Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Storn

Re: Storn's Art & Characters thread.

Well, someone better give some info on these two.

As always, Storn, good stuff.

Well, I can't get into stats just yet. I don't have many cards in my hand to play, so I wish to keep them face down for now. Too many players lurk this this thread. Basically a sniper and a martial artist, if you couldn't tell. ;)

Alpha and Omega. (if you can't read Greek characters, Omega is the guy) They are two members of my homebrew evil organization, for my upcoming Red Stars campaign. My version of VIPER. They are both humans with some cybernetic enhancement, and commonly work as a team. The begining and the end. A common tactic is for Alpha to create a comotion and start a large brawl. During said chaos, Omega takes out the target from a safe distance, and Alpha retreats in a cloud of smoke. The PC's will be seeing the first signs of the organizaion, so not too much is known by players at this time.

The setting is an entire society based on Alternate Earth travel and trade. The main earth, Locus, has served as a base of travel and trade for many years. They orignally developed the technology for AE travel and have capitalized on it immensely. With nigh un-ending resources they have colonized most of the solar system, and become a nexus of wealth and technology. There's more to it but you asked about the characters.

I am trying to flesh-out the whole organization for maybe a DH article or something. If you want more info just PM me, I'm happy to talk about it, just don't want to hijack Storn's famed thread.

Great work Storn. Many more will be coming your way over time. :thumbup:

• 2 weeks later...

Falleen

The Falleen are a scaled, cold-blooded, reptilian humanoid species with pigmentation that varies with mood, known to be as long lived as the Hutts (the Falleen have an average lifespan of 250 Standard Years) who inhabit and originate from the planet Falleen. They are capable of exuding pheromones that make all but the most determined of humanoids of opposite sex become strongly attracted to them, in addition to their intrinsic beauty and symmetry. They also possess considerable physical prowess and the ability to hold their breath for prolonged periods, both thanks to their reptilian heritage. The most well known Falleen is Prince Xizor, the head of the criminal organization Black Sun during the late Empire.

Their reserve, and cultural snobbery, has led to the Falleen adopting an isolationist stance, protecting their feudal social structures and culture; their natural secretive tendencies were only reinforced by a tragic accident: -6 ABY, an Imperial bioweapons laboratory located in a major Falleen city, which was a personal project of Darth Vader, suffered a leak of an advanced, highly virulent, flesh-eating microorganism into the city- to stop the plague from spreading, Darth Vader commanded that Order Base-Delta-Zero be executed on the city and its environs, or in other words, massive orbital bombardment meant to destroy all vectors for the organism, and the micro-organism itself. This led to the death of 200,000 Falleen, among which were all of Xizor's relatives (a probable explanation for his vendetta against Darth Vader).

Sadly I knew all this before going to Wikipdia.

Because Greymankle specifically asked us not to? He paid for it. Seems reasonable to me.

I wasn't referring at all to Greymankle's pic. That's his commission and his wishes should be respected. I was replying to the response about an earlier pic and the putting dibs on a pic. I guess that's the confusion that comes when I only catch up on the boards once every couple of weeks.....it gets a little confusing which one I am talking about.

And, Nuadha, your use of NE's Hades pic, is using an illo from a published game, Mutants and Masterminds, for a Necessary Evil campaign. That is slightly different, than a picture going through dual use at the SAME table.

I wasn't referring to the use of the Hades pic in Mutants and Masterminds either. Neil was just saying that he was wanting to use the Hades pic at some point for his own NPC, not in Mutants and Masterminds.

I agree that certain pics would completely become hands off after being used, particularly a long-running pc like Chango. There are sometimes that the picture gets to closely identified with the character. However, Neil uses a lot of pics that end up being one-use bad guys who may not even survive their first encounters with the PCs. Theres no reason a picture like that couldn't end up showing up in a game by Greymankle later as a different character.

That Hades picture had no "story" to go with it until you chose to use it as Archon in NE. Now it has a story behind it' date=' and it would be wrong, IMO, to use it as anything else within our play group experience.[/quote']

If the NE campaign lasts a while (and I think it will), then I could see saying that the Hades pic "is Archon," but if the campaign is over and we've freed the Earth from alien rule (replacing it with Archon's rule of course) a few games from now and the game did not last long enough to completely attach that picture in the minds of the players as Archon, then why decide not to use it as "Darklord" or something just because I said it was Archon in an old campaign?

If that boat hits the wrong wave' date=' one of those mercenaries is going to have a nasty case of rope burn in a place he'll have trouble keeping ointment on...:D[/quote']

Well, fashion isn't the only reason not to wear short-shorts. But it should always be a consideration. 'Cause you know some bishi Abyssal is going to comment on that...

Great stuff as always, Storn! And now I'm curious about the super/god/avatar type's armor bits that seem to be floating around his shoulder and hips.

Well' date=' fashion isn't the [i']only[/i] reason not to wear short-shorts. But it should always be a consideration. 'Cause you know some bishi Abyssal is going to comment on that...

Great stuff as always, Storn! And now I'm curious about the super/god/avatar type's armor bits that seem to be floating around his shoulder and hips.

As with so much of my work, I just sorta have a half vague notion... like: "I'm a god, I've got SO much power, I can keep these floaty bits around me without strain". And I thought it looked cool. Really, it just simply comes down to that. I just make stuff up for a living.

I let the poor players come up with justifications of why, how and how many pts do I have to spend NOW?!?!? to meet the look.:)

As with so much of my work, I just sorta have a half vague notion... like: "I'm a god, I've got SO much power, I can keep these floaty bits around me without strain". And I thought it looked cool. Really, it just simply comes down to that. I just make stuff up for a living.

I let the poor players come up with justifications of why, how and how many pts do I have to spend NOW?!?!? to meet the look.:)

Thanks a lot!

Course he's an NPC so I can handwave...:D