Jokes

Dust Raven

8 hours ago, Bazza said:

5 vowels, 8 consonants, a comma, and an exclamation mark appeared in court today. They’re due to be sentenced some time next month.

The tongue twister world champion was arrested.

The police say he'll get a tough sentence. 

I just read that if a hermit crab finds a new shell that is too large for it, it will wait for other crabs who need new shells to gather around and then they will organize themselves by size and trade shells until they all have a new home.

It is kind of sad that hermit crabs have a better housing market than we do.

A man who says "I'm sorry" when he knows he's wrong is honest.

A man who says "I'm sorry" when he's not sure he's wrong is prudent.

A man who says "I'm sorry" when he knows he's right is married.

A guy goes into a bar early one day.  The bartender looks up and says "Sorry, we don't open for half an hour yet."

The guys says "Oh, sorry.  Do you mind if I just sit in here to wait until you do open?"

"I guess that would be alright." the bartender says.  "Can I get you something to drink while you're waiting?"

A woman in her late forties starts taking swimming lessons. When her friends ask about her new interest, she says, "My son is dating a girl who's a little insecure. She likes to ask him things like, 'If your Mom and I both fell into the water, who would you save first?' I just want him not to have to worry about that." 

Her son, meanwhile, is having one of those days with his girlfriend. Sure enough, she asks him, "If your Mom and I both fell into the water, who would you save first?"

He replies, "It's not an issue, sweetheart. My Mom is learning how to swim."

She's frustrated. "No, you have to choose! You have to jump in and save one of us!"

He just shakes his head. "Well, then I'm afraid you're probably going to die."

Now she's furious. "What? How can you say that?"

"Because I don't know how to swim, and I know Mom is going to save me before she saves you." 

13 hours ago, Pariah said:

A woman in her late forties starts taking swimming lessons. When her friends ask about her new interest, she says, "My son is dating a girl who's a little insecure. She likes to ask him things like, 'If your Mom and I both fell into the water, who would you save first?' I just want him not to have to worry about that." 

Her son, meanwhile, is having one of those days with his girlfriend. Sure enough, she asks him, "If your Mom and I both fell into the water, who would you save first?"

He replies, "It's not an issue, sweetheart. My Mom is learning how to swim."

She's frustrated. "No, you have to choose! You have to jump in and save one of us!"

He just shakes his head. "Well, then I'm afraid you're probably going to die."

Now she's furious. "What? How can you say that?"

"Because I don't know how to swim, and I know Mom is going to save me before she saves you." 

I like the implied threat in the last statement: "before she saves you". How long is "before she saves you" and ""you're probably going to die"? Is Mom going to save her son first then straight away save his girlfriend, or wait...

And as she is the person who is forcing her boyfriend's mum to learn to swim in the first place, I don't think Mom is going to look favourably on her. So yeah, odds are pretty good, she's going to drown.

A Jesuit, Dominican, and a Franciscan were walking along the road debating the greatness of their orders.

Suddenly, an apparition of the Holy Family appeared in front of them, with Jesus in a manger and Mary and Joseph praying over him.

The Franciscan fell on his face, overcome with awe at the sight God born in such poverty.

The Dominican fell to his knees, adoring the beautiful reflection of the Trinity and the Holy Family.

The Jesuit, walked up to Joseph, put his arm around his shoulder and said, so where are you thinking of sending the kid for school?

9 hours ago, Bazza said:

A Jesuit, Dominican, and a Franciscan were walking along the road debating the greatness of their orders.

Suddenly, an apparition of the Holy Family appeared in front of them, with Jesus in a manger and Mary and Joseph praying over him.

The Franciscan fell on his face, overcome with awe at the sight God born in such poverty.

The Dominican fell to his knees, adoring the beautiful reflection of the Trinity and the Holy Family.

The Jesuit, walked up to Joseph, put his arm around his shoulder and said, so where are you thinking of sending the kid for school?

I need to send a link to this one to my colleagues.

A joke from back in the day:

What's the difference between O.J. Simpson and John Elway?

O.J. Simpson drives a slow white Bronco. John Elway is a slow white Bronco.

Edited by Pariah