Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Got two superhe...err... supervillians for y'all. These are from Global Guardians campaign...which is a huge cooperative campaign. And yes, the elephant headed guy is supposed to have a bit of a belly.

And one Legend of the 5 Rings character...a crab raised crane.

EmperorloRes.jpg

GaneshloRes.jpg

ReiloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Dayum!

Those are the Sweetness!

The Emperor(?) the first guy, is just amazing. There is just a palpable aura about him IMO.

The Elephant guy is good. I think he needs a bulkier costume to hide his bulk. He apparently disagrees with me. :)

The Crab/Crane? She's...she'sss.....mmmmmmmmmmm....is she single?

What I really love about Ganesh is that the picture just screams HUGE the angle is such that he is looking down at the viewer and the proportion of the pointing hand is that it is closer and pointing down. I have to say that I am VERY impressed by this particular drawing.

This weekend, I got a chance to play Spirit of the Century. A very, very good pulp game system. As I am wont to do, I doodled while playing. These were all pre-gens, as it was a mini-con here in Ithaca. My character was Kid Shadow.

I had a very good time playing. This is going to become our group's stand by game, when not everyone can make it to the table, because it will be a snap to just do an evening with any combo of the pulp characters. Although, we've already done characters for the game, not these depicted. Just haven't drawn them yet.

Enjoy.

SoTCTeam.jpg

Storn, beautiful work on the clothes in that last set of sketches. Did you use a ref, or was that all from scratch? Either way, nice!

Keith "wrinkles and folds" Curtis

all out of my head. I wuz at the gaming table. No time to do reference research.

Very nice sketches Storn. They look like my finished drawings (maybe), if I took 4 or 5 days to do them. :o

I was reading the original San Angelo book recently with your drawings of Corona, Savante, and the rest. It's neat to be able to do a then and now of your work. You've just gotten better and better over the years.

Keep up the great work, and thanks again for sharing it with us. :thumbup:

Great pics. Spirit of the Century, eh? Pre-ordered that puppy, got a PDF copy as a prize, haven't had the chance to read through it yet, though I'm familiar with the system.

The guys who did SotC are also in the throes of writing the Dresden Files RPG. For those who don't know the Dresden Files books by Jim Butcher, I highly recommend checking them out. Best modern fantasy I've read so far.

Anyways, if you end up playing in the the Dresden universe, I' love to see what your fertile mind and nimble pen come up with.

P.S. Any chance of seeing a background for those characters, especially the Librarian? my wife happens to be one and she'd be tickled at the image. :)

Wait, the President of the United States was a PC? Um, suh-Weet.

Feel free to doodle during my games at GenCon next year. I'd love to have seen a Storn sketch of Ash Williams gutting Ace Freley with a chainsaw.

:nonp:...How could you? And it's Frehley.

I goofed on Ganesh originally, he was supposed to have 4 arms. Here is the updated, corrected version. And another antognist for the global guardians.

GaneshIIloRes.jpg

DevilloRes.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/