Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Justice Inc. again...Titan, team brick extraordinaire, offers some advice to Sentinel.

Titan: "So you realize that if you and Iron Maiden do...well...hit the sheets, you better use protection."

Sentinel: "Yes, I know. I am a millionaire playboy when I'm not in the suit. There's a pretty good possibility I might have done this before big guy."

Titan arches a brow: "Really? So you've had physical congress with a woman who's bulletproof, superstrong, and not one hundred percent capable of controlling her body's elemental shifts? She might turn into Mercury or Iron while you're...look, just go invent a new suit of armor. Call it the 'Naughty suit' or something."

Sentinel: "I...um..."

Titan: "Ya know, for one of the three smartest men on the planet, you can be a real moron."

Justice Inc. again...Titan, team brick extraordinaire, offers some advice to Sentinel.

Titan: "So you realize that if you and Iron Maiden do...well...hit the sheets, you better use protection."

Sentinel: "Yes, I know. I am a millionaire playboy when I'm not in the suit. There's a pretty good possibility I might have done this before big guy."

Titan arches a brow: "Really? So you've had physical congress with a woman who's bulletproof, superstrong, and not one hundred percent capable of controlling her body's elemental shifts? She might turn into Mercury or Iron while you're...look, just go invent a new suit of armor. Call it the 'Naughty suit' or something."

Sentinel: "I...um..."

Titan: "Ya know, for one of the three smartest men on the planet, you can be a real moron."

Susano hands Sentinel a copy of "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex." Study up.

*snort* I love this team!

Thanks for all of the positive comments Cenobite, I'll let them know they have a fan.

And yeah, they're endlessly entertaining.

At some point I'll try and relay the discussion between Justice Inc. and Eurostar held at "Capes", the Neutral ground, supers themed strip club...

Man I love this game. :D

EDIT: I do remember one other bit, more OOC. Most of the players are newish to HERO, and they just got knockback more or less doped out. So they were used to seeing guys fly back a few meters, maybe as much as a couple dozen under extraordinary circumstances. Well, Titan had to fill in for Iron Maiden one weekend. Iron Maiden is tank/metamorph who can be a good brick. Titan is an uber-brick, plain and simple. He also has "Stratospheric Punch" on his 70 STR.

Combat starts, Titan declares Strato punch, blows the 20 END, and hits. Knockback is calculated and the announcement rolls out. "Okay, Titan lands in front of Blackstar, and crouches slightly. His muscles bunch and flex as he almost explodes into action, landing a stunning uppercut to Blackstar's jaw, who promptly launches into the air like a rocket."

Shockwave: "Okay, I'll go grab him. About how far is he going?"

Titan, grinning: "Seven Kilometers."

The rest of the group: "WHAT?!?!?"

Combat starts, Titan declares Strato punch, blows the 20 END, and hits. Knockback is calculated and the announcement rolls out. "Okay, Titan lands in front of Blackstar, and crouches slightly. His muscles bunch and flex as he almost explodes into action, landing a stunning uppercut to Blackstar's jaw, who promptly launches into the air like a rocket."

Shockwave: "Okay, I'll go grab him. About how far is he going?"

Titan, grinning: "Seven Kilometers."

The rest of the group: "WHAT?!?!?"

You forgot the part where Shockwave says: "So he'll land in like..."

Titan, still grinning: "About a minute and a half."

Shockwave: "Wow..." OOC: John, can I do something like that? No. Well, I need to save up some points!

It's not from a game session, but we're working on character ideas for a new campaign (a Galactic Champs game)

GM (on discussing Public IDs): The only thing is that when you go into an area controlled by the Big Baddie, you'll be essentially marching up to the front gate, flag proudly waving, and ringing the doorbell without learning anything about how he operates, what resources he has, what he can do, etc.

Me: And that would be different from our normal modus operandi how, exactly? I mean, I think we have proved that our normal MO is "break in, break things, make a huge mess, and think about it sometime next Tuesday." I don't see us behaving much differently in a CHamps 3K game.

I'm sorry, but I need to correct this blatantly false statement.

I don't ever recall thinking about the consequences until next THURSDAY, at the earliest. And I don't "break in" - it's called stealth by force.

More from the Defenders Congregate campaign.

The running joke in the campaign is that Warforge, a metal mystical golem, Is "just a metal man".

School Counsler: You got Warforge from the Defenders to replace the chaperones that backed out? He's the robot right?

Tomorrow Boy: No I think he's just a metal man.

At the Prom Riv Allen (Tomorrow Boy in his secret Id) sees the girl of his dreams, Vicki Atom, dancing with her quarterback boyfriend. Jack Kirby (Nighthawk) who is also in attendence leans over to Riv as Warforge walks up behind them.

Jack: You going to do something about that?

Warforge: Yea, Nut Up!

Warforge talking about how the Atom Family headquarters, The Atomic Tower, is taller then our new HQ being built.

"I don't have tower envy!"

Warforge: Wait a minute! There is supposed to be a schedule for patrols? Why have I been on monitor duty for six months straight?

Defenders Congregate Campaign from last sat. night.

Fantastic-Man (ooc): Aren't snakes cold-blooded?

GM: yes

Fantastic-Man: Why does Viper have a base in Greenland?

GM: Viper is a world-wide organization. They have bases all over the world, including Antartica....

Fantastic-Man: Look, if their going to do the snake theme that's fine but come on, they should just go all out. Just don't do it half-ass.

Nighthawk, after being told to use another chair to hit Fuermacher.

"just because I'm Billionare Jack Kirby doesn't mean I want to buy all new chairs for this entire conference room!"

Eurostar is blackmailing the Defenders, by holding a building full of hostages, to break out Fiacho who is being held by VIPER. Another team of supers shows up at the VIPER base and they want to get into a fight.

Tomorrow Boy: We don't have time for this. We have lives to save.

Fantastic-Man: and criminals to break-out!

Said battle insues in a laaarge hangar. The battle starts with alot of circling by the combatants as they burn up their moves just trying to get across the hangar to engage each other.

GM: This combat sure is taking a long time.

Fantastic-Man(ooc): Well, we didn't make the building so damn big!

And one last one:

Warforge: I don't excrete.

From Hermit's HeroCentral "Of Masks and Metahumans" game:

Foxbat: As for the Foxbots, I never should have installed clappers on their powercells.

PC/Juggernaut: You gave your foxbots the clap?

Foxbat: Uh huh. And he didn't even buy them flowers.

Ghost Angel wrote:
Grow a pair" or more politely, "stop being a wuss"

What makes it more funny was the fact that it is coming from basically a robot.

The GM is doing this whole "Smallville" thing with my character Tomorrow Boy. The Joke around the gaming table is that when Viki Atom shows up the story should come to a complete halt (much like it does concerning Lana Lang):)

Kirby Wrote: You're allowing the name of Jack Kirby to be used for Nighthawk? 

Kirby, The GM is alowing it. Incidently, Fantastic-Man's civillian name is Frank Millar.

I wish all the players had been in on the joke during character creation. We all could of had comic creator names:eg:

The GM is doing this whole "Smallville" thing with my character Tomorrow Boy. The Joke around the gaming table is that when Viki Atom shows up the story should come to a complete halt (much like it does concerning Lana Lang):)

Thanks for the explanation guys!

Now what does this part mean?

Ok...I crack myself up and had to post this. Pffft!

So the other night we're starting up a new Super Hero game and one of the players has a plant-themed character who had a code vs killing (whereas the rest of the team does not) and she was looking for alternatives...

My suggestion was for her to take "Code vs Tilling"

::ducks::

::dodges::

::runs away::

:D

Tim

Thanks for the explanation guys!

Now what does this part mean?

Heh... Well.. if you've never seen the formerly-WB-now-CW TV series 'Smallville' based on the high-school/ college years of one Clark Kent, then it's important to understand that anytime Lana Lang (played by Kristin Kreuk) comes on the screen, any sort of plot development that was going on grinds to a screeching halt and we get treated to a super-teen-angsty "I just can't trust you Clark" session for about 5 or 6 minutes.. until the scene mercifully changes to show us Lex becoming more and more evil by the millisecond. It really is a good show.. but Lana is not one of its highlights.

That's pretty funny, Kirby. I've been posting about Jack "Nighthawk" Kirby (not to be confused w/ the CU Nighthawk) and Frank "Fantastic-Man" Miller for almost a year now and you're the first person to notice.. or at least the first person to mention it. Ironically, the first NPC we met (back when I was a player and Frydaddy was the GM) was named Stan Lee.. or so we thought. Unfortunately, it was actually Stanley. Stanley Jacobsen. And he went on to screw us over bigtime.

Anyhoo, we now return you to your regularly scheduled greatest thread ever.

-------------------

Electrocutioner, the Evil Plasma Guy *bursting in on the teen hangout where the heroes were cooling in secret ID*: [Nerdy voice] AHA! Now I will bring about the destruction of those who prey on the weak and oppress others! I have come to mete out righteous justice upon them, and make them pay for their heinous misdeeds! [/Nerdy voice]

Feline Fury: .........Youre a geek. Arent you.

Neutron: A pretentious geek!

Fusion: ....we dont sound like that, do we?

------------

Electrocutioner *is encased in a force cube*

Electrocutioner *pushes with both hands against the wall, the ceiling, and the other wall of the cube*

Neutron: Look! Me's a MIME! :D

Electocutioner: SHUT UP!!

------------

Feline Fury: I cant be seen as geeky...Im a cheerleader!

-----------

Neutron (who also makes the team's costumes): We're calling ourselves the "Titans", huh? Should I put little "T's" on all our belt buckles?

Feline Fury: I dont wear a belt. And my costume already has a big "tease" in it ;D

There's crazy ... and there's crazy like a fox.

This falls under "I'm crazy' date=' not stupid." Back when I used to play an actual Malkavian...[/quote']

This reminds me of one of my favorite Malkavian moments from a Vampire the Masquerade "Elders" campaign.

Situation: The elders have been briefing various important individuals on the situation (largely to enlist their aid). After briefing the Nosferatu primogen on the current plot, we learn that the Nosferatu primogen had been slain and replaced by the Joker, the insane Black Hand assassin we had been fighting.

Aphris (the Toreador primogen): "Oh no! You told him our plan!"

Brother Vincent (a Brujah elder): "We're screwed. We're going to lose."

Nero (the Malkavian primogen): (falls out of his chair laughing)

Brother Vincent: "What do you find funny about this situation?"

Nero: "Don't you get it? We've been running in circles for a week because we had no idea what our enemies knew. Now we know exactly what they know!"

Aphris: "But they know everything!"

Brother Vincent (glaring at Nero): "Because you told the Joker everything."

Nero: "Exactly! I told him everything. They know everything. They know our entire plan. Now all we have to do is change the entire plan and they won't know anything. WE WIN !!"