What Have You Watched Recently?

Susano

Re: What Have You Watched Recently?

You forget Joss's known fascination with waif-like engines of destruction. Heck' date=' he was even talking about how his version of Wonder Woman would have to be very young and thin. :nonp:[/quote'] I would buy Sarah Michelle Geller as WW as she is too short. If someone were a bit taller and had a athletic, toned, and muscled body, with long black hair, with C cups, that I would be my ideal WW.

I would buy Sarah Michelle Geller as WW as she is too short. If someone were a bit taller and had a athletic' date=' toned, and muscled body, with long black hair, with C cups, that I would be my ideal WW.[/quote']

But mpt Joss's.

Oh, watched Bolt, that was a fun film.

Some day I'll have to try and write him up with all of his superpowers... (which is a scary concept!)

But mpt Joss's.

Oh, watched Bolt, that was a fun film.

Some day I'll have to try and write him up with all of his superpowers... (which is a scary concept!)

Brionl made an attempt on the Champions board. I don't know if he finished it.

CES

Hawk the Slayer - cheesy B- Fantasy Movie one of those gamer cult-classics I somehow had missed until recently. Holy rapid fire' date=' move over Legolas. Got to be the worst/least appropriate fantasy movie soundtrack ever, and some of the deadest line deliveries. Now I understand some of the KoDT stuff better. [/quote']

It does contain one of the best insults ever: "I am skilled in the art of curing. Shall I treat your face?"

Calamari Wrestler. A dying Japanese Pro Wrestler makes a deal with a mysterious stranger to return to the ring in the form of an air breathing human sized squid. After that, things get strange.

Very funny. Worth a purchase or rental.

watch?v=bYdjTrRPPAI

Calamari Wrestler. A dying Japanese Pro Wrestler makes a deal with a mysterious stranger to return to the ring in the form of an air breathing human sized squid. After that, things get strange.

Very funny. Worth a purchase or rental.

watch?v=bYdjTrRPPAI

I love how they don't even bother to hide the actor's all too human legs.

Watching a CFL game on tape-delay between Edmonton and Winnipeg. Fiorst half the offenses couldn;t do a bloody thing. They've gotten better so far in the second half, ironically as the field conditions ahev gotten worse.

Where else can you run a play from you're opponent's 53-yard line?

Ong Bok 2.

Wow. A really bad movie, but in the very ambitious failure way rather than in the no-one-gave-a-crap way.

On the plus side:

Good action scenes when they went right.

Good costuming.

Good sets (mostly location shooting)

On the minus side:

Deeply silly action scenes when they went wrong.

Odd plot holes that suggested big chunks on the cutting room floor or never filmed.

Weird mystic stuff that didn't quite fit.

An ending that goes against genre when genre was the film's strong point.

I'm told that Tony Jaa had a nervous breakdown during filming. I believe it. The film had a lot of potential, but the messy story telling and message ending wasted whatever good will the film's action choreography might have earned. Maybe worth a rental, if that.

Watched the series premiere of Merlin. To say that I was unimpressed is a kindness. I could not imagine how they could more thoroughly massacre the Arthurian legends without going straight into spoof mode. I feel that this drek should have been titled "Camelot 90210." I'm usually pretty easy to please, but this goes beyond the pale. :thumbdown

Sad thing is, if they would have based the premise on anything other than the legend of Merlin and Arthur, it would have just been another low budget fantasy show like Xena or Hercules.

We watched 1776 today in honor of the holiday weekend. We also finished watching the first season of Chuck for the second time. And we're two disks into the third season of Stargate SG-1.

We're hoping to get the first disk of Stargate: Atlantis season 5 in our Netflix envelope this week.

Watched the series premiere of Merlin. To say that I was unimpressed is a kindness. I could not imagine how they could more thoroughly massacre the Arthurian legends without going straight into spoof mode. I feel that this drek should have been titled "Camelot 90210." I'm usually pretty easy to please, but this goes beyond the pale. :thumbdown

Sad thing is, if they would have based the premise on anything other than the legend of Merlin and Arthur, it would have just been another low budget fantasy show like Xena or Hercules.

I liked Merlin. A plus was seeing Tony Head in a another role.

War, Inc. - Pretty funny, mostly predictable plot, but still kinda cool. Had some really good moments in it. Good way to burn a couple hours really. John Cusak plays an assassin with a change of heart - Grosse Point Blanke only not as well done.

toss in the netflix cue for a funny war movie.

Man, wasn't Hillary Duff unrecognizable. I didn't believe it was her when someone told me. I had to check on IMDB before I would believe it.