Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

do you use a digital art tablet, once it is scanned?

and if so what type?

Thanks

Wacom Intuos 2.

A few years ago, I did a re-imagining of a longtime stock character over at Hero, Grond, the Hero/Champion's version of the Hulk (although their Ogre filled a similar niche).

Death Tribble asked me to do a version of mecha-godzilla crossed with the concept of Grond... and here is what fell out of my noggin.

MechaGrond72.jpg

Well Susano I am glad you think so as that one was for you.

Meantime for the rest of you, ponder this. What kind of evil madman or madperson would build such a thing in the Champions Universe ?

"Uhm, yes, you see that giant half grond half godzilla looking robot-thing? The one stepping on the Darren's Pizza place? I had it built to activate at the right time, where it would awaken, and save the day by taking out a greater evil then become a friend to all the children....

This is -not- the right time. Obviously I forgot to take a variable into account and it woke up early. You need to take it out while I work on a plan B. Go for eyeshots, but avoid the mouth, and don't worry, I'm pretty sure you succeed. Ta," And with that Captain Chronos vanished into the timestream, leaving the superheroes to deal with the multi story engine of destruction.

"I really hate that man," The mentalist muttered to the rest of them.

StarF.jpg

I love the hairstyle. It reminds me of the old 3rd Edition character sheets, where there was an outline you could trace of the hair.

I don't want to sound like I could do it better, or think I don't think it's awesome work, but if I were to commission something like this, I think I'd rather the star be more symmetrical, but I'm more logical minded than artistic, so I like symmetry :P

The other thing I might have done, is given her something on her face. Maybe a headband with a jewel (star?) or one of those mask/face pieces that just frame the face. Just some ideas for future thought.

I love the hairstyle. It reminds me of the old 3rd Edition character sheets, where there was an outline you could trace of the hair.

I don't want to sound like I could do it better, or think I don't think it's awesome work, but if I were to commission something like this, I think I'd rather the star be more symmetrical, but I'm more logical minded than artistic, so I like symmetry :P

The other thing I might have done, is given her something on her face. Maybe a headband with a jewel (star?) or one of those mask/face pieces that just frame the face. Just some ideas for future thought.

I wanted to avoid the cliche of a symetrical star. Just have seen that so many times. And I wanted her to be of simple lines. Nothing on her face, forehead. So, while those are neat ideas, they were not what came out of my noggin when I sat down and sketched her out.

Something else I forgot to mention, I've always been a fan of the effect where you can see the stars in the costume you captured that beautifully. The energy effect around her hands is great too. I really like the white energy effect too, it really has the "Star Power" feel.

With the possible exception of the guy with the sword that looks like he's screaming "Is there no one else?" (I'll try to find it again) this is probably my favorite picture from you.

Meantime for the rest of you, ponder this. What kind of evil madman or madperson would build such a thing in the Champions Universe ?

Mechanon -

Meat puppets are so unreliable.

Certainly a possibility, but the style seems too baroque for Mechanon. To me this smacks of Lemurian esthetic, so I would say the monster was either commissioned by the Lemurian king Arvad, or the work of Zorran.

well my first thought was some group that wanted it to help them defend the world from Grond, so UNTIL? Actualy probably PRIMUS

Wacom Intuos 2.

A few years ago, I did a re-imagining of a longtime stock character over at Hero, Grond, the Hero/Champion's version of the Hulk (although their Ogre filled a similar niche).

Death Tribble asked me to do a version of mecha-godzilla crossed with the concept of Grond... and here is what fell out of my noggin.

MechaGrond72.jpg

Grond give Metal Grond four thumbs up! :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup: :D

• 1 month later...

I haven't done any character concepts in a bit. But I'm gearing up to do several. A couple of sketches from my own games are here too.

First up, some victorian Rune Punk characters...

Ashmoore72.jpg

Arabella72.jpg

Now. Crimson, from a new SotC "noir" game that my friend Judd is running... My assassin turned to good guy. On the run from Fu Manchu and the Crimson Knives... (oh yeah, when stealing, steal from the best... thanks Moench and Gulacy!!!)

Crimson72.jpg

And another character, Sebastian Deitrich, from Jeff's super/future sci-fi game based on his original abberant universe. Sebastian is bred and born to serve his Princess Arabella (another player's PC). She is a precog. He is a teleporter. He is so totally in love with her, its funny...

Sebastian72.jpg

These works are licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-ShareAlike 2.5 License.

http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc-sa/2.5/