Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

PC1: Ok, this is serious. I'm going to load my plastic mankiller bullets.

PC2: Dude, you have Plastic-Man killer bullets?

PC3: Yeah! What do you have against Plastic Man?

Heh. This is why I use brand names....

Besides. I don't care *what* genre you're playing, "Thunderzaps" sound more impressive than "plastic bullets." ;)

This quote is more of an "Oops!" line from my Hero Fantasy campaign.

The castle guards were searching the group's packs for stolen goods (which weren't in their possession). The guards had looked at the contents of all the packs except one.

Sergeant Kratz: "Open the last pack and show me what's in it."

Eldanth: "It's a book. It's not what you're looking for."

Sergeant Kratz: "Then open it up and let me see."

(At this point Eldanth intended to say, "If you open the book, it will kill you." But that wasn't what came out of his mouth.)

Eldanth: "If you open it, you die."

I'm sure you can guess how the castle guards interpreted that statement....

"Lord Vader' date=' use your Thunderzaps on the Rebels." :dyn[/quote']

Which, while insignificant compared to the power of the Force, is still more impressive than "Lord Vader, use your plastic bullets on the Rebels." :P

Edit: And frankly, given how much of his body is synthetic, 'use your plastic mankillers on the Rebels' just sounds wrong. ;)

Gamara-type 200 foot monster: RRRAAAAHHHHHHRRR!

Troubleshooter (defiantly, from a rooftop): RRRAAAAHHHHHRR!

Monarch: Um....was that a mating call?

Guardian Alpha: Oh, thank you for THOSE nightmares!

--------

Cop: Hey there! "Doctor Bug"! We havent seen you since that "hornet grenade" incedent.

Monarch: Yes, that was...unfortunate :/

--------

Guardian Alpha: Ouch! He shot it in the "Gama-roids"! :nonp:

--------

Black Cat: Its...its a bomb!

Troubleshooter: ........Outta my league. Good bye! *Bails*

--------

Troubleshooter: ....I need more guns.

Guardian Alpha: Im hip.

From my Champions game this week:The Halloween Episode!

Bast, ooc: No, guys, I have a cult, not occult.

---

Eciton: Officers, we're following up a lead. Back away and put your guns down.

Twister: You're making it worse.

Eciton: Your mom is making it worse.

---

Spider Man: Yo, goalie! How about you put down the pool cue and we go find some hotties? Maybe go get some premarital hoo-ha!

Jason Voorhees promptly rolls very well and wallops Spidey, almost stunning him.

Spiderman: Shurprishingly shpry for a dead guy.

---

Dark Knight: I can't believe there's videotape of me jumping Twister. Topless. In my secret identity. I'm sunk.

Lycana: Sarah, nobody was paying attention to your face.

Dark Knight: *whimper*

---

Seven Deadly, my Psycho Pirate pastiche: Prove I used my powers. I dare you.

Eciton: Well, you just admitted to having them. When something violent happened. And before that, something sorta sexy.

---

Twister: Hey, only complaint I have about being in jail right now is that the girl who jumped the stage and started making out with me probably thinks I'm just avoiding her in that rockstar way and -

Dark Knight, one kiss later as her secret ID gets revealed: I don't think you're avoiding me.

Twister: That's so cheating. Everybody just tells me who they are *after* I do things for them. With them. To them? I'm going to stop talking.

---

Me, to the player who just transformed back from her Wendigo form after she'd eaten the heart of someone: Curiously, you're full.

Lycana, OOC: Not for long. *barf*

It's not from a game session, but we're working on character ideas for a new campaign (a Galactic Champs game)

GM (on discussing Public IDs): The only thing is that when you go into an area controlled by the Big Baddie, you'll be essentially marching up to the front gate, flag proudly waving, and ringing the doorbell without learning anything about how he operates, what resources he has, what he can do, etc.

Me: And that would be different from our normal modus operandi how, exactly? I mean, I think we have proved that our normal MO is "break in, break things, make a huge mess, and think about it sometime next Tuesday." I don't see us behaving much differently in a CHamps 3K game.

My new Teen Champions Paul Revere High playtest.

I began the game by rolling a d6 and saying "Well...you've got a secret ID. So when those Maldonados saw you on the way to school, they grabbed you. So there you are...tied to the bicycle rack..."

Brendan Flynn: While all of you are sitting there staring, would someone MIND HELPING ME OUT OF THIS?

In Secret ID, one of the characters goes up to the most popular girl in school, who is trying to recruit one of the PC's into the "Hot Chicks" clique. Unfortunately, he only succceeds in implying that they are both lesbians.

Marcia (The NPC): HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME?

Sarah Lawrence: HOW COULD YOU SAY THAT ABOUT ME???

Marcia storms off. They are joined by one of the biggest female nerds in School, Melisa, also a PC.

Mellisa: Because he's a d**k?

Sarah: No. His name is Mervin Spitzner. If he was a d**k, he'd be Mervin Shvantz.

Mellisa: (Makes a Snorking noise unlike anything else ever acheived by the human body. Trust me. It was weird.)

(Sarah's revenge forthcoming next time. Let's just say it involves a neutrino beamer and manly love tattoo for now)

Later, as the obligatory villainous agents searching for something hit the school assembly. TWO PC's decide to teleport into the lighting booth.

Prestige arrives. Action complete

Seizure arrives, puts on Mask.

Prestige: Well...that's interesting...

Sauterelle: Dr. Castle, something seems to be wrong with Heavy. Do you think you could fix him?

Heavy Metal: Fix me?!?! Do I look like a fricking toaster to you?!?!?

Chimera: Sometimes!

And todays lesson is: When you have the power to turn into living metal, do not compare yourself to common household appliances!

Here's one from a long time ago that I just remembered tonight:

GM: It's about time. I had to use an OIGMPD to get you back into the story.

Me: An O-I-what?

Player: Obvious Inaccessible GM Plot Device. :)

EDIT: Woohoo! First one on page 200! :D

We're playing our Teen Horror Champions game, and our group is waiting at the place where we know that our enemies are going to attack next. We have the area mapped out on a hex grid, and we're putting ourselves on the battlefield. We use dice to represent our characters. I'm looking through my dice bag, and I find a novelty die I bought a while back. My character is the anarchist punk who doesn't like society, so this is even more applicable than for most teens.

Me: "I'm being a d16 because no one understands me!"

The group laughs for a bit, and then I say to the GM (who is a firm believer in the awesomeness of 7th Sea): "Can I have a drama die?"

GM: "Yes. You get a teenage drama die."

From a game awhile back:

One of my female players was trying out new characters for a few sessions. This character was an iced based female character w/blue skin and horns (I think she was basing the look on an online game). Anyway, she had a high COM and was trying to use her female charms on male NPC.

NPC - "Wow, are your horns real?"

PC - "Yes, just think of them as handle bars."

After a few stunned moments of silence, we all busted out laughing. Ever since then it has been a running gag for our group.

After a few stunned moments of silence, we all busted out laughing. Ever since then it has been a running gag for our group.

No one asked for a ride? For shame.:D

From a game awhile back:

One of my female players was trying out new characters for a few sessions. This character was an iced based female character w/blue skin and horns (I think she was basing the look on an online game). Anyway, she had a high COM and was trying to use her female charms on male NPC.

On that note, I refer you to this. (note: not work-safe)

Enjoy! :eg:

The party cleric has made up a spell which allows him to change a person's appearance. Since the party, consisting of several females (1 PC, 2 NPCs) is going up against pirates and have been warned that the ladies' virtue may be at risk, the most attractive of the females asks the cleric to "make me a man."

Cue RHPS references.

At another point, the party learns of the existence of demons, on a plane beyond the one where Seraphim come from.

Rastal, the party fighter, muses, "Well, we know the King's a demon."

Lina, the King's daughter-in-law, replies, "No, the King's just an a**hole."

Blunder-quote.

For a Fantasy Hero game, a player had just gotten his hands on a power magical weapon, the Obsidian Rapier. Now, a few few sessions were played where we found that it was a 4d6 HKA!:eek: Then someone noticed a curious misspelling by the player. He had it listed as a Obsidian raper.

Quote the GM: "Well, I suppose it makes sense. One hit from that thing and you're..."

Auric Jotunbane fell in battle against one of the seventeen frost giants.

He was really on a roll too. Casting insults in his wake.

He was also the only one in the party who spoke Giant, but that's neither here nor there.

A giant, previously identified as Gunther steps into range.

Auric: "Come Gunthar, I am Auric Jotunsbane, my father was Perag, his father was Ulag, we have killed many of your kind, my family. You will be added to that list. Face me in single combat!"

Gunther tossed a rock at Auric.

Auric: "You know, when challenged, it's considered unseemly to throw boulders."

Sadly, Gunter critted and sliced Auric in twain.

Some great PC interactions last night; the kind of game where as a GM you feel guilty for interrupting the players with anything so mundane as a plot. :) Meredith (aka Inertia), Leo (aka Promethean), and Tessalyn (aka Enigma, played by ghost-angel) -- having all recently gained superpowers -- have gotten together to swap origin stories, discuss the pros and cons of forming a super-team, and exchange other information.

Meredith (who’s a bit of a ditz) has made a list of all the “evil people” they need to fight. Unfortunately when detailing her origin story earlier, she had kinda glossed over the part about witnessing the return of a certain uber-villain everyone thinks is dead:

Meredith: “I’ve got the bank robbers, Isabella Vandaleur, that weird alien guy, Doctor Destroyer, Halliburton…”

Tessalyn: (sputter) “Doctor Destroyer!?!?”

Meredith: “Yeah, I told you about him, weren’t you listening? So…Halliburton, the new FDA Director…”

The other big news is a new hero calling himself Built To Last, wearing a massive suit of power armor that formerly belonged to a notorious mass-murdering supervillain known as Helter Skelter. (Think Charles Manson in power armor.) Meredith informs Leo & Tessalyn that Built To Last is actually a homeless man named Phillip, and that Phillip is not quite playing with a full deck.

Tessalyn: “So there’s a crazy homeless guy running around in Helter Skelter’s armor?”

Meredith: “He’s not always homeless; he has a van.”

(Oddly, Tessalyn didn’t seem reassured by this clarification)

Tessalyn recounts a prophecy she received earlier:

Tessalyn: “She spoke in a disembodied voice.”

Meredith: “How can her voice be disembodied if she’s standing right there?”

[laughter erupts around the table]

Meredith player: (OOC, and suddenly self conscious) “What?”

Meredith has been giving Leo a hard time all night, pretending not to believe he’s really a Doctor in his civilian ID. Later, they’re talking to an NPC and learn about a number of disappeares. Leo assumes a superheroic pose…

Leo: “Time for a“This sounds like a job for…” moment.”

Meredith: (to the NPC) “You’ll have to excuse him, he thinks he’s a doctor.”

Later, talking to another NPC:

NPC: “So what’s with him? [Leo] Why’s he here?”

Meredith: “He’s stalking her.” (points towards Tessalyn)

NPC: “Oh, that figures.”

(I wish I had a picture of the look on the Leo player’s face!) :D

I remembered another one. At the beginning of the game, we worked on spending some XP that one player had been accruing for a while. Josh made him a ranged attack, where he uses air pressure with his sword to hit a target far away. If you've seen Rurouni Kenshin, it's the ise of Ka Ryu Sen.

After figuring out the build on that and how the player wants it to work, Josh moves on. "Now that you can throw wind . . ."

After the laughter died down, he amended it to, "Now that you can throw AIR . . ."

Meredith: (to the NPC) “You’ll have to excuse him, he thinks he’s a doctor.”

This just makes me think of how tough it would be to date after superpowers were common place. First, the hot women would be "I only date superheroes" but the superhuman hot women would be "I only date superheroes who are doctors in their secret IDs." Sheesh. Women. :D

EDIT: Woohoo! Post 3,000 for the thread! :rockon:

(Yes, my life has boiled down to this for landmarks. :o )