Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Well, if any of you are in Northern New Jersey or feel like making the trip once every two weeks (Yes, I run different champions games on alternate Thursdays), you can drop me a line at ChampionsGuru@gmail.com and see if you can get into my next TT game. (I think I have a couple slots, one, maybe two.)

I'm trying to run more Champions, but some of the D+D games I'm running have to end.

In the dramatic conclusion of this latest San Diego Knights arc, the heroes faced off against Stonefire, their greatest foe!

Stonefire: If you wish to burn so badly, Mesa, enjoy these fires of hell!

(WHOOSH, Massive Burst of Flame) A bad roll occurs.

Mesa: I've met tanning beds that were hotter than you.

Goldenstar (daughter of the campaign's Big Boyscout hero, American Eagle) and Black Eagle (my character, who is a Spirit Warrior of Eagle) are trying to break into the castle of Lady d'Ark (daughter of the infamous immortal wizard/tyrant, ruler of Valdavia, Lord d'Ark) just outside Metro City. (The castle had been rebuilt brick by brick from the Old Country).

Goldenstar burrows underground to make a tunnel for us, and encounters a -very- tough, "unbreakable alloy" wall, which she destroys in three titanic blows. The team sneaks in through the gaping hole, finding the hidden underground complex and computer room. Requiem, former sidekick of Revenant, gets on the computers and starts hacking the security cameras.

Requiem: There doesnt seem to be anyone here.

Black Eagle: What do you mean?

Requiem: Theres just some robot housekeepers and some repair bots.

Goldenstar *looks over her shoulder* Well...I know of a hole in the wall that they need to fix...

--------

Streak zooms forward at super-speed to take on Macabre, a power-suited mentalist, who is telepathically guiding an army of mindless killing-machine clones in an assault on Vindicators HQ.

Streak (OOC): I grab him by the shoulders and use super-vibration to nauseate him and wreck his concentration.

*Mimes shaking Macabre really hard and fast...

(In Character) DONT SHAKE THE BABY!!

Woo! With the new job, been far too idle on these boards for far too long. What better place to make a triumphant return than one of my favorite threads?

I've been playing in a TORG game that just kicked off recently, and as the Nile Empire-based British Archaeologist, it's my job to deliver the pithy bon mots, a la James Bond. Some of these will only make sense to fellow TORG-ophiles.

(after dumping our vanquished but still living enemies into the Croc-infested Nile, IC)

"Shame they have to be going. I thought we got along swimmingly."

(in regards to an NPC Russian Agent on our side who just kept getting back up after going unconscious, OOC)

"He's Agent Weeble!" [later amended to 'Weeblovitch'.]

(in reference to my successful use of a Reality Storm against a Cyberpapacy agent, in a small Dutch town, OOC) "The community of Middledam today reported a brief outburst of melodrama, downtown. Film at 11."

(in reference to the same incident, IC) "Sorry, Reverend. You've just been excommunicated."

Back at the Hall of Justice Inc....Sentinel (Randall Slade) walks past Iron Maiden (Penelope VonSaint), again, when both are in the kitchen.

IM: "Hey Slade, I heard you talking to Sabre about Sapphire's costume. What the heck was up with all of the geological references?"

Sentinel: "I probably shouldn't be telling you this, but sometimes men refer to women in code. Like, 'Wow, did you check out the back 40 on Howler?!?' and stuff like that."

IM shakes her head: "You're a pig."

Sentinel shrugs and smiles.

IM: "Wait a sec, have you ever referred to me that way?"

Sentinel, gazing at 6'2" amazonian IM: "Yeah, you were K2."

IM "K2?"

Sentinel's last conscious words: "Ayup. Tall and forbidding, but beautifully shaped with a breathtaking view and a climb one could boast about until his dying day."

Current money says those two are either going to hook up, or Sentinel's going to end up dead.

Suterelle (OOC): So, how much BODY does a stuffed fish have?

GM describs a mad scientists laboratory as having brains and organs held in large Petri dishes. The room is utterly disgusting and looks as though it has not been cleaned in months. Chimera, the geneticist is utter facinated and calls for the rest of the team to help him:

Heavy Metal: Dude! I'm not going in there! There's like brains and organs and stuff on plates.

Chimera: DISHES! Not Plates, they are called dishes!

GM describes a mad scientists laboratory as having brains and organs held in large Petri dishes. The room is utterly disgusting and looks as though it has not been cleaned in months. Chimera, the geneticist, is utterly facinated and calls for the rest of the team to help him:

Heavy Metal: Dude! I'm not going in there! There's like brains and organs and stuff on plates.

Chimera: DISHES! Not Plates, they are called PETRI dishes!

my edit on last sentence...

To which Heavy Metal replies... "I don't care what brand they are, that's sick."

From a long-ago game by a particularly arrogant PC:

"Some people are born great, and some people have greatness thrust upon them. I'm both."

I found a webpage with a ton of gaming quotes. Here's an example:

One of my favorite characters would have to be my priest of Lathandar, Will. Since I'm the only cleric in the party, I'm the one stuck with handling the undead, like its that much of a challenge when you're basically 13th level (he's 12th with the +1 level Ioun stone).

For a while I was saying the same boring stuff "OK I attempt to turn them."

Then I started getting more into it: "Demonspawn, BEGONE!"

But it hit an all time high when I had recently watched Ghostbusters again. I believe it was a heucuva but instead of the usual "I turn the undead." I went amok saying:

"Good evening. As a duly designated representative of the church of Lathander, I hereby order you to cease any and all supernatural activity and return forthwith to your home plane or the nearest convenient parallel dimension."

We had to wait until everyone regained their composure and the DM ceased to look like he was going to explode from laughing so hard. Later though since

that was a bit long to say over and over when we fought undead, I switched to a shorter turning speech:

"Back off man! I'm a cleric!"

Yeah. Ghostbusters is one of my favorite movies, next to Big Trouble in Little

China and Army of Darkness. *grin*

There were two this week, but I can't remember the first. I'll post it after I find the notebook where I wrote it down.

For the second, the PCs were talking about a Seraphim (big, powerful messenger of God) to another of that race, and mused about where he was. The Seraphim replies, "I know right where he is. He's with the mother of his future child."

The PCs express surprise (they know the mother-to-be, who hadn't mentioned anything before she left the party), then Lina, the somewhat leader of the group says cautiously, "I'll have to write Ryllis a letter congratulating her."

(I'm not sure why they had me write down that one, either. Perhaps Josh can parse the punchline so it's conveyed in less than a paragraph. The first one's a lot better.)

Assorted Quotes from Session 14 of Shadows Angelus

GM: **describes the unpleasant, foggy, crime-ridden neighborhood the PCs are in**

Nestor (OOC): Great, all we need now is Jack the Ripper.

Mike (OOC): Shut the [hell] up!

GM: What did [Nestor] say?

Nestor: What? And give the GM ideas?

Mike: Give me an experience point and I'll tell you.

Steve (OOC to Carpenter the paladin): You're a man of God and you don't have detect lie? Good people lie."

"He's going to shoot at [the target] and if he misses call it suppression fire."

Josh: "[Tyger has] Breakfall. Will that help?"

GM: "If you screw up."

Nestor: "Clean up on Aisle 4!"

Yar: "Draw your stunstick."

Josh: "I didn't bring it with me."

Yar: "..."

Yiska: "The NRA built Phi Sector."

Steve (OOC): "...'cause in the future parents are really uncreative!"

Hemelshot: "Welcome to the [police] service. Carry your ****ing stunstick."

Marcie to Tyger: "They gave you a full pardon for shooting me?"

"Social Limitation: Foot in mouth."

"Never miss your CON Roll by two again."

"The stern."

Stern?"

"STERN!!!"

"Damn man, [John] can't handle his cookies."

"Cute and playful kittens really spoil the mood in horror games."

(said about the new kitten gamboling about our feet)

GM: "No, you don't have Affects Desolid."

Yiska: "I am deeply saddened."

From Sunday's Champions game:

The heroes are getting ready to battle the Ravagers, and they are trying to recall the members' names.

"There's Ravager. Hangman. That werewolf. And Pestilence."

"Oh! And Flatulence!"

- - - - - - - - - - - -

Hangman is fighting Styx, a mutant regenerator who believes he is undead. (He discovered his powers when he woke up in his casket following his burial.)

Hangman: Y'know, one of these times, I'll hang you, and it'll take!

Styx: Been there, done that.

You don't know who Zoe' date=' Jayne, and Mal are? Tell me you are kidding! Tell me you've seen Firefly and Serentiy, tell me that you curse the Fox network for depriving us of Joss Whedon's masterpiece of science fiction! If you aren't joiking I'm going to have to ask you to move away from the computer, go buy the complete series of Firefly, watching then buy the Serentiy movie and then watch it. And until you do don't yu show your avatar around these parts! This place is for [b']true[/b] geeks!

FYI: I've watched the 1st disc (three episodes: Serenity, Train Job, and Bushwhacked) and even had my wife watch it with me. She likes it, so it can't be a geek show. However, this reminds me of Fox messing up with other shows such as Arrested Development that were great, intellectual, and won awards. All the time Fox didn't advertise it until the show was set to be cancelled. :straight:

GM: Which reroll do you take?

Ranger: The one that hit?

Swordsman: If you don't take this guy down RIGHT NOW I will be SO flanked!

After the Black Knight gets hit by a STR draining poison several times:

Swordsman: How bad is he?

Sorcerer: hmmm... he has the strength of a rat swarm.

Ranger, while poking her sword in the Black Knight's direction repeatedly so he can coat it with poison for her:

Ranger: Is the poison on it yet!?

Black Knight, after a grunt of pain: Yeah, it was... thanks...

After an opponent summoned seventeen "demon monkeys"

DM: Hmmm... I don't think I have enough minis for this encounter...

Ranger: Does it have a nasty tail? ((in reference to the demon monkeys)

DM: No, but it does have two big red baboon butts...((gets strange looks from all the players)) If it had only one red baboon butt, it would be of no use to me.

Ranger: The monkey's going to eat my bow...

From D&D, this weekend. All OOC.

Eric : "It's the archetypical 'shooting ducks in a barrel.'"

Me: ".. Fish. It's 'fish in a barrel.'"

Eric : "You don't shoot fish in a barrel!"

Me : "You don't shoot ducks in a barrel, they'd fly out!"

That led to a amusing fifteen minutes or so, culminating in the following.

Andy : "That was more fun than a barrel of parsley."

Me : "Ah, that old cliche."