What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

Ashes to Ashes Series 2 episodes 1-7.

Loved Life on Mars, didn't much like Ashes to Ashes Series 1. Series 2, while still not as good as LoM, hits closer to the mark. They've moved away from the Coma Dream / Death Dream POV in LoM into more of an Alternate World / Afterlife for Cops model, which at first was kind of off putting but which has grown on me. They've also left things open enough that they can move back to the Coma Dream model by the end of the series if they choose to. At this point I'm guessing they're going to end Series 3 with one of the rejected LoM ending proposals, and have our heroine return to the present only to meet a much older "real" Gene Hunt.

if there is a sequel to Ashes to Ashes, involving the present Gene Hunt; which Bowie song would they use as a title? It would have to be from Bowie's last two albums, both successful, Heathen or Reality.

Season 2 Robot Chicken

Jumper

Transformers

Phil the Alien (Canadian Sci fi comedy- pretty funny)

Broken Flowers (why don't Jim Jarmusch movies ever seem to have a solid ending?)

Legion of SuperHeroes vol 2

Pan's Labyrinth

Wedding Crashers (cause I love Isla Fisher and Rachel McAdams)

Where Eagles Dare -- Over the top WWII action. Almost an labyrinth of loyalties as you try to figure out who's loyal and who's a traitor.

Alistair MacClean had a lot of his books turned into movies and most of them were top rate.

CES

Where Eagles Dare -- Over the top WWII action. Almost an labyrinth of loyalties as you try to figure out who's loyal and who's a traitor.

I've based a Champions, Danger International, and a Paranoia scenario on that movie.

Alistair MacClean had a lot of his books turned into movies and most of them were top rate.

CES

Apparently, this one was done in reverse -- he wrote the screenplay then the book.

Apparently' date=' this one was done in reverse -- he wrote the screenplay [u']then[/u] the book.

Didn't know that. I remember as a kid being in a book store and seeing a line of his books and remembering the movies that were based on them like the Satan Bug, Ice Station Zebra, and the Guns of Navarone.

CES