Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

• 3 weeks later...

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Just to wet your appetite, I have not one picture awaiting completion by Storn, not even two but FOUR. As of today when I made payment.

One is a character Storn himself plays, one is a favour to another poster for some artwork they dug up for me, one is from the last vote thread I did and the last is completely new.

So be patient and await the results oh beloved readers.

I had 17 pics last year. Three were carry overs from 2006 but the rest were all bought and paid for during the year. So you had the sublime full body pic of the Blood Red King from Gestalt (with thanks to Scott Bennie for giving permission) to the ridiculous The Purple Worm as Film Noir and Colonel Blinky.

Come mid to late April the Concept to drawing thread will kick off its fifth year as will the vote thread a couple of months later. And oh boy do I have a doozie of vote selections for you this year. Stay tuned for more news as it happens.

Been a bit since I last posted, but here are some more. A trio of dudes.

WhDwarf72.jpg

Zasheir72.jpg

Merc72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

Well Storn, to quote the guy on the beer commercial:

"DUDE!" :thumbup:

I gotta say Storn. Your work in Gestalt was some of your best Hero work yet.

I have to say 9.5 outta 10.

QM

Thank you.

It's a TWAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!

Oh. This one was so much fun to do. This was commissioned by a loving wife for her husband's xmas gift this year. Full oils. His very, very first character, who happens to be star wars. After getting the description, this image leapt to mind immediately, dunno why, sometimes that just happens. Sometimes I have to find the image while I work it out on paper/canvas.

Zorak72.jpg

Thank you.

It's a TWAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!

Oh. This one was so much fun to do. This was commissioned by a loving wife for her husband's xmas gift this year. Full oils. His very, very first character, who happens to be star wars. After getting the description, this image leapt to mind immediately, dunno why, sometimes that just happens. Sometimes I have to find the image while I work it out on paper/canvas.

Zorak72.jpg

Oh, that IS nice. Too bad I already repped you for yesterday's set.

JG

Thank you.

It's a TWAAAAAAAAPPP!!!!

Full oils, very nice.

That is really an awesome idea for a gift.

Full oils, very nice.

That is really an awesome idea for a gift.

A longtime friend of mine commissioned a BIG piece of artwork from Storn, that I got for Christmas. Very cool...it may eventually make its way to this thread. It's of our two City of Heroes characters - Southern Shootist (my technological archer) and Roadbreaker (his demonic tanker).

A longtime friend of mine commissioned a BIG piece of artwork from Storn' date=' that I got for Christmas. Very cool...it may eventually make its way to this thread. It's of our two City of Heroes characters - Southern Shootist (my technological archer) and Roadbreaker (his demonic tanker).[/quote']

Oh crud. I knew I wanted to put some artwork up from before Xmas, and I just couldn't remember which one it was. I will put that up tomorrow. I've got these three for today.

My previous drow picture inspired two more. One is for a modern-mystical campaign. The other is more typical fantasy. Maybe y'all can tell which is which, cause I ain't tellin'.

Drowwarrior72.jpg

Drowpunk72.jpg

The next guy is my own character, who I used to play in Red Dragon Universe (aka RDU) game. This is Crusader, originally Intercept, who took over the mantle of the original Crusader (an NPC). In published Champions Universe canon, Crusader is the capt. America analog. Bit more to the character than that... My concept started as can I do a power armor character who is interesting to me... and can I make a cape work as part of that skill set. (The cape glides, with very quiet air compressed jets for a very stealthy power armor).

Death Tribble so kindly comissioned me to do this, of my own character, for both me... and Neil, the main GM of RDU.

The RDU website is here: http://rdu.wikispaces.com/

And here is Crusader

Crusader72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/

You have comic tendencies and skills' date=' Storn. Why have you not done a comic for me to buy?[/quote']

Because I love to paint. And no one is going to pay a complete unknown to draw and paint a comic these days. Too expensive. But my ego wouldn't allow me to be a colorist. I have to be the penciler too.