Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

From my Champions game:

"Oh, he's invisible? I didn't see that."

One (female) player has missed several weeks lately, and another player might play her high-COM character if I've involved her in the plot in some way. Frustrated at the frequent absences, I wrote on her character sheet a new power (+10 PRE, Side Effect: 1d6 INT Drain, OIF: Thong) and said that's her new costume for the night.

Another player pointed out, "Shouldn't that INT drain be Area of Effect - Radius?"

From my Champions game:

One (female) player has missed several weeks lately, and another player might play her high-COM character if I've involved her in the plot in some way. Frustrated at the frequent absences, I wrote on her character sheet a new power (+10 PRE, Side Effect: 1d6 INT Drain, OIF: Thong) and said that's her new costume for the night.

Another player pointed out, "Shouldn't that INT drain be Area of Effect - Radius?"

It should take "Side Effect only affects the environment near the character". :eg:

BTW, rep for a pair of great quotes. :thumbup:

From my Champions game:

This also is one case where an OAF (versus the existing OIF) would make for a much greater pwer effect.

From a Buffy campaign. On the night before Easter' date=' the team finds the car's wiring has been chewed to bits, and opening the garage door, finds a number of vampiric bunnies -- yes, our GM's campaign theme is twisted holidays -- outside, obviously responsible for the damage.[/quote']Good thing your team didn't own a male donkey...

...because then you know you'd have to pull a hare out of your ass.

:D

In tonight's online Changeling game, Roger had to stop an assassin from killing the Duke, after which he said, "With all your tools and talent, I stopped you, and I must confess, I don't have any particular skills at stopping invisible assassins.

Hopefully you've got another line of work. If you were my assassin, I'd have you flogged."

JG

You know, I always wanted to try Changeling but I couldn't wrap my head around it. It always seemed to me to be a bit unrealistic.

I know that's kinda the point... but still...

In my last Champions game we had the final battle between my players and The Crowns of Krim. A little bit of info first, My players (5 members, all roughly about 375 points at this point) have just fought through a wave of DEMON members, 6 Demonbound, The Black Enchantress (Talisman but upped quite a bit and with a 100 point variable power pool tacked on) and The Crowns of Krim sans Dark Seraph. They had to get through DEMON and Black Enchantress to get to the Dimensional Portal that led to The Last Citadel at the Edge of The Sea Of Chaos. That was a hard fight. Standing Guard outside of the Last Citadel was the Crowns of Krim. This was an amazingly hard fight with the heroes winning but becoming broken and bloody by the end of it. With no time to rest the three members (Nightfall, Dark Wolf and Arsenal) that still were able to stand made their way into the Citadel to face Dark Seraph and to stop him from raising Tiamat. Outside The Promise is using her empathic healng to take on Prye's wounds to keep him from dying.

The three heroes face Dark Seraph and it starts off badly. Outside Prye (whom just realized that he had the mythology skill and wondered if now would be a good time to bring it up) remembers that the reddish water surrounding the Last Citadel is part of the Sea of Chaos or The Sea of Change as it is otherwise known. It has magical properties and those imbued with magical powers may pass their limits if they are exposed to it. It does not work the same way on people that have their abilities given to them by some mystic artifact. He also knows that it is deadly as all get out. Wiping the blood from his mouth He drinks deep of the water and instantly feels the change take hold of him. He knows that he will probably die in 3 turns and he takes off into the Citadel. As he arrives with flames cascading around himself, he simply points a finger at Dark Seraph and says, "Burn."

Our group has been investigating a series of mysterious murders and also some possible corruption in the police department. The rest of the team has acquired the PDA of the main suspect and found that the dates of all the killings and some of the more suspicious incidents among the police are all programmed into his calendar...

Sparkle: Ohmigosh! He's investigating the killings, too!!

HA no. The dragon thing came out of the middle of nowhere. I think this new player is what they call a "game wrecker" but I'm willing to see if I can take him on. Although, a PERN Heroes game would be cool, albeit a bit monotonous. :

People: "Oh no! Thread! Dragon Riders, Save us!"

Dragon: "I breathe fire!"

Riders: "Thread's all gone. Lets go get Drunk like a wherring."

(because, well, pern doesn't have any skunks.)

Player: "My Rider's name is F'n. Last name, Awsuum. F'n Awsuum."

MasterHarper: "*hrk* I'm dead because I put too many points in CHA. And CHA stands for Convenient (melodramatic) Heart Attack."

People: "Sweet. AI. Can anyone say... oh I don't know, Machinus Ex Dei? Now we dont need dragons! Bye Dragons."

Dragons: "Ha! Now we're going to eat you!"

People: "Nooo! we didnt see this coming."

Dragons: "Conquor known universe! Because the ability to abort to teleport kicks @$$. And Time Teleport. Seriously, why didn't we think of this before?"

Obiwan: "Luke, you must help me against the evil dragon empire."

Luke: "Stuffit old man, I ain't fighting dragons. Dark Jedi, Sith, sure. Dragons that can teleport and eat an X-wing? no thanks."

Obiwan: "Ungrateful spawn of Sith!"

Luke: "Like my father before me, I bite my tongue at thee."

GM: "Ok, crack? LSD? Beuler? Anyone?"