• Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cygnia

• Logan D. Hurricanes

• Cancer

• SteveZilla

Re: "Neat" Pictures

The last time you went out the guys and came home really late with lipstick on your collar?

I was going to post this on the Jokes thread, but:

We've all heard about people having guts or balls. But do you really know the difference between them? In an effort to keep you informed, the definition for each is listed below ...

GUTS - is arriving home late after a night out with the guys, being assaulted by your wife with a broom, and having the guts to ask: "Are you still cleaning, or are you flying somewhere?"

BALLS - is coming home late after a night out with the guys, smelling of perfume and beer, lipstick on your collar, slapping your wife on the ass and having the balls to say: "You're next!"

I hope this clears up any confusion on the subject.

From a medical standpoint, there's no difference on the outcome: Both end in death.

kopp-etchells-helicopter-halo.jpg

Reporter and former Green Beret Michael Yon took a series of intriguing photos of glowing rotor blades as a helicopter lands in a military base in Afghanistan. The eerie "halo" is caused by static electricity generated as the titanium/nickel blades move through a field of dust (which is kicked up from the ground as the heli lands).

The phenomenon, strinking as it is, has no name – and Michael decided to name it the Kopp-Etchells Effect, as a tribute, after Corporal Benjamin Kopp and Corporal Joseph Etchells, who died in battle.

More:

http://www.michaelyon-online.com/the-kopp-etchells-effect.htm

IMG_3852a-730.jpg

Ningauble has seven eyes. And refuses to share any of them with Sheelba.

For once, the llamalls are sure of today's date. Or they were, until the infamous Dr. Infamous started telling them about all the other calendar systems that exist.

And he wonders why they're so uncooperative

Single molecule' date=' one million times smaller than a grain of sand, pictured for first time[/font']

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-1209726/Single-molecule-million-times-smaller-grain-sand-pictured-time.html#ixzz0Pn6fIPAs

article-1209726-063617DB000005DC-474_468x241.jpg

I'm definitely showing this pic to my classes over the next couple of days. Repped for the excellent educational (and unbelievably cool) find.

Interesting, there was a story like this that I recall in which a tailor made the costumes for all of Gotham's assorted residents (including Batman). Except he liked his job (oh course, having Selina Kyle come in for her fitting might have had something to do with it....) :D

Interesting' date=' there was a story like this that I recall in which a tailor made the costumes for all of Gotham's assorted residents (including Batman). Except he liked his job (oh course, having Selina Kyle come in for her fitting might have had something to do with it....) :D[/quote'] But dreaded The Penguin coming in ;):P