WWYCD: My Good Enemy

OddHat

Giant Monsters Attack Mid Town, and Your Character is there!

During the fight, your character runs into a young, would be super hero with a costume similar to his or her own, and a power, gadget or skill set that seems similar to your character's signature abilities. The youngster also has a signature power, gadget or skill that reminds you of that of one of your enemies, an enemy of the opposite sex.

The youngster, after "helping" (he or she isn't that skilled, but sincerely tried) you fight off the monsters, tries to get a word with you. If you flee, he or she follows, and seems to know roughly where you're going.

The youngster claims to be your child, from a possible future.

The child's other parent is one of your enemies of the opposite sex.

The child claims that you and your enemy will soon save each-other's lives, that your enemy will reform (or, if you're a villain, that you will reform), and that the two of you will fall in love.

Genetic testing will reveal that the youngster does have your DNA, and a telepathic scan or similar shows that the youngster believes his or her story. Before you can investigate further, a group of men using the signature equipment of a high powered enemy organization (DEMON or Doctor Destroyer's minions in the CU) attack, capture the youngster, and flee.

The monsters have a strange, extra-temporal signature, if your character has access to technology or other methods to test for that kind of thing.

Adjusting for your campaign, was the youngster telling the truth? Which of your enemies is the supposed mother/father? Could your enemy turn? Could you love that person? Why did the enemy organization kidnap the youngster? What happens next?

What would your character do?

Re: WWYCD: My Good Enemy

Well, of my active (and semi-active) PCs, neither can become pregnant (or impregnate another), and in the case of Vixen mystical avatar powers don't clone, so ... it's obviously a trick. :)

Vixen would probably play along for a little bit, try to arrange some kind of meeting with the supposed father (which would have to be a few years down the line ... she hasn't been heroing long enough to make a real 'enemy' as of yet, and is only 16 at any rate) ... then drop an ambush and get the bad guy locked up. :)

Enforcer currently can't have children. But that doesn't mean it's always gonna be the case.

Fatherhood would almost scare the heck out of him. But he's a decent study on human nature. He'd be proud that he'd managed to reform Villainous X and a serious relationship would not be beyond him.

He'd do his best to protect/mentor his progeny.

If it was a ruse and the youngster an innocent dupe, he'd be keen on punishing those who'd do such a thing.

then see above.

If the child was in on it ( a shapeshifter or willing participant/clone etc...) he'd be hurt. It would probably move him towards the artificial nature of his origins as a form of emotional protection.

Adjusting for your campaign, was the youngster telling the truth? Which of your enemies is the supposed mother/father? Could your enemy turn? Could you love that person? Why did the enemy organization kidnap the youngster? What happens next?

For Black Cat that one was easy. One of the major recurring villians were a group of people led my a martial artist known for wielding Nunchucka who went by "Chuck". In their first encounter, he agreed to Cat's terms of a one on one (which was interefered with by one of his teammates, and he got upset).

In further encounters he showed honor and honesty, and at times seemed sad.

So Cat investigated - and it turned out Chuck was the leader because he owed a life-honor debt to one of the other members who used it to force him to be a villian.

So she set about creating a situations to allow him to consider that debt fulfilled. Afterwards, they had a relationship (and likely would have stayed together, but the campaign ended, and she went to another dimension).

So yeah, she would have been a ch'i wielding martial artist with nunchuka. Enemy orginization could have been the Red Banner/Demon.

She'd call Chuck and they would go rescue their future daughter.

Harold "Hal" Fleisner would be kind of worried. The Mach 5 power armour unit is a two person legalized US Government bounty hunter team, an operator which is himself, and his girlfriend, Allison T. Jennings.

And seeing as she can't have kids (Something that she doesn't realize he's guessed, which is why she won't marry him. Despite repeated attempts on his part.) this would worry him greatly. What happened to Allie?

He'd probably go and help the kid, as after all it's the right thing to do. Even if this one's off the books and with no compensation (The suit is EXPENSIVE to maintain. Hanger Queen she is, especially due to the transformation mechanism) but he'd be wondering the whole time.

There's also the fact that he has no personal 'villains'. He works to capture escaped supercriminals, not get cozy with them.

Adjusting for your campaign' date=' was the youngster telling the truth?[/quote']

Entirely plausible. I'm a big fan of Catwoman. :D

I have an analogue of the Phantom's opponent, Sala, in my CU. Apparently, Sala was written out of the Phantom because Lee Falk felt she was overshadowing Diana, the official romantic interest. Duh! :rolleyes:

Void: "Okay... either something really, really good is going to happen, or that kid's fucked up six ways from Sunday. Either way, I've got to rescue him... but I am *not* telling his mother!" As some of you may be aware from Void's ongoing saga, his only nemesis of the opposite sex would probably be his possessed mentalist ex-fiancee, who still loves him (sort of) and, black widow like, wants to have his baby and then murder him horribly.

So, either she got herself de-possessified in the future and they got back together, in the future she succeeds and sends the brainwashed kid back to torture him with the possibility of a happy ending... or he's not actually temporally displaced, she got herself artificially inseminated after the last time they met, and brainwashed the resulting kid who Teleios artificially aged to send off and torment him.

Either way, kid's gotta get rescued, so off they go!

Outsider: *curls up into a ball and whimpers half-way to Armageddon, which will probably happen much sooner now that DEMON has his at-least-quarter-Edomite kid!*

Sparky: "You mean the crazy lady's going to reform? Well... that's good, anyway - hey, you put that hybridized spawn of an obscene, nationally televized union down! Dammit, that's right, PETA doesn't speak dog!" And off he goes to get the rest of the team, including Outsider (who isn't nearly as disturbed now that the kid isn't *his* unholy, unnatural spawn) and go get the half-human pup back....

Sparky: "You mean the crazy lady's going to reform? Well... that's good, anyway - hey, you put that hybridized spawn of an obscene, nationally televized union down! Dammit, that's right, PETA doesn't speak dog!" And off he goes to get the rest of the team, including Outsider (who isn't nearly as disturbed now that the kid isn't *his* unholy, unnatural spawn) and go get the half-human pup back....

:nonp:

:eek:

:lol:

Wow. Repped.

Soulbarb: The only recurring character to whom this might apply is Camuranima himself, the demon that raped her during her power origin and that is the source of her powers, and she doesn't see him reforming. So either this is a trick, or it's REALLY REALLY BAD. Perhaps, after years of her foiling their plots, DEMON has finally figured out enough about her to contact Camuranima and arrange some sort of a deal with him. Either way, the likely target of the plot is Soulbarb herself. Camuranima would wish to tempt her into crossing certain lines to protect the life of her putative offspring, and subsequently arrange to have her killed so he can finally consume her soul, while DEMON would wish to get rid of a thorn in their side while simultaneously tapping into new source(s) of infernal power. Could get ugly...

Sylph is the Champion of Dionysius, and the only recurring foe to whom this would likely to apply would be the Champion of Ares -- though so far Ares seems more inclined to switch who he chooses as a Champion every time one is defeated, so likely the putative father is someone she doesn't even know. Her powers (and the father's) are gifts from their respective gods and not heritable... unless the gods in question *want* them to be inherited and choose to gift the child accordingly. And it's not entirely impossible that Ares's ego could be satisfied to the point where he stops being such a jerk about things as he has to date. So the scenario is possible. As far why someone would want to kidnap that child... well given that he's been given gifts from at least two Greek deities, doubtless DEMON or whoever will try to capture and perhaps sacrifice the child in an attempt to tap into that. Sylph would attempt to go after the child and rescue him or her.

Of course, adding the Champion of Ares to the list of people with whom Sylph is romantically involved will not make her personal life any less chaotic... ;)

Giant Monsters Attack Mid Town, and Your Character is there!

During the fight, your character runs into a young, would be super hero with a costume similar to his or her own, and a power, gadget or skill set that seems similar to your character's signature abilities. The youngster also has a signature power, gadget or skill that reminds you of that of one of your enemies, an enemy of the opposite sex.

The youngster, after "helping" (he or she isn't that skilled, but sincerely tried) you fight off the monsters, tries to get a word with you. If you flee, he or she follows, and seems to know roughly where you're going.

The youngster claims to be your child, from a possible future.

The child's other parent is one of your enemies of the opposite sex.

The child claims that you and your enemy will soon save each-other's lives, that your enemy will reform (or, if you're a villain, that you will reform), and that the two of you will fall in love.

Genetic testing will reveal that the youngster does have your DNA, and a telepathic scan or similar shows that the youngster believes his or her story. Before you can investigate further, a group of men using the signature equipment of a high powered enemy organization (DEMON or Doctor Destroyer's minions in the CU) attack, capture the youngster, and flee.

The monsters have a strange, extra-temporal signature, if your character has access to technology or other methods to test for that kind of thing.

Most of my characters are in happy relationships with ladies in white hats, so would be less than happy to hear someone claim they would abandon/lose their lady love and go bump spandex with some villainess instead. And as a player, I don't think I'd enjoy it.

And, to be truthful, I'm not sure any of my characters currently HAVE any female enemies active. Stereo hasn't met the Hellfire Club in game yet, so maybe him.

Volt - not likely to really be his, he's in his sixties. Could happen though, but he'd be sceptical; mainly because there is no female aversary he is even remotely close to, but you never know what can happen. He'd try to rescue the kid in any case, but be wary of a trap. He'd also investigate.

Olorin -Oh boy, is this a possibilty. The guy is unaging stopped at 33 biological age. There is no female adversary at this point, so I cant' say who it would be. Lady Blue could be a possibility if she reformed, a reformed Lady Blue would be his type. If Demon grabbed the kid and the kid had magical powers, Olorin would be after him so quick it'd make your head spin. Magic ability tends to run in families (but not always), so having his kid in the hands of DEMON, who hunts him anyway would be a bad thing. He'd be wary of a trap though. He'd probably tend to believe the kid, but lecture him on "the dangers of time travel; meeting me before I became your father is a big no-no". After that speech, he'd wonder because "I would have taught the kid better than that; and if it were necessary, he'd give me the info I needed and split. I wonder what's going on?"

Black Tiger - Black Tiger a father? Oh dear God! It's possible, but he'd probably only do that after he found out what happened in his memory gap. I have a feeling it's be an adversary from that period, and I have no idea who that would be. He'd be very suspicious, and go after the kid, expecting a trap. This would be a BIG twist for him.

Futurian "You come back in time to tell me this? Are you from my origin point or somewhere else in the time stream?" He'd be slightly suspicious, go after the kid and expect a trap. He also has no female adversary in his life right now, so I have no idea who it could be.

Plex: this kind of thing did happen between him and the Shadow Queen (from 4th edition) She ended up reforming and they got married and had children. The next thing would be to get the child back and into the proper time stream so that we don't end up with a paradox. Plex would definitely keep the information about the child's identity and all future knowledge to himself. He might even go as far as having the mentalist of the group wipe the memory from him so he wouldn't screw up the timeline.

Uncle Slam has several children scattered about the campaign, though only one is known. I think it wouldn't surprise him, and the prospect of converting Lady Seraph to good would be much more welcome to him than an affair with her. If it indeed happens, he'd play it by ear. But he'd remind the child to not give away the future because of its tendancy to alter the timeline.

Athem, should these events start in motion as explained, would avoid the villain. Sure, she'd try to guide him toward heroism, but she's not prepared to be a underage mother. Most of Anthem's arch-enemies are women, so I can only think of one appropriate man and that's Orb Weaver... but the extra limbs freak her out.

The Flying Kittens: Have a little quandary as their recurring enemies are all old enough to be their parents (and two of them are the Kittens' parents).

So, for the evidence to make sense, the new kid would have to be either a) a future sibling, B) the grandchild of one of the other villains, or c) the child of a villain the Kittens have yet to meet.

In any case, they'd be highly sceptical of his(her) story, but would go rescue the kid anyway.

Luna Moth: Has only two recurring headaches: the police (specifically the task force her father leads) and the local Demonhame. (The local heroes consider her as their grey/black market contact; due to the fact that she's training their youngest three how to fly, and that trio is the team's only aerial members.) While I can see her shacking up with a rookie cop, it is highly unlikely that she would give up her thieving ways until/unless the curse of the Medusa Tear has been lifted from her.

In this case, the obvious kidnappers will be DEMON, either as bait or because the kid brought a highly magical artifact back with him. And Luna Moth (with the local heroes as backup) would go after them.

Adjusting for your campaign' date=' was the youngster telling the truth?[/quote']

"Telling the truth" depends on the GM's whims; my character would have no control over an alternate self.

Juggernaut: If the youngster can take a bullet and burst into flames, then Juggernaut just might believe she's a future mom. If the youngster is wearing shades of brown and carrying a Nerf weapon, she'll go beat up Foxbat.

Duo: At 14, he'd really be freaked out about this, especially since he doesn't have any enemies yet.

Which of your enemies is the supposed mother/father? Could your enemy turn?

Juggernaut: Firewing most likey. Strangely enough, Foxbat comes in a close second, though.

Duo: N/A

Could you love that person?

Juggernaut: If he'd reformed? Quite possibly. Both men are passionate.

Duo: Lust? Yes.

Why did the enemy organization kidnap the youngster?
Really, this is GM's area, but for "possible reasons"...

Juggernaut: If it's an alternate Earth organization, then chances are the true parent is really Dreadnought, a super strong female who dresses skanky and is very sexually charged.

Duo: He's just a freshman in high school!

What happens next?

Juggernaut: Try to go after them. Even if the kid isn't hers, alien abduction is still illegal!

Duo: Therapy. Or if the youngster's mom is "hot," he has to go tell his friends.

See above.

Unless he's a young gnoll, Vitus would consider it highly unlikely. Altho if, by chance, the cub was telling the truth then Vitus would be pleased to see that magical talent runs in his descendants.

This is where it starts to fall apart - the only female Vitus considers an enemy, as opposed to irksome nuisance, is Scorpia of Eurostar. And considering that Vitus intends to break all her arms and legs and gut her slowly from ribcage to crotch as soon as he can find where she's hiding from him, spawning rugrats would appear to be out of the question. The bitch did emasculate and murder Vitus's adopted son in front of him, after all.

She won't get the oppurtunity to turn. Beg for her life, briefly, perhaps.

And damifino why anybody would kidnap his son, anyway. He'd be too busy throwing up at the thought of breeding with a human anyway. :idjit:

If, by some unbelievable contrivance, it WAS Scorpia - rescue the cub, find out as many details as possible about the contemporary movements and wherabouts of Scorpia, then track her down and kill her horribly. Sure, that would erase the existing son, but the dead one would be avenged and why would Vitus want some ghastly hybrid freak as an offspring anyway?

For Black Cat that one was easy. One of the major recurring villians were a group of people led my a martial artist known for wielding Nunchucka who went by "Chuck". In their first encounter, he agreed to Cat's terms of a one on one (which was interefered with by one of his teammates, and he got upset).

In further encounters he showed honor and honesty, and at times seemed sad.

So Cat investigated - and it turned out Chuck was the leader because he owed a life-honor debt to one of the other members who used it to force him to be a villian.

So she set about creating a situations to allow him to consider that debt fulfilled. Afterwards, they had a relationship (and likely would have stayed together, but the campaign ended, and she went to another dimension).

So yeah, she would have been a ch'i wielding martial artist with nunchuka. Enemy orginization could have been the Red Banner/Demon.

She'd call Chuck and they would go rescue their future daughter.

Nice story, but if I were still GMing her, it wouldn't be 'Chuk. It'd be Armstrong.

And in the case of Gibraltar, it'd be the evil Oraclese clone. :eg:

Hippolyte would be appalled....this child would claim to be the offspring of herself and Hercules, the man she hates more than any other (my GM went for a more Wonder Woman-style backstory for the amazons where Heracles raped Hippolyte, so he's not exactly her favourite person in the world).

She would refuse to believe that they could have had a kid together, and even when presented with DNA evidence will make the assumption that Hercules must have found some way to trick her or forced himself on her again.......she would take it as a matter of honor to find the truth though, and if the child is a girl, she would take the opportunity to train her in the ways of the Amazons.