"Neat" Pictures

Dr. Anomaly

Re: "Neat" Pictures

You mean this one?

We had one of those back in the day. The engine was under the driver's seat. Fun to drive, but thank God we never rear-ended anyone, as there was nothing between the front seats and the next car ahead except a flimsy foam dashboard and a huge windshield.

That's it!

• Replies 19.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Huh' date=' I knew a guy in high school with two Corvairs.[/quote']

My father used to rebuild them. My first two cars were Corvairs. My dad owned over 40 at one time. They were excellent cars. Very stable on the road and handled well. Tests done years after the model was discontinued showed they were very safe automobiles and do not deserve the mis-representation they got.

No' date=' the space ship was Toyota's first mini-van. It looked it should be in the hanger of the Enterprise.[/quote']

You mean this one?

We had one of those back in the day. The engine was under the driver's seat. Fun to drive, but thank God we never rear-ended anyone, as there was nothing between the front seats and the next car ahead except a flimsy foam dashboard and a huge windshield.

If by "Enterprise" you mean The Original Series Enterprise, then yeah. It looks the same shape as the boxy shuttlecrafts they had.

There was a van/minivan a while back (I'm thinking late 90's) where the (big) windshield and hood were a uniform slope (most vehicles have the hood at a lower slope than the windshield), and the taillights were mounted vertically on either side of the rear door/hatch. But I can't for the life of me remember the make or the model. :( But that one looked like a Next-Gen shuttle or spaceship IMO.

If by "Enterprise" you mean The Original Series Enterprise, then yeah. It looks the same shape as the boxy shuttlecrafts they had.

There was a van/minivan a while back (I'm thinking late 90's) where the (big) windshield and hood were a uniform slope (most vehicles have the hood at a lower slope than the windshield), and the taillights were mounted vertically on either side of the rear door/hatch. But I can't for the life of me remember the make or the model. :( But that one looked like a Next-Gen shuttle or spaceship IMO.

That was most likely the Pontiac Trans Sport, shown here in the Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) voiceover ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxjSlGLwXRc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Trans_Sport

JoeG

The Ford Areostar and Windstar also had the look.

That was most likely the Pontiac Trans Sport, shown here in the Patrick Stewart (Captain Picard) voiceover ad:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WxjSlGLwXRc

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pontiac_Trans_Sport

JoeG

The Ford Areostar and Windstar also had the look.

The Windstar was close (the Aerostar was too boxy IMO), but Ternaugh got it right with the Trans Sport. Though the Oldsmobile Silouette was a very close second place. ... And the Chevy Lumina APV as well.

Doesn't Lion + Human = Sphynx?

Depends on who's mythology you're looking at.

Of course, to properly do the Manticore, you'd also need an overlap with Bat and either Scorpion (for a stinger on the tail) or Porcupine (for spikes). So perhaps you're right on this one - or at least more right than the original writer. :cool: