Karate Kid vs Karate Kid

JmOz

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Karate Kid vs Karate Kid

As an aside, where the heck did Val get his Kryptonian-level MA skills? I only vaguely recall someone posting that "he had studied MA all over the galaxy." C'mon, he had to learn them somehow! Remo had Chiun, Goku had King Kai...could somebody fill me in here as I basically don't know anything about the Legion.

As another aside, I remember one of the Silver Age continuties was that Superman was a "master of the Kryptonian martial arts." Now who wins...MA Superman vs. Karate Kid?:D

(Rep for anyone crazy enough to stat Kryptonian MA.);)

As an aside' date=' where the heck did Val get his Kryptonian-level MA skills?[/quote']

His dad was a galactic level martial arts villian, who got taken down by the greatest martial artist in the galaxy. Who then heard Val crying as a baby, and took him in and trained him from birth in martial arts.

He has studied & mastered (apparently) every martial art in every known world in the 30th century.

When Val went one on one with Superboy, he fought him to a standstill. He had enough extra DC that when he grabbed Superboy, he stayed held.

He also had a really high find weakness roll.

Edit- this was all precrisis. The current version seems about on par.

Edit again - yes KK is my favorite superhero of all time.

• 10 months later...

Just stopped in to share that whenever you guys say "Karate Kid" I think of (and only think of) Ralph Macchio from the 1984 movie (and the sequels).

It took me a bit to figure out there was, apparently, a comic book character named thusly?

Member of the Legion of Superheroes, and has been around since the 60s.

In the credits to the Ralph Macchio movie, there is a "karate kid is a trademark of DC Comics, used by permission" in the credits.

200px-Karatekid.PNG