Batman vs Midnighter

nexus

• Replies 148
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Batman vs Midnighter

Streaky, absolutely.

All the combat implants in the world (and I assume Midnighter has all the combat implants in the world since no one else seems to have any of them) are no match for the wrath of a small, marmalade-colored, tabby who just happens to have Kryptonian-level powers. Maybe Midnighter could calculate all the ways Streaky could scratch his eyes out before he reacts or something similarly lame.

So, who would win in a fight, Midnighter or Streaky the Super-Cat?

I think Streaky would totally own Midnighter. :)

Streaky, absolutely.

All the combat implants in the world (and I assume Midnighter has all the combat implants in the world since no one else seems to have any of them) are no match for the wrath of a small, marmalade-colored, tabby who just happens to have Kryptonian-level powers. Maybe Midnighter could calculate all the ways Streaky could scratch his eyes out before he reacts or something similarly lame.

Streaky can fly at trans-light velocities. He could reduce Midnighter to a red mist before Midnighter's computer recognized that Streaky was there.

I might buy that issue. ;)

You know what I would love to see? Midnighter comes up against a foe he absolutely can not beat. No matter how many times he runs the battle in his combat computer, it shows him getting killed. No matter what he tries. He simply can't win. How does he cope with this? A true hero would stand his ground and do every thing he possibly could to stop (or at least delay) the bad guy. I see the Midnighter running away screaming. Possibly with tears flowing down his face and a brown stain forming on the back of his pants.

Note, I believe in the comic Captain Atom: Armageddon vol. 6, a 'Void' possessed Captain Atom fried both Midnighter and Apollo in two frames (and Jenny Sparks as well). After defeating rest of the Authority, Majestic, and the Wild Cats in previous comics, just as the Good Captain. This lead to an appearent reboot of the that Universe...

Note' date=' I believe in the comic Captain Atom: Armageddon vol. 6, a 'Void' possessed Captain Atom fried both Midnighter and Apollo in two frames (and Jenny Sparks as well). After defeating rest of the Authority, Majestic, and the Wild Cats in previous comics, just as the Good Captain. This lead to an appearent reboot of the that Universe...[/quote']

Go Captain Atom! He was already one of my top 20 favorite comic characters, now he's entered the top 5.

You know what I would love to see? Midnighter comes up against a foe he absolutely can not beat. No matter how many times he runs the battle in his combat computer' date=' it shows him getting killed. No matter what he tries. He simply can't win. How does he cope with this? A true hero would stand his ground and do every thing he possibly could to stop (or at least delay) the bad guy. I see the Midnighter running away screaming. Possibly with tears flowing down his face and a brown stain forming on the back of his pants.[/quote']

Oh, you mean what would happen if Midnighter came up against Son Goku.

You know what I would love to see? Midnighter comes up against a foe he absolutely can not beat. No matter how many times he runs the battle in his combat computer' date=' it shows him getting killed. No matter what he tries. He simply can't win. How does he cope with this? A true hero would stand his ground and do every thing he possibly could to stop (or at least delay) the bad guy. I see the Midnighter running away screaming. Possibly with tears flowing down his face and a brown stain forming on the back of his pants.[/quote']

Midnighter Computer: "I propose a new strategy - the Bat Signal."

In my book: Wannabe loses to Genuine Article.

You know, I could see that as the ending of the second Batman/Midnighter clash (assuming Batman survives the first by fading into the background).

Midnighter is walking down a dark alley, Batman is watching from above and triggers a small device on his Utility Belt.

Batman jumps down and lands near the Midnighter, and proceeds to beat the crap out of him.

Since this is no doubt some sort of JLA/Authority crossover, Superman shows up and asks "How did you beat him? I thought he had a battle computer that could calculate every possible outcome?"

Batman points to his belt and says: "He does. And this sent out a signal that convinced it that he was going to lose."

KA.

You know, I could see that as the ending of the second Batman/Midnighter clash (assuming Batman survives the first by fading into the background).

Midnighter is walking down a dark alley, Batman is watching from above and triggers a small device on his Utility Belt.

Batman jumps down and lands near the Midnighter, and proceeds to beat the crap out of him.

Since this is no doubt some sort of JLA/Authority crossover, Superman shows up and asks "How did you beat him? I thought he had a battle computer that could calculate every possible outcome?"

Batman points to his belt and says: "He does. And this sent out a signal that convinced it that he was going to lose."

KA.

Much easier I think to send a signal to the computer that prevented it from saying anything. From what I've heard about the Midnighter he relies on that battle computer so much he'd probably freak right out if it stopped working on him.

I concede that Streaky could probably take the Midnighter, if he could be convinced to bother. He is a cat, after all. Cats are notoriously lazy. Also contrary. The mere knowledge that some people want him to beat up the Midnighter will probably be enough to convince him to sit in a corner washing his face, instead.

You know what I would love to see? Midnighter comes up against a foe he absolutely can not beat. No matter how many times he runs the battle in his combat computer' date=' it shows him getting killed. No matter what he tries. He simply can't win. [/quote']

Sounds like a job for Karate Kid (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karate_Kid_(comics) ).

This has been suggested in a similar thread in the past, of course.

Midnighter couldn't even win if the fight started with KK at the bottom of a river encased in concrete, with anchors tied to his feet.

The analysis about how Batman would get beat in the first instance' date=' but with time to prepare, would take out Midnighter with a virus is correct, except that Midnighter has no compunctions about killing.[/quote']

Ive stopped counting how many times Batman has been "killed" and left for dead, only to turn up later.

I also agree with Von D-Man. The original always beats the knock-off.

i did rather enjoy the captain atom armageddon series the wildcats oplaying six degrees of kevin bacon to decide who fought captain atom first was fun. and the authorities hobby of killing alternate universe hitlers has to be the benchmark of iron-ageness

Indeed. And you will note that it ended with Nathaniel disintigrating Apollo and the Midnighter.

So as we have seen there are some opponents that the Midnighter just isn't powerful enough to overcome, battle computer or not.

Batman, however, isn't one of them...

IMO of course.

Getting back to the original idea:

I think we are mostly agreed that Midnighter would win an initial combat and that Batman would take him on the rematch (or in any other situation where he had time to prepare and presuming he survives the first round).

The question then comes in as to whether Batman could break off the fight before Midnighter killed him. My own thought is that if there is enough cover nearby he probably could, but if they were fighting in the middle of the street it may be impossible.

I don't see Midnighter doing one of his one-punch kills though. Not against Batman.

Just wondering: if Bats were to try and run from Midnighter, what if MD tried killing or maiming a few civilians to make him stand and fight? The way I understand it, the Midnighter and his pals don't have any real problem with killing "innocents", esp. if they happen to be Americans.

teh authority dont hurt civilians tehy may be iron age but there still heroes.

that's basically the difference between them and the villains in wild storm villains don't care who they kill heroes only kill people who they think deserve it.

The only civilians I.E. not supers or soldiers, the authority have killed are a business man and a spook who basically brainwashed and repeatedly raped the female members of the team oh and a couple of US presidents.

midnighter might threaten that but he wouldn't go through with it on the other hand if he could kill or maim joker or penguin and that would probably keep bats in the fight without midnighter breaking his own ethical guides.