Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

That has got to be one of the worst designed and moderated forums I've ever seen. Er wait, something tells me it isn't moderated at all...

Metric butt-load of stupidity is a huge understatement...

I'm guessing the threads are where the lines are? That is horrible to navigate there. Makes me really really cherish the Hero Boards.

It has some moderation. I haunt it looking for images, since the discussion of gaming is usually of no value.

The boards are on the left, and then the threads appear on the right. It's a format used in several similar set-ups.

No I don't. But I really should look into that. Which one are you interested in tshirt wise? The Shang Chi one?

Yeah - sequential stuff always looks good in print form, and action sequential stuff looks great on tshirts. I'm pretty sure you've got some other action-y stuff (full on action poses) that'd translate well too. I see the Shang Chi one on a black tee for some reason.

If you do go down this road, it'd be cool to put your name and web address on the back across the shoulders too.

Next is a flying, brick, type super with a police background.

Miracle72.jpg

Since my wife doesn't read the boards (and the only player in our gaming group that might would keep quiet about this), I can let the cat out of the bag and confirm that this picture is of my wife's new character, Miracle. She is indeed a flying brick, with the ability to push her performance in an area (a small multipower that increases either her Strength, Dexterity, Armor, or flight). The picture is a Christmas present, and I just need to go and buy a suitable frame for it...

As you can tell, Storn really did an excellent job with this one. I sent him plenty of info, including the entire character sheet (with background, personality, etc) - and it matches how I picture the character perfectly!

This is an oil painting commission I've been working off and on during the last couple of weeks. A Forgotten Realms Drow. Finally dry enuff to slap on the ol' scanner.

I'm quite pleased with how it came out. I owe Alan Pollack huge props for letting me come over to his house and watch him paint for a few hours. I took several of his techniques and materials when doing this painting and it was the most fun I've had painting since art school. So much easier that my usual struggles.

I think this would make a nice cover. It has not been published. So, if anyone has a need for a drow on a cover, let me know. It will be a lot cheaper than commissioning a new cover.

storn.cook@gmail.com

Draow72.jpg

Hey, Storn. I sent you the $$$ for my character art via PayPal a short while ago, and also an email containing the notes/thoughts for the artwork (since PayPal cut off part of it in the message). I ponied up the big bucks as we discussed. When can we talk about a timeline and other details?

This is an oil painting commission I've been working off and on during the last couple of weeks. A Forgotten Realms Drow. Finally dry enuff to slap on the ol' scanner.

Awsome painting. It's nice to see a Drow who's not dual-wielding scimitars :)

Hey' date=' Storn. I sent you the $$$ for my character art via PayPal a short while ago, and also an email containing the notes/thoughts for the artwork (since PayPal cut off part of it in the message). I ponied up the big bucks as we discussed. When can we talk about a timeline and other details?[/quote']

I'm busting through commissions at a pretty fast clip, although I have another painted one on my plate, which always takes a bit longer. However, there will be times it will be a-dryin' and I will turn to other projects.

The other time crunch in my life is that I'm helping a friend out. He sells Xmas trees in NYC every year (if y'all live in NYC, come check out Union Square, Friday's, Saturday's and Sundays for the next 3 weekends... I'll be the one in a tan leather cowboy hat next to a veritable forest of Xmas trees).

But send me your thoughts again in a separate email. I think I have the one you originally sent, but if you have supplemental ideas... kick them out to me.

Meanwhile, a trio of images for Death Tribble. First up, Bast, a catburglar who needed to depart from Catwoman and still have a bit of an egyptian motif.

Bast72.jpg

Then, with Scott Bennie's approval, Red King from his Gestalt book (an amazing campaign book for Champions, btw, Stornbob sez: check it out), who never got the full head to toe treatment. And from what I understand, the Bone White Queen was mentioned, but never got a stat write up or an illo in the book. D.T. wanted to see my version of her, so, viola, I combined the two of them with the magic of photoshop.

RoyalDuo72.jpg

Bast was the winner of this year's vote and continues the theme of having the winning pic being done before the close of the year.

I wanted a pic of The Blood Red King that was full figure as there was not a usuable one in the Gestalt book. The one on the cover was not in focus to tell the truth. So I got Scott Bennie's permission to have Storn do the pic as he had already done such a great job elsewhere in the book.

In doing so and in reading Gestalt I picked up on the Bone White Queen. So as a thank you to Scott I commissioned Storn to do the Bone White Queen. Scott can now stat her up for official use.

The pic of the two of them together is a bonus.

Bast was the winner of this year's vote and continues the theme of having the winning pic being done before the close of the year.

I wanted a pic of The Blood Red King that was full figure as there was not a usuable one in the Gestalt book. The one on the cover was not in focus to tell the truth. So I got Scott Bennie's permission to have Storn do the pic as he had already done such a great job elsewhere in the book.

In doing so and in reading Gestalt I picked up on the Bone White Queen. So as a thank you to Scott I commissioned Storn to do the Bone White Queen. Scott can now stat her up for official use.

The pic of the two of them together is a bonus.

Scott, I have Bone White Queen as a separate pic as well. If that would be helpful for you, shoot me an email and I will send you a copy of that.

4chan.org

The Traditional Games board. Be prepared for a metric butt-load of stupidity.

That's a megasized understatement. 4Chan is an infectious disease that should be purged with fire and acid.

Storn: the pic of Miracle (the red-headed flying brick) is superb. Someday I'll run out of Hero stuff to buy and commission a piece...

That's a megasized understatement. 4Chan is an infectious disease that should be purged with fire and acid..

*shrug* It has its uses. I've found many an interesting image there amid the Cosplay, Weapons, Mecha, and Traditional Game boards. Just look at my Pictures That Could Supers pages. But yes, there is some grad-A asshattery going on at all times.

*shrug* It has its uses. I've found many an interesting image there amid the Cosplay' date=' Weapons, Mecha, and Traditional Game boards. Just look at my Pictures That Could Supers pages. But yes, there is some grad-A asshattery going on at all times.[/quote']

Hmmm...can i say anything about 4chan without resorting to inapropriate language? Probably not. As far as trawling its depths for pictures, well thats like swimming in the shark tank with fresh steaks strapped to you.

Hmmm...can i say anything about 4chan without resorting to inapropriate language? Probably not. As far as trawling its depths for pictures' date=' well thats like swimming in the shark tank with fresh steaks strapped to you.[/quote']

A waste of good steak? :)