Order of the Stick

Rapier

Re: Order of the Stick

I have to wonder....

Will Malack eventually join the Order of the Stick? I mean, we know a certain dwarf will die before returning home (I'm still wondering about the 'become undead and fufill both prophecies' possiblity) so the Order WILL need a new cleric. Should things go sour between Malack and Targuin, I can see him making a surprise replacement.

Also with V out of the way, the odds are less than even right now

I have to wonder....

Will Malack eventually join the Order of the Stick? I mean, we know a certain dwarf will die before returning home (I'm still wondering about the 'become undead and fufill both prophecies' possiblity) so the Order WILL need a new cleric. Should things go sour between Malack and Targuin, I can see him making a surprise replacement.

Also with V out of the way, the odds are less than even right now

Getting V back won't be a problem I think. All they need is the info on wich plane she is and Durkon should be able to fetch her. if all fails, the Darktooths should be able to get V back.

You do raise a good point about Malack and Durkon though. I doubt he will come back as undead, the prophecy said "posthumously" and I think that excludes being undead in a D&D world.

There is some chance Malack joins over the entire "killed my family" thing. There is even a chance that somehow Xykon or one of his team (Tsuiko perhaps) is actually responsible, so he might join without overthrowing anything with Tarquin.

• 2 weeks later...

Man, look at the amount of resources they had to dedicate to that search (all the magic items for the underwater search is the most egregious example).

Also, is there a hobgoblin stuck in that net? If so, that's just cold....

I think the hobgoblin is under the net, holding it up maybe?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary noticed that the ones searching underwater seem to be the aquatic variety of hobgoblins

It's an Otyugh, and it's almost inevitable that one turn up in a major city's sewer. I think it's an unwritten rule of D&D.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is now certain that hobgoblin is, just like the one on this side, just standing beside the net holding it.

Man' date=' look at the amount of resources they had to dedicate to that search (all the magic items for the underwater search is the most egregious example).[/quote']

There is one Cleric (who probaly cast water breathing) plus a lot of aquatic goblins with some wierd clothing part, that looks remotely like a amulet

It's an Otyugh, and it's almost inevitable that one turn up in a major city's sewer. I think it's an unwritten rule of D&D.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary is now certain that hobgoblin is, just like the one on this side, just standing beside the net holding it.

I thought the unwritten rule was for carrion crawlers, although everyone of a certain gaming vintage seems to have a Roper tale from the Poop Rivers of the Slave Lords module.

Are thre any aquatic goblins? I don`t remember any' date=' but I didn't buy that many monster books[/quote']

I distinctly remember that there was an aquatic hobgoblin in the 1st ediiton AD&D Monster Manual, and checking my copy of the DM's Guide confirms it.

Of course, I've no idea what's in any later editions.

Lucius Alexander

I'm sure they have no palindromedaries

In 3.5:

Nothing in Monster Manual I or III, no access to Nr. II

In 3.0:

Found nothing in Monster Manual I or II

I am not certain those are hobgoblins, as hobgoblins are drawn with brown skin while goblins are drawn with green. Of coruse the color could be of because they are aquatic...

Are we sure that it's not actually a Neo-Otyugh?

The palindromedary tagline has been snipped.

Honestly, I can't remember how to tell the difference other than intelligence level.

I'm trying to recall, from the distant past, if my first exposure to the word "ordure" was from the Otyugh entry in the MM, or from the first Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser book I read.

Let's jsut say "Finders Keepers", wich rhymes with:

824 Losers Weepers

But I think thier plan to keep the info a secret is flawed. They totally foget "Speak to Death". Unless of course, Yukiko get's there before Redcloak :)

Only if Redcloak thinks to cast the spell. Depending on how he finds out, he might just chalk the whole thing up to another random attack by the Resistance and not investigate fully. So the secret might be safe, but the Resistance can't really bank on it.

They should have thrown the bodies back into the sewer.

*ow* I just had a really bad thought. The next time I run a S&S game with a big city & a big sewer under it, the party will have at least one encounter with a Neo-Otyugh made up like a clown.

"They all float down here!" :eg: