no naturally my ranger is trying to describe this change to their ally back in town...

"So, three humans and two elves walk into a tomb...."

Was this by chance said by a German character? (There is a Monty Python reason I'm asking.)

no. It was actually by an insanely enviromentalist American werewolf character. But - knowing the player the Monty reference would probably be the source.

no. It was actually by an insanely enviromentalist American werewolf character. But - knowing the player the Monty reference would probably be the source.
The Monty Python reason goes a bit like this:

I was watching John Cleese a ways back and he mentioned a time when some Germans came to him/Monty Python asking them to either come perform for them or to create a comedy show (it's been probably 10+ years, so forgive me for the vagueness). They basically came to him and said "We understand you have a sense of humor and are very funny. We are German; we are not funny/we do not." :D

One of the players in our Firefly campaign had a question about the crew's communicators (which we call radios for some reason), which lead to this exchange:

Player 1 - Do we have a secure channel on these things?

GM - No, your radios aren't that good.

Player 2 - We need to come up with some hand signals.

Player 3 - Yeah, because that will work real well over the radio.

One of the players in our Firefly campaign had a question about the crew's communicators (which we call radios for some reason), which lead to this exchange:

Player 1 - Do we have a secure channel on these things?

GM - No, your radios aren't that good.

Player 2 - We need to come up with some hand signals.

Player 3 - Yeah, because that will work real well over the radio.

If you think of Player 3 as Simon and Player 2 as Jayne, it fits.

If you think of Player 3 as Simon and Player 2 as Jayne' date=' it fits.[/quote']

I pictured Zoe as Player 1, Jayne as 2, and Mal as 3, but regardless it sounds like a Firefly exchange all right.

Well' date=' [i']I[/i] haven't agreed, but then, I don't know who these people are. ;)

WHAT?!!

You don't know who Zoe, Jayne, and Mal are? Tell me you are kidding! Tell me you've seen Firefly and Serentiy, tell me that you curse the Fox network for depriving us of Joss Whedon's masterpiece of science fiction! If you aren't joiking I'm going to have to ask you to move away from the computer, go buy the complete series of Firefly, watching then buy the Serentiy movie and then watch it. And until you do don't yu show your avatar around these parts! This place is for true geeks!

:D

WHAT?!!

You don't know who Zoe, Jayne, and Mal are? Tell me you are kidding! Tell me you've seen Firefly and Serentiy, tell me that you curse the Fox network for depriving us of Joss Whedon's masterpiece of science fiction! If you aren't joiking I'm going to have to ask you to move away from the computer, go buy the complete series of Firefly, watching then buy the Serentiy movie and then watch it. And until you do don't yu show your avatar around these parts! This place is for true geeks!

:D

Spoiler!

Ladies and Gentlemen. A moment of silence for Preacher and Wash.

Seriously. Watch this show!

WHAT?!!

Seriously. Watch this show!

I have put Firefly and Serenity in my Netflix queue to appease you (and really since it does show as a recommendation).

Git a rope...

But not you. :P

:)

PS: I also put them at slots 2, 4, 6, 8, and 10, instead of leaving them in 437, 438, 439, 440, and 441, which is where they were once I added them.