Artwork for Gestalt

GestaltBennie

The long-promised Gestalt book is actually nearing completion. As a preview, here's a bit of art from three of our artists (art posted with permission):

First Jason Reeves

http://www.133art.com/

power_vs_power1b.jpg

weather1b.jpg

apparition1a-1.jpg

Next: Adam Gillespie

http://www.nightlightgraphics.com

gillespie-stuntman_and_ricochet.jpg

gillespie-resistor_portrait-1.jpg

gillespie_DecoEagleBanner_Final.jpg

We've also got some spectacularly good art from Chris Stevens, Storn Cook, Eo Ahnix (a local SF artist who's doing a great job on some of our aliens) and Sketchopad, plus some color maps by Keith Curtis!

Gestalt: The Hero Within is an original superhero campaign setting where, about fifteen years ago, archetypes in humanity's collective unconscious came to life, giving birth to superhumans. Nearly fourteen years in the making, Gestalt: The Hero Wihin is 400 pages (or thereabouts) and released on PDF. Pending approvals, expect it to be released some time in late Winyer/early Spring. Further details (publisher, price, etc.) will be released when final arrangements have been made.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Artwork for Gestalt

I will totally buy this IF it's on paper.....not if it's a PDF only...:(

We'll see whether a POD is possible. I suspect rather strongly that a conventional print run is out of the question, given the weight of costs vs. the state of the market and the industry distribution system. But you never know.

Looks good, Scott. I hope there is a printed version, but if not, I'm on board for the PDF version.

Edited to correct a stupid homophonic typo (I typed "their" for "there") that I would chastise others for. Therefore, I must now go chastise myself.

My only problem with it being a PDF is that printing out any page with color art on it is a print-cartridge killer. Being self-employed I can't steal printouts from work!

Other than that, looks enticing! You'll probably have my coin.

A lot of pdf publishers include a printer-friendly version without color art or intense graphics in the download. That way you can have one that looks nice and print out the other to save cartridge. That might be something to think about with a pdf this big [of course I'll be buying the pdf and print versions for both Champions and M&M :)].

A lot of pdf publishers include a printer-friendly version without color art or intense graphics in the download. That way you can have one that looks nice and print out the other to save cartridge. That might be something to think about with a pdf this big [of course I'll be buying the pdf and print versions for both Champions and M&M :)].

Thought so. Hey Scott, do that! :D

I'll make no promises on this one, but it *is* a good idea.

• 1 month later...