Batman Begins

Zed-F

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Batman Begins

Even the 'wannabe sophisticated movie critic' from work loved this movie... last time I heard him say anything nice about a movie I enjoyed it was 'Napoleon Dynamite'.

Excellent job creating a Batman: Year One style movie, I think it's the best Batman movie I've ever seen. I loved the little they lifted right from the pages of comics too, like the SWAT Team / Bats incident.

Hope this helps the folks down in Hollywood remember the mantra... Be faithful to the source material and you will be rewarded! (C'mon guys, chant it with me now... now just the ladies! All together!)

They need to rework his character a bit in the comic.. like they did with the Riddler.

Actually in the comics they did rework Scarecrow recently. I don't know exactly how it came to pass but he currently can "hulk out" and become some kind of brutish scarecrow-monster. He busted up Wayne Manor pretty good before the War Games storyline got rolling. Not a change that I care for...but they *did* try to rework him.

I thought Spider-Man was closer to perfection but hey' date=' I liked both movies.[/quote']

I liked Spiderman, and Spiderman 2, but that was a little too much teen angst for my tastes overall. I actually liked the villains better, particularly Doc Ock. And J. Jonah Jameson of course -- perfectly casted.

Batman Begins has that dark and gritty noir feeling that makes my cold little heart jump.

Finally saw it. Best Batman movie ever.

But two things bother me.

First, every time I heard an Australian accent coming out of Alfred Pennyworth's mouth.

Second, the microwave projector that can instantly vaporize water. What constitutes 90% of the human body? (Hint, it has two hydrogens and one oxygen.)

First, every time I heard an Australian accent coming out of Alfred Pennyworth's mouth.

Caine has said that he was doing the accent of his Sgt. from his time in the military. It was definitely quirky, but sounded ok to me.

Second, the microwave projector that can instantly vaporize water. What constitutes 90% of the human body? (Hint, it has two hydrogens and one oxygen.)

It's comic book tech...sheesh. Would you have been happier if they just called it the Water Supply Vaporizer?

I finally got around to seeing it and I liked it. It is a very good movie however...

I was mildly disappointed. I think that is because it had been very over-hyped to me. I went in expecting it to be one of the greatest movies ever and it didn't quite live up to those lofty expectations. It is the best movie I have seen this year.

I think it is the best of the Batman movies thus far, barely edging out the Keaton version of Batman. I prefered both of the Spiderman movies and both of the X-men movies. But that does mean that it make my top 5 list of superhero movies. That may be in part because I am a Marvel fan and not so much of a DC fan.

It's comic book tech...sheesh. Would you have been happier if they just called it the Water Supply Vaporizer?

That was the same Water Vaporizer that the Joker, Penguin, Riddler and Catwoman used to disintegrate the UN security council.

I was crying by the end of the movie...

They did the legend JUSTICE!!!

Here's hoping the sequel will be even better... there WILL be a sequel, right?

I actually teared up at the end of the parents death scene and during the next couple of scenes showing the aftermath from young BW's pov.

Batman Begins was a tight film. It worked, it kept the genre perfect, it made sure that Batman was a Very Talented Man and used his skills of fear to the utmost.

Everybody was perfectly cast. Chrstian Bale is Batman. Morgan Freedman might be a tad too old to be Lucius Fox, but pretty good.

Now, the only question is...who will they get to play the Joker? I'm holding out Brenden Frasure.

To be honest, I wouldn't begrudge the studio if they had thrown in an Adam West cameo, somewhere in Batman Begins. Oh well...

The movie was near crystal-perfect, IMO. I've seen it twice. A few of my friends thought the intro was a little too Highlander-esque, but I ate it up.

I loved everything about this movie. There were moments in it, that reminded me of the style of some action films in the 80's, which was super-cool. I especially liked the cop-scenes.

This is going to be an instant cult-classic, though I think the sound-track could have been more distinct, at least it won't overly "date" the movie, in the decades to come. :smoke:

Since I am a huge comics collector ( expecially of the Dark Knight) I'm always a little bit sceptical about comics-movie adaptation.

I still remember what they did to the poor Daredevil !!!

But I must say that "Batman Begins" is really a great movie: Great Acting, (Liam Neeson is Rha 'as Ghul), good insight of what is Batman, a marvelous Batmobile in Frank Miller's style, an Incredible Alfred by my beloved Michael Caine, an homage to Year One with the Swat team engulfed by the bats ( Ah I still remember the beautiful panel by Mazzuchelli !!), A tiny cameo for Mr. Zzzazs ( a cut for every victim) and no Catwoman or Robin !!

This is the best comics-movie adaptation that I ever saw and surely the best Batman movie ( though I love the Burton's ones).

A minor flaw: Scarecrow is more frightening than the one we saw on the movie and the "poison-the-water-and-the-city-will-get-crazy" trick is a little abused.

Ciao

PS We need an Iron Fist movie now !!!

I'd love to see an Iron Man film. They've talked about this for years but it never seems to get anywhere. I'll be surprised if it ever does get made.

I'd also like to see a Captain America film with a good budget behind it. I doubt this will ever happen either since a super patriot would be too non-politically correct for the Hollywood crowd. Either that or they'd modify the character to the point of just hacking-off cap's fans.

following the trend of the first movie and having most of the cast from the british isles. I'd have to suggest Rhys Ifans who played spike in notting hill as The Joker, he has both the right build and a good line in general craziness buffonary and such. plus having both Batman and The Joker being welsh would tickle me.

in fact i had to knock up a quick rendition of Rhys Ifans as the joker to prove my point

Originally posted by Mister E

I'd rather see Ghost Rider... but that's me.

Mmmh agreed !! A Team Up movie !! Iron Fist and Ghost Rider against Zodiak and the Dragon of K'un L'un.

I fear that we might not have a huge potential audience :)