Jokes

Dust Raven

I saw this today on the Book of Face:

"People often ask me what it's like dating after being widowed. The truth is, my late husband and my current partner are very different, and it's taken some getting used to.

"For instance, my boyfriend is very deadpan, whereas my husband is just dead.

"My boyfriend doesn't always text me back right away because he's buried under a ton of work; my husband never texts me back be cause he's buried under a ton of dirt.

"My boyfriend tends to run really warm; my husband is always cold.

"But lucky for me, the one thing they have in common, despite all their differences, is that they have really poor taste in women."

Viewed at a high enough level, most particle physics experiments are like a repetitive sitcom where every episode has the same basic plot: Joe Universe goes to the local check-cashing office and kites himself a check for a hundred jillion spazillion dollars.  Every once in a long while, it actually slips through, and in a calamitous orgy of absolutely, impossibly irresponsible spending Joe Universe spends it all on Amazoo Sub-prime in less than a quadrillionth of a second on lots of stuff that he never heard of before and which doesn't actually exist for even a tenth of that quadrillionth of a second, and then the rest of the sitcom is the collateral damage from this event.  It's the job of the guy at check-cashing office not to let this happen, but in truth he and Joe Universe are (when all is said and done) basically the same person and have the same cheapskate boss so they're all living paycheck to paycheck, so you can take this template to your army of a hundred jillion spazillion monkeys with typewriters and come out with enough almost-functional scripts to keep your soap opera going with the same idiotic premise for 70-plus years.

6 minutes ago, Logan.1179 said:

In a freak accident today, a photographer was killed when a huge lump of cheddar fell on him.

To be fair, the people who were being photographed did try to warn him.

penguin falling GIF

Me: <getting my car detailed for the first time in 2+ years> "Wow! How did you get the car so shiny?"

Attendent: "Polish."

Me: "Oh, sorry. Jak sprawiłeś, że mój samochód tak błyszczy?"

(Complements of our old friend teh bunneh)