WWYCD: The Seven Deadlies

Marcus Impudite

A group of whacko cultists recently performed a ritual to open a portal to Hell, and unleash the infernal hordes upon the earth! You and your party got there in time to defeat the cultists and close the portal, but unfortunately not before something, or rather seven somethings, got through! These seven demons turn out to be none other than the Seven Deadly Sins themselves! During your first battle with two of the Sins, Lust and Greed specifically, you find out the hard way that the usual methods of demon extermination don't work so well against them; they're simply too powerful for that. After licking your wounds, the appropriate member of your party does some research and finds their weaknesses: for each of the Sins you'll need something that symbolizes the Virtue that opposes them. What items/substances/etc. would your character and company gather to aid them in defeating the Seven Deadlies? What order would they take them on in? WWYCD?

Re: WWYCD: The Seven Deadlies

Lust: A wedding ring or a story of true love

Greed: a truly selfless gift given anomalously

Gluttony: Not sure

Wrath: A letter of pardon or forgiveness

Sloth: a great work or masterpiece built through effort and dedication

Pride: Working on it

Envy:ditto

I find it amusing that two of the superteams I've played with/GMed for would more or less resolve this situation just by being proximate to the Seven Deadly Sins. . .

As for my own characters, Hermes notably would be a walking bane to Sloth. More than perhaps any other character in that game, Hermes is full of hope and activity. . . in spite of knowing with a fair degree of certainty that his entire world is doomed to nigh-total destruction.

Cornerstone - who tries to uphold the virtues anyways. would (not necessarily in order)

1. Lust: Remind lust that he was a virgin when he met his wife, was always faithful until her death, and has remained vigilent ever since.

2. Gluttony: Fast for a day. It won't be the first time.

3, Greed: Give (after his 10% to the church, of course) all his paychech AND his time to charity

4, Sloth: Build a church

5. Wrath: Remind him how he forgave the VIPER member for killing his family.

6. Envy: Give away something that means alot to him. Since envy is desiring something you don't have. Giving something away seems the easiest.

7. Pride: Remind him that God gave him everything he has. Giving credit where credit is due.

Silver Speedster: Um, he'd probably befriend Lust.

Mark IV: Would research the sins and confront each one. Since he has no emotions/desires, he may win.

Super! Absorbant! Sponge!!!!!

Lust: He'd ask too many questions

Gluttony: Ok, only 1 hour a day of his favorite cartoon sponge.

Greed: SAS! is a giving sort.

Sloth: OK, maybe only 1/2 an hour.

Wrath: Oh, SAS! is not wrathful, What did you say about my favorite cartoon???? (and probably get into a lame fight).

Envy: No I'm not envying people who watch a whole hour, what were we talking about?

Pride: A good cartoon is all he has pride in. (I mean have you seen this guy in action?)

These seven demons turn out to be none other than the Seven Deadly Sins themselves!

Not the members of the Skeleton Crew then? It would certainly fit as an origin story, given how well most of us exercise those sins...

for each of the Sins you'll need something that symbolizes the Virtue that opposes them. What items/substances/etc. would your character and company gather to aid them in defeating the Seven Deadlies? What order would they take them on in? WWYCD?

Lust v Chastity

Gluttony v Temperance

Greed v Charity

Sloth v Diligence

Wrath v Patience

Envy v Kindness

Pride v Humility

Given party members include a professional concubine currently sleeping with Vitus's students behind his back, a spouse-beater (he was mind controlled at the time, admittedly), it takes us up to 4 hours to assemble in response to an emergency, and Vitus scores pretty damn highly on ALL those sins...

it would probably be easier for us to get the Sins fired for not trying hard enough, and take over their jobs

in the other campaign, Zero would probably be best at the Humility. He's certainly humiliated enough. Does that count?

re humility, he'ld probably take them to visit his Mother. That would break them. It certainly broke him....

I'd try to throw the demons for a loop and consider the broader, but valid, definitions of the since. For example Lust isn't just sexual, it's wanting for the sake of wanting it. You can lust after a fancy sports car as well as a member of the appropriate sex. Greed and Gluttony and excessive hording and consuming and are not limited to money and food.

The seven sins are about taking things too far. That being said, I think someone who is content with the simple things in life would be helpful. A Buddhist priest for example.

Chastity includes being faithful to a spouse/lover.

I checked a dictionary and being chaste includes a sense of purity, probably going back to the belief that sex was dirty. I would think that the wedding dress of a woman who was a virgin until she got married then stayed true to her husband until she died would make a good component in making a Chastity elemental.

Well, since Badger is a virgin I guess he could be used to fight Lust. (only believes sex after marriage)

Course, Pride would be his bane, however.

Others he might do good against would be Sloth (he works hard to improve his abilities with strenous training) and Greed (he does have a soft spot when it comes to protecting children, and would likely die if necessary to save one most of the time)

For actual objects, others have already mentioned what I would have thought of.