Jokes

Dust Raven

A band director was walking on the beach when he came upon an old lamp. You know the story; he rubbed the lamp, a genie appeared and granted him a wish. The band director thought long and hard, and finally said "I'd really like to have peace in the Middle East."

The genie said "I've been in that lamp for a thousand years...what's going on in the Middle East?" The band director produced his smart phone with its news updates and a map of the Middle East, showing the various factions at odd with each other, the socio-economic issues, and the constantly shifting boundaries over the centuries. 

The genie studied the map and finally said, "I don't think I can grant this wish...it's just too complicated. Isn't there another wish you would like?"

The band director thought about it and said, "Well...I've always wanted a saxophone player who could play in tune."

The genie quickly said, "Let me see that map again."

A man was complaining about his life to his clergyman.

"I was a hard-working clerk making $30,000 per year. I was frugal, living carefully, saving my money, and I was happy and content.
Then one day I fell in with some shady characters and I got suckered into a high-stakes poker game. That was my ruin. Now I am anxious, stressed, and miserable."

The clergyman says "So you fell into temptation and lost all your savings?"

"No, I won, and like a fool I bought this lousy internet company."

Edited by Ockham's Spoon