Order of the Stick

Rapier

#1000 is up, and it looks like I was right about Hel's plan.

http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots1000.html

I guess I will be right too. I asumed the tiebreaker will be  tally between all priests of a god (wich Hel could win simply by having more clerics). But if she actually made them clerics of a Demigod allied to her, that makes a lot of sense too.

I also had the feeling that Roy might have to take up arms against his oldest friend and companion.

I think someone's going to get schooled again in the uselessness of high-level D&D fighters.

Perhaps not.

Are there rules that prevent other preists from buffing the Bodyguard of another Priest?

Does not Roy have a special ability on his sword that does serious harm to undead, as well as a talent that can disrupt spellcasting?

And is the Dark Durkons ability to see connections across multiple memories not highly limited, wich might cause a lapse in understanding?

It will still be an epic fight no doubt. But I think Dark!Durkon has not yet seen Roys full power.

It will still be an epic fight no doubt. But I think Dark!Durkon has not yet seen Roys full power.

The opposite is true, too. I don't think this fight will be won by might. I guess we'll get some epic back and forth, than some burst of clerical might that smites Roy, then some non-violent solution, probably involving the real Durkin in a "Nooooooooo" moment.

Or Belkar will stab some undead kidneys.

Fighter usefuleness debate aside, that last panel is made of pure win!

Go Roy Go! It's Hero time!

[something about Aquaman fans]

Roy does look cool, and I have high hopes for his anti-spellcaster feat, but he really does seem to fall short in some key areas. though a Protection from Evil would help vs. vampiric powers, and a Ring of +20 Leaping versus the High Priest of Hel's flight advantage.

Hint hint. 

I am actually confused a bit about that clerics position. The vote is one thing. Why is Suna (his Goddess according to the voting page) not saying "forget what I voted, help that fighter"? Is Suna a Rightous Neutral Goddess or somehow on the side of Hel? Or does she just want the world to be destroyed that badly?

But that last sentence in the last panel is both hilarious and encouraging at teh same time.

I am actually confused a bit about that clerics position. The vote is one thing. Why is Suna (his Goddess according to the voting page) not saying "forget what I voted, help that fighter"? Is Suna a Rightous Neutral Goddess or somehow on the side of Hel? Or does she just want the world to be destroyed that badly?

But that last sentence in the last panel is both hilarious and encouraging at teh same time.

I'm with you. I think Suna ordered him to pass the vote, and that was before she knew Hel's plan. That cleric should, at the very least, be trying to commune with his goddess and see if there are updated orders

I'm with you. I think Suna ordered him to pass the vote, and that was before she knew Hel's plan. That cleric should, at the very least, be trying to commune with his goddess and see if there are updated orders

Actually I was wondering why Suna did not give him new orders already (or any of they other aye-sayers). But then I remembered that the gods can only hear one another. So they are totally unaware of the fight happening. They might not even know the state of thier clerics themself.

Had another wierd idea: What if one of the aye sayers excludes thier cleric from the faith? They no langer have a presense at the godsmoot, hence the vote is invalid. There seems to be at least some precedent for faiths removing thier own representatives (like roy is trying to do right now).

Been also thinking about what role the Creed Vampires could play (asuming Dark!Durkon did not just kill them without insta-vampiring them via the staff). Could well be they are just reinforcements for this fight. But I think a secondary purpose fits too.