• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

I came across this image, and found it striking. He would make an awesome "big bad". The actual image isn't so awesome (to me anyway)

Then I searched for the artist's website. Unfortunately his galleries are scattered throughout the web (one being a cafepress store).

Gallery 1

Gallery 2

Gallery 3

So far I really like this pictures.

Nebula Angel (I like most of his Angels, and his warriors)

Butterfly Dragon

Royal Paulownia Leaf Dragon (And his small leaf dragons)

Autumn Maple Leaf Dragon

Wood Dragon

Owl With Antlers

Eerie Tooth Fairy

DON0032.jpg

This is a fairly famous picture: Test 'Baker' at Bikini Atoll, July 26 1946. If you look closely at the right side of the water column, there is a dark shape. That is USS Arkansas, BB-33, the second closest ship to the blast. She has been tossed into the air like a toy. The idea of the blast tossing 27,000 tons of battleship into the air fascinates me...

DON0032.jpg

This is a fairly famous picture: Test 'Baker' at Bikini Atoll, July 26 1946. If you look closely at the right side of the water column, there is a dark shape. That is USS Arkansas, BB-33, the second closest ship to the blast. She has been tossed into the air like a toy. The idea of the blast tossing 27,000 tons of battleship into the air fascinates me...

Big-Bada-Boom!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cgqjMy-xTJo

Watch the palm trees!

If you go to the West Portal area in San Francisco this time of year, you'll see an upholstery shop with a large Halloween prop. She's called "The Witch of West Portal," and she goes on display every October. Since I got a new camera last month, I decided to take a couple of pictures of her this year. The front view didn't work too well. The owner kept it inside because of the wind, so the glare and reflection from the window didn't give a good image. So here's the side view, which I took inside the shop, with the owner's permission.

Ares I-X test launch!

The guys in my carpool were celebrating that. Apparently, they are a part of that project. :)

One of them said something like, "We're testing our newest missile. We need to make sure it doesn't kill anybody."

I said, "Wait... I thought the whole point of missiles was to kill people?"

"No no no! Not that kind of missile! This is for the space program! We don't want anyone killed!"

Me: "Ooooooh." :o

The guys in my carpool were celebrating that. Apparently, they are a part of that project. :)

One of them said something like, "We're testing our newest missile. We need to make sure it doesn't kill anybody."

I said, "Wait... I thought the whole point of missiles was to kill people?"

"No no no! Not that kind of missile! This is for the space program! We don't want anyone killed!"

Me: "Ooooooh." :o

I thought (and I'm no rocket scientist) we just called them rockets when we didn't want to 'splodey someone with them.