What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Okay film watched this week

Monday: The Proposal, Easy Rider (watched most of it)

Tuesday: finished watching Easy Rider, Heaven Knows Mr Allison

Since today is Charles Dickens 200th birthday might try to watch David Lean's Great Expectations too.

Wednesday: Karate Kid 1 & 2

Thursday: Karate Kid 3, The Rock.

Since today is Charles Dickens 200th birthday might try to watch David Lean's Great Expectations too.

Friday: The Muppet Movie

Saturday: Stand By Me, Saturday Night Fever

Watched "Sherlock Holmes : A Game Of Shadows" the other day. Not bad, but I can't say that I am particularly taken with Robert Downey Jnr's take on Sherlock. He's too much of a modern style "action hero" for me, I prefer my Holmes to be a bit more cerebral. I do like Jude Law's Watson however.

Friday: The Muppet Movie

Saturday: Stand By Me, Saturday Night Fever

Sunday: The Great Muppet Caper

Agony, a Russian film about the fall of Rasputin (the prophet/charlatan(?) whose excesses unintentionally helped bring down the Romanov Dynasty in Russia). Have yet to finish it and it's frustrating as all get out. The subject matter is fascinating, though. But I just don't like Rasputin himself -- his actions seem far more random than anything else.

There's the potential for a fascinating film about Rasputin. I'm just not sure anyone's made it yet.

"The Secret World of Arietty", the latest Disney dub of a Studio Ghibli release, and based loosely on the Mary Norton "Borrowers" books. It's sweet, beautifully designed (a lot of the film is dedicated to showing just how much of a struggle it is for the Borrowers to get anywhere) and G-rated. Take the kids, but be prepared to answer some questions about exterminators and why they're needed.

Just watched last Friday's Grimm -- I really ought to do more reading up on fairy tales. I'd like to write a "thing" for that sort of setting, sorta like I did with my WWII supplement and that timeline I did using as much material as I could glean from popular culture (and yes, I did only use what I liked. ;))

Caught a showing of the Oscar-nominated animated shorts. Four of the five, anyway, with some bonus "considered" shorts tacked on at the end.

All of them were interesting at the least, but for my money "The Fantastic Flying Books of Morris Lessmore" was the clear standout.