Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

PS: I also put them at slots 2' date=' 4, 6, 8, and 10, instead of leaving them in 437, 438, 439, 440, and 441, which is where they were once I added them.[/quote']

You absolutely positively much watch them in order for the full enjoyment. It's not crucial but don't do to yourself what the Fox executives did to those of us who tried to catch it when it first aired.

During a Yahtzee game (hey, it's still a gaming group!):

Mom: "Oh my golnish!"

Me: "Did you just say 'oh my garnish'?"

Wife: "No, I think it was a cross between 'goodness,' 'lord,' and 'gosh.'"

"Well, spank my butt and toot!"

After our NPC (Former PC who moved) ally, a lizard man, was basically assaulted and lynched for being a non human by members of the Flaming Fist Mercenary company, we were at the Friendly Arms Inn trying to find out how such a thing could occur and what had happened with the woman and child he was protecting.

Sadly, this line came out:

"If I ever get my hands on the leaders of that Gay Boxing League I will crush them!"

Later an encounter in the mountains:

Giant: "Welcome to a life of slavery, little human."

Auric Jotunbane: "Welcome to a life over in 30 seconds, large target!"

From an Archon 30 game I just played in (a playtest of the revised Twilight 2000 rules) - our unit was in northern Kurdistan in a firefight. The GM's description of the reaction of one hostile who was shot in the knee by an M-16:

"He is disinterested in further aggression."

From a Forgotten Realms Wizard's Reach Game

Taubrynna Tammarath: I don't understand why you have to proselytize so much, Garvin. There's really no need to worship Lathander that loudly.

Garvin: It is my faith.

Sitheria: Some faith that is. (Grumble, grumble)

Hilda (Dwarf): Plus, she keeps hitting you over the head.

Sitheria: I haven't hit him over the head in SIX DAYS!

Kind of a slow session, not too much to report. Here's what I've got..

Synapse: Is that a magic sword?

Sparrow: Absolutely not. There's no such things as magic swords. You should know, you're psychic.

Saurin: So many things about your culture, your language, continue to confuse me.

Slipstream: Like what?

Saurin: Well, for one you drive on a parkway, but-

Slipstream: Oh shut up.

Steelwasp: I think we need to rough up these thugs a little bit, show 'em we mean business.

Sparrow: Or Synapse could get the info from their minds, forcing it from their thoughts against their will.

Steelwasp: I thought roughing thugs up was your favorite part of this job.

Sparrow: It was until I found out how much Synapse squirms in moral quandaries. He either rapes their brains or tells you and me to put knuckle-marks on them. There's no right answer.

Synapse: There are no words for how much I hate you right now.

Sparrow: Make some up then, this should be good for a laugh.

Sparrow: Crap.

Slipstream: What is it?

Sparrow: I recognize those.

Slipstream: Oh really?

Sparrow: They're from my home dimension.

Silk: Dude, I thought you were from Long Beach.

Silk: Fear my crimefighting nudity, evildoer!

Sparrow: Did you just say that, for real? Did I hear that?

Synapse: I think that counts as a friendly-fire presence attack.

Steelwasp:

I didn't have to design power armor. I could have been an architect, or a plumber. Plumbers don't have to listen to this. Strangely, I feel it is my duty to dart the naked guy.

Silk: NO! NOT MY JIMMY!

Saurin: You fellows should watch where you drive.

Rednecks: Yes sir.

Saurin: These battles are very dangerous, and no place for sightseers.

Saurin: In addition, you are all too intoxicated to be driving, and that is dangerous too.

Saurin: Now, it was just bad luck that your vehicle stalled there, and there is no harm done, but I hope you fellows have learned a valuable lesson from this.

Saurin: Are there any questions?

Rednecks: No sir.

Saurin: Okay, now I put their truck down.

Slipstream: Oh no. Oh great God no. Not a were-emo.

Epoch Aeon, nicknamed the Blue Lantern, has a hunted who finally showed up. They fought, Epoch basically lost. The conversation that followed went a bit like this:

Epoch Aeon: So, you've beaten me. What now?

Firewing (Yes, that Firewing): You presented a reasonable challenge, but you have no stamina. Defeating you was...too quick. I will return when you have learned more and we will fight again.

Epoch Aeon: I'm not too bright ya know, it might be a while. Years possibly...

So in our only mildly teen champions horror game, the enemies of our first adventure are a small cult with these creatures at its command that were described to us as basically a cross between a panther and a newt, plus various nastiness. Since none of us knew what the beasts were called, we decided on the name panewt.

A cultist kidnaps a girl, and we follow him to the cult's hideout. We arrive to see the girl chained to a pillar, with a ritual being performed on her. As we take this all in, the ritual finished and she transforms into a panewt.

Zio (on point): They turned her into a panewt!

Rest of the party (ooc): Does she get better?

Well' date=' my game group is taking a few weeks off since the GM got married on Saturday. I suppose that makes the quote of the week "I do."[/quote']Let us know if next week's quote ends up being "I did what?!"

:D

This was from long ago in a D&D X-Crawl game. I just entered the game with a human rogue, and one of the other players was playing a halfling who was a bit of a gloryhound. After a rough fight, the announcer said something about how there was no love from the forces of luck. The halfling then said "But my sword gives me love." Then I said something that got the whole group to stop and laugh, including the GM, who was a lady.

The line was, "Yeah, yeah, stroke that thing..." And I was refering to either the sword or the ego. I think it was the ego.

In addition to running a 20 year Champions Campaign, I also run a very long D+D campaign.

When I did this, one of the first characters I ever created as a GMPC was a Ranger who eventually wound up acquiring 900 volumes of a boring series of books entitled "History of the Northern Orc Tribes."

Not being one to optimize, I figured I would blow some points on "Knowledge: History of the Northern Orc Tribes" I figure, this is pretty useless, yet cool. In general, it should be noted that the character was fairly ill tempered and cranky, and could be called a bitch by some, and ruthlessly expedient for a lawful good character by others.

So, I'm running a session last night, and one of the PC's runs off and makes themselves pretty much unfindable. The other PC's talk to some NPCs, and they remember that the PC had been forcibly betrothed to an Orc Prince by her father.

Powerful Wizardess contacted by party: Well, you could talk to your friend, Raisha. Isn't she supposed to be knowledgable about those sorts of things?

Me, in My Head: God, I just screwed myself, didn't I? This was NEVER supposed to be THIS useful.

Party of Adventurers: Hey, wait. Yeah. This was a GREAT idea!

Party Bard: Wait...you know the Princess Raisha Djenispol in Exile? And you didn't tell me?

Party Wizard: It didn't seem important at the time.

Party Barbarian/Sorcerer/Ranger: Yeah. She's nice.

It was at this point that I burst out laughing and had to give the player playing the Barbarian/Sorcerer/Ranger a small D+D XP award for 5 XP. In TWENTY YEARS OF GAMING, that was the LAST thing I ever expected anyone to say about that character.

The hero team has found a villains PDA and they find a list of heroes on it. They decide let the heroes on the list to know to have their guard up, as they might be the killer's next targets. Sparkle and Sable were assigned to warn Unicorn, who happens to already be on the sick list due to a (presumably) unrelated battle earlier in the week.

Sparkle: Hi! We're from AMI - you maybe saw us on the news from the hospital. Anyway, we found the Mystery Killer's PDA and it had a list on it and we don't know what it means, but we figure knowing him it's something bad. Your name is on the list, so we thought we'd come by and tell you about it so, you know, if anything bad happens to you in the near future, you can say "hey, that's what that list thing was all about!"

and a few moments later...

Sparkle: Why does everyone always look at me like that?

From Session 13 of SHADOWS ANGELUS

(virtually all of this is OOC)

"Remind me to order one size larger underwear."

"The esper formally known as Yiska."

"Skeleton fight in a pron movie. Talk about giving someone a boner."

Jenna J Jamieson -- editor of an X-rated paper, no doubt.

GM: Do you want to push?

Yiska: Well, I only use this in a life and death situation.

Mike (OOC): What do you think this is!?!

Yar: Is this (sword) a Common Melee Weapon?

GM: Yes!

Yar: YES!

Yiska: Carpenter's down, Hemelshot's got the sword, Tyger's been grabbed... everything's gone to snuff.

Mike fires off a 12d6 EB at the enemy: 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 6, 5, 5, 4, 3, 2, 2.

That's 57 STUN, 18 BODY!

Okay, here's some more quotes from last saturday's Defenders Congregate game. By the way, Black Harlequin was the bad guy in this adventure.

"I want to abort to blast the fish."

" I was concentrating you big metal oaf!"

"Hey, metal man here! Fire bad, water good."

"Don't write yourself into my backstory!"

"I don't care what you say, Cop Rock..um rocked!"

Rampant Lion (new pc): You really are fantastic!

Fantastic-Man: THAT"S What SHE SAID!.....*sigh*......No not really, I haven't had a date in months."

Tomorrow Boy (on meeting the new PC): Nice costume by the way.

Rampant Lion (swashbuckling archer from across the pond): You like it? You know I was going for a kind of flambouyant yet practical....."

Fantastic-Man (not batting an eye): "He's fifteen!"

Tomorrow Boy has found two technicians ducked tape together sitting on a gaudy colored pakage. Obvisuosly an explosive device with a deadman switch. Being alone, TB had to think fast. He took off his Quantum Destabilizer off of his costume. It allowed him to be harder to hit by phasing him in and out of reality for a milisecond. He carefully attatched that to the pakage. He then activated the device and grabbed the techs with his TK.

After the bomb exploded, in the nether regions of millaseconds, TB turned to the techs and said:

Tomorrow Boy: "*whew* I didn't think that would actually work."

One of the techs preceded to faint:D

During a playtest for King of the Mountain, hopefully to be appearing in Digital Hero sometime next year.

Yo-Yo, to Ultra Gadget Queen G (That's right! Yo-Yo, master of Yo-Yo's and Robot Elvises, makes an appearance in this adventure): You DARE to mock me by controlling one of my robots and then shooting me with a marshmellow cannon? You will PAY for this!

Gideon (From Across the Battlefield): That's okay! We mock her too!

Evorahn: I have patience, I have will. I put up with foolishness and petty backstabbing from the two headed man because, he amuses me. You are not of my pack. I don't care that you are on fire and I fear not your half-orc hands of death. Sit down, shut up, and you'll survive to make a formal introduction.

Followed by:

Thank you grandfather. But I fear your congragulatory outburst may have ruined the aura of menace I had worked so hard for. No Grandfather, I'm not saying I don't want your advice. You know what? I really don't talk much, I follw the lead of the Pack and I'm uncomfortable with everyone looking at me. Especailly when I am talking to a sword. I'm sorry grandfather, I shouldn't have reminded you.

This game just got a little interesting.

The dinosaur, angered and frightening by the sudden attack, rushed to

join its companions as they stampeded to the northwest, a direction

that took them farther out of range and into the center of the plateau.

Since the dinosaurs were fleeing, Fal Ko waved his companions down.

"Let's go," he said. "We've done enough damage here."