Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Darren Watts

Re: Quote of the Week from my gaming group...

Paranoia is awesome for a short game or series of games, yes.

Paranoia is a FANTASTIC con game.

I only tried Paranoia once. I was unable to overcome my 'work with the party, teamwork and cooperation are the keys to success, never backstab a PC' mindset.

Naturally, I was the only one who never died because everybody else was pulling the 'as soon as he tries something, I shoot him' schtick, and I never tried anything.

Guest Major Tom

Remember, just because you're a Paranoia player doesn't necessarily

mean that the GM's out to get you -- it just means he's being very care-

ful about how he's going about it.

Major Tom :eg:

And remember too: it's not "Are you paranoid?"' date=' it's "Are you paranoid [i']enough[/i]?"

Because there are people out to get you. Quite a lot of them.

And the worst thing is, it's not personal, they just see you as a source of money, etc.

Great. So why would I want to play in something that's just like my everyday world? :rolleyes:

:winkgrin:

Overheard at the RPG Club. Kinda.

A Promiscuous Hobbit Wizard fighting Hobbit Chamber-Maids, doesn't want to kill them because they were being mindcontrolled. Ends up grappling one to the floor and straddling her. As he is punching her in the face he says:

"By the way, my safety word is 'Potato'."

:snicker:

Then, because she's unconscious, he gets up and sees another Hobbit Maid about to hit his friend with a hot teapot. So he leaps two metres and performs a flying kick to the head, knocking her out too. The friend looks at the Incredible Leaping Wizard in astonishment. The Wizard misinterprets the look and asks, sincerely:

"Sorry, was that one yours?"

:snicker:

Great. So why would I want to play in something that's just like my everyday world? :rolleyes:

:winkgrin:

Because sometimes R&D gives you nuclear weapons.

I repeat... :sneaky:

OK, small quote:

Our group is playing a Star Trek game using modified M&M rules.

GM: OK, make a Pilot roll to keep the ship from entering atmosphere.

Player: I rolled a 2.

My wife (OOC): He said make it.

OK, they can't all be gems. It was funny when it happened. ;)

From Lonewalker's 7th Sea Game:

On telling the other party members about spotting a rabbit carrying a gemstone between it's ears.

Nikkita: I think I will go crazy on my own this time.

On Petra, the youthful shapeshifter, becoming a bird:

Pia (OOC): "So... does she fly like a teenager."

On a little black dog doing the last point of damage to a firbolg giant:

Nikkita (OOC): XP thief!

Pia (OOC): The scottie levels up.

GM (Flexex muscles): Look, I'm a doberman!

Background: The heroes are being aggressively hunted by a powerful criminal organization called Xafia. An NPC named Strake, who would consider himself a businessman but is really closer to a pirate, has teamed with the heroes in the past under the conceit "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Strake has a history of hitting on one of the heroes, Kateomi, and the more she has turned him down the more determined he has become. Now Strake claims that he can get the heroes off the hook with Xafia, if Kateomi will “cooperate”.

Strake: “So the choice is have a little fun with me, or be hunted down and slaughtered by Xafia. Which will it be? I need to know, and I need to know now. Tick tock, tick tock…”

Kateomi: “Tick tock? Here I thought women were the ones with the biological clocks.”

[GM: Strake tries to pass this off as a joke.]

Strake: “Such a flirt. I am merely pointing out I can’t wait forever for you to decide, not that it should be such a difficult decision. So, what is your answer?”

[someone irreverently starts singing the Jeopardy theme]

Kateomi: "Okay so let me recap here. I can either doom us all to a hideous death at the hands of ruthless killers who want to make an example of us, or I can sleep with a repugnant extortionist whose biological clock not only has a theme song, but the Jeopardy theme at that. I'd say it looks like a good day to die."

Background: The heroes are being aggressively hunted by a powerful criminal organization called Xafia. An NPC named Strake, who would consider himself a businessman but is really closer to a pirate, has teamed with the heroes in the past under the conceit "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". Strake has a history of hitting on one of the heroes, Kateomi, and the more she has turned him down the more determined he has become. Now Strake claims that he can get the heroes off the hook with Xafia, if Kateomi will “cooperate”.

Strake: “So the choice is have a little fun with me, or be hunted down and slaughtered by Xafia. Which will it be? I need to know, and I need to know now. Tick tock, tick tock…”

Kateomi: “Tick tock? Here I thought women were the ones with the biological clocks.”

[GM: Strake tries to pass this off as a joke.]

Strake: “Such a flirt. I am merely pointing out I can’t wait forever for you to decide, not that it should be such a difficult decision. So, what is your answer?”

[someone irreverently starts singing the Jeopardy theme]

Kateomi: "Okay so let me recap here. I can either doom us all to a hideous death at the hands of ruthless killers who want to make an example of us, or I can sleep with a repugnant extortionist whose biological clock not only has a theme song, but the Jeopardy theme at that. I'd say it looks like a good day to die."

Nice. Really nice. :thumbup:

"Somebody hand Strake a napkin to wipe the blood off his nose. That boy's just been b**ch-slapped." :lol:

Some quotes from the Embria fantasy game:

----------------

[Pelor is the God of the Sun]

Metrion the Black: If we leave for Sternhelm now, we could arrive just in time for the Festival of Pelor.

Chyra: But we wont have anywhere to stay; all the inns will be fun

Rhiannon: Its not nice to rain on Pelor's parade

-----------------

GM: So the big, muscley, burly bald guy, with an eye patch and numerous scars, tries to paw Rhiannon's bottom when shes on her way past

Rhiannon: *slaps his hand away* Hey! Watch it, buddy!

Metrion the Black (OOC): Just out of curiousity, are there any comely barmaids hereabouts?

Rhiannon (OOC): The guy with the eye patch is the "comely barmaid" here :P

Metrion: :nonp:

---------------

[The group has gone to a much classier establishment, and Metrion is at another table, hobnobbing with a local Sage]

Metrion: Yes, my friends have...

Rhiannon (OOC): Im leaning back in my chair, trying to balance a cube of cheese on the tip of my nose :D

Metrion: .....My friends have unfortunately LEFT

---------------------------

Chyra (OOC): Im an Undead-aspected Sorceress. I dont really dig the Festival of Pelor. Im going to stay inside, wearing a hooded cloak, and sulk.

Rhiannon (OOC): My last name is Sunmane! So during the festival Im going to be running around, barefoot in the streets, with flowers in my long golden hair, merrily joining in on all the spontaneous singing and remarkably well synchronized dance numbers going on :D

Chyra (OOC): Disney whore! :P

Rhiannon (OOC): Emo slut! :P

(Theyre best friends)

--------------------------

Mwetrion (OOC): Ill head downtown, even though its after sundown

Rhinaonon (OOC): *goes off* Metrion can go down dark alleys at night, cause he knows Magic Missile!

I mean if a guy jumps out all "Hey mang! I cut you!",

Then Metrion would be like "Begone, varlet! I possess the Power Arcane!"

And the guy would be all "...Hey! *switchblade snikt* Give me THAT! I WANT it!"

And Metrion would be like "*shrug* If you insist..." BA-ZAP! "He did insist!"

Metrion: (OOC) :nonp:

------------------------

Varga (OOC): Do you need a nap?!?

Rhiannon (OOC): ....maybe :o

Some quotes from the Embria fantasy game:

Chyra (OOC): Im an Undead-aspected Sorceress. I dont really dig the Festival of Pelor. Im going to stay inside, wearing a hooded cloak, and sulk.

Rhiannon (OOC): My last name is Sunmane! So during the festival Im going to be running around, barefoot in the streets, with flowers in my long golden hair, merrily joining in on all the spontaneous singing and remarkably well synchronized dance numbers going on :D

Chyra (OOC): Disney whore! :P

Rhiannon (OOC): Emo slut! :P

(Theyre best friends)

--------------------------

SPITTAKE! :D

Oh great. Now I have to go clean my monitor.

Beauty, sir. I so have to steal that for a game. :thumbup:

Middle Earth D20:

==============

"yeah but does it seem like a reputable shack?"

"Dude, I am not on athelas, okay? I've just been having a couple after that ork bashed my knee real bad last week. "

"Snake, watch what their Shaman does. Then never ever do any of that stuff."

In Umbar there were Sea-Princes, with color legends: the Red Prince, Green Prince, Black prince, Orange prince, etc.

they're all leaders of various pirate factions. We discovered that recently the black prince hired Orks as mercenaries.

Ranger: "so now black is his way of life and not just his heraldry..."

No Cthulhu this week either - we shifted fortnights to better accommodate a fifth player. Would have been more, but yet other players have other commitments. It's still gratifying to watch those others get all puppy-eyed and wistful in their frustrated desire to play a game where their characters are practically required to die horribly.

Likewise gratifying, the Persistence of Vision playtest - watching experienced CoC players visibly wilt as I happily said stuff like "They're using this big medieval manuscript for inspiration", or described the lovingly carved tentacles under the statue's chin is a pleasure only Cthulhu Keepers can enjoy.

Anyway, Edge City 3D

Launched from space station to Rome, at hypersonic speeds

Terminus
: "GDI, What's the braking system on these insertion pods?"

GDI Orbital Control
: "You hit the ground."

Zero
:
:eek:

Stentorian
: "... Can I check the spelling on 'Brake' please?"

Happily, there are no friendly forces left in Rome, and the city is bright blue with radiation, so it doesn't matter how big a hole we make.

Trawler
: "That was fun, let's do that again"

Moving off out of the instant foxhole, off through the battlefield

Terminus
: "Ok, moving fast and light."

Zero
: "What, hypersonic wasn't fast enough for you?"

Terminus & Trawler
: "No."

We run into into a bald man with a goatee

Zero
: "Uh-oh - goatee - he must be evil."

Weldun GM
: "A
bald
man with a goatee - he's
definitely
evil."

Stalemate with Cain, who has happily handed over the oracle device he no longer needs, and will self-terminate if he try to arrest him.

Terminus
: "I still have to do this - I consider it my duty"

Cain
: "To who?"

Terminus
: "To the only one that matters anymore - myself"

Cain
: "Ah, the first step to enlightenment."

Playing BSG boardgame ( no spoilers here, double-agents etc are all assigned randomly, and could just as easily not exist )

Purrdence
: "The only way to tell if they're a Cylon is to shag them and see if their spine lights up."

Me
: "Official memo : It is now compulsory to put a ceiling mirror in every bedroom."

Gaius, in the middle of a massive Cylon attack, forces a constitutional crisis, and makes Tyrol President.

Ex-President Roslin
: "Please allow me to pass the Scepter of Office"
*one fingered-salute at Gaius*

President 'Fixit'
: "My thanks."
*continues salute at Gaius*

President 'Fixit' turns out to be a Cylon. So does the Admiral. Who jumps us from one fight straight into an ambush. Surrounded by Basestars & Cylon raiders, half the ship is blown to hell, hemorrhaging supplies.

"Didn't we just leave this party?"

Anyway, Edge City 3D

Launched from space station to Rome, at hypersonic speeds

Terminus
: "GDI, What's the braking system on these insertion pods?"

GDI Orbital Control
: "You hit the ground."

Zero
:
:eek:

Stentorian
: "... Can I check the spelling on 'Brake' please?"

Happily, there are no friendly forces left in Rome, and the city is bright blue with radiation, so it doesn't matter how big a hole we make.

That first one is officially very clever... although the spelling on the first breaking system DOES need to be checked....

And why is it happy that Rome is glowing blue with radiation? What the heck happened?

There´s a BSG boardgame? What´s it like?

That first one is officially very clever... although the spelling on the first breaking system DOES need to be checked....

And why is it happy that Rome is glowing blue with radiation? What the heck happened?

Happy because that way our arrival in hypersonic insertion pods with no brakes won't cause any more civilian casualties. And it was blue with catastrophic Tiberium poisoning, as indeed was 3/4 of the planet - the damn stuff replicates

There´s a BSG boardgame? What´s it like?

not bad - certainly plenty of paranoia and rapidly dwindling resources. Complicated as hell tho, and lots of cards and pieces to keep track of

And why is it happy that Rome is glowing blue with radiation?

Means it got sacked but GOOD this time.

All the great sacks of the past just left it glowing red. Until the fires burned out.

About time it gets sacked again - no one's properly sacked Rome in about 500 years, when an army of the Holy Roman Empire spent almost a year doing a thorough job.

[ATTACH]31400[/ATTACH]

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that sacking Rome is one of those things Lucius knows he'll never get to do but really wants to