What would be your take on She-Grond?

Hermit

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: What would be your take on She-Grond?

I've often wondered about the concept of sex with a super-strong woman . . . what happens to you if certain muscles' date=' not entirely under voluntary control, contract with 60 STR?[/quote']

Take a thawed hot dog.

Run over it with a car.

This will give you an approximation

if you're being "realistic". A strong but not superhuman woman can cause pain and even injury with the pelvic muscles. They are some of the strongest in a woman's body. But that could be a little too "realistic" for many games and there's really not a correct way to portray it since it can't actually happen.

Take a thawed hot dog.

Run over it with a car.

This will give you an approximation

if you're being "realistic". A strong but not superhuman woman can cause pain and even injury with the pelvic muscles. They are some of the strongest in a woman's body. But that could be a little too "realistic" for many games and there's really not a correct way to portray it since it can't actually happen.

Here's a slightly less realistic version of what would happen minus the broken girl bits of course.

While Telios would allow for an acceptable origin, a She-Grond feels like a better fit with the Overbrain (yeah, the Brain Trust is a bit of a freak show and I've got a vested interest in not dealing with Telios in the game... ;)). We know he likes playing with genetic modification and chemicals (see the origins of Ape-Plus, Mr Zombie and Lynx) and that he's nowhere near as careful and well hidden as Telios. Emily is a former coastie, which is primarily a law enforcement organization during peace time (in addition to their rescue function), so her ending up in as an unwilling test subject after getting too close during the investigation of a chemical spill or smuggling operation isn't an unreasonable stretch...

If you wanted to give her a reason to hate Interface, use Argent as her origin. They're responsible for Ogre iirc, why not an attempt to use genetic material from Grond to create superstrong metas (or even an attempt to recreate Grond's origin under more controlled circumstances)?

IMHO and no offense intended, linking the origin of She-Grond to the original Grond is both a little limiting and a little cliche. How about a character with no known connection to Grond other than super-strength and resembling him? This allows you to give the character almost any background you like.

For example, the myths and legends of India are full of multi-armed gods, supernatural reptilians, and creatures who combine the features of humans and animals in various ways. Perhaps some of those legends could have been inspired by mutant strains within the gene pool that emerge from time to time. I'm visualizing a woman of Indian descent whose latent mutations suddenly emerge, causing her to become superhumanly strong, grow in stature, sprout a couple of extra arms, and perhaps develop green skin color and/or other reptillian traits. After her first public appearance the press dubs her "She-Grond," and the name sticks whether she likes it or not.

This is my thought line as well. Unless you go the comic trope of "female = hottie, male = ugly," then She-Grond would need either fan/gill ears and/or horns on her head (depending if she's 4E or 5E).

I would go for a case of "mistaken identity" so-to-speak. Fourth Edition Watchers of the Dragon had Maya who was Indian and came from a long line of family members with the four arm mutation. She could easily be mislabeled by the US press.

Another route might be to take a Catavalan (Terran Empire - 4-armed aliens) and give it memory loss or even a "merger" with a human to create a new person. Finally, if you can live without sexy-hotness in your female Grond, a cross between a Catavalan and Ackalian with super powers could fit in nicely. Then there's the whole mutation, experiment, etc. history angle of just why this was done, which could be filled in later.

Just my thoughts. YMMV.

For example' date=' the myths and legends of India are full of multi-armed gods, supernatural reptilians, and creatures who combine the features of humans and animals in various ways. Perhaps some of those legends could have been inspired by mutant strains within the gene pool that emerge from time to time. I'm visualizing a woman of Indian descent whose latent mutations suddenly emerge, causing her to become superhumanly strong, grow in stature, sprout a couple of extra arms, and perhaps develop green skin color and/or other reptillian traits. After her first public appearance the press dubs her "She-Grond," and the name sticks whether she likes it or not.[/quote']

I like this. It reminds me of the Mokole/Makara from the original Werewolf: the Apocalypse.

Or maybe "She-Grond" could be a mutant female Lemurian?

While it might be more cliched, I still kind of like the idea of tying her into Grond's origin. Of course, one must remember that there's a person underneath all that Grond (or there used to be, anyways). Maybe there's somebody who cares about said person? If not an old girlfriend of Sydney's, somebody who feels it's better to try and cure the big lug than to keep hauling him back in to Stronghold.

Of course, somebody trying to get hold of her serum ends up causing an accident, and she gets a dose... only to find that its effect on a normal person is rather more pronounced than she'd hoped for....

While it might be more cliched, I still kind of like the idea of tying her into Grond's origin. Of course, one must remember that there's a person underneath all that Grond (or there used to be, anyways). Maybe there's somebody who cares about said person? If not an old girlfriend of Sydney's, somebody who feels it's better to try and cure the big lug than to keep hauling him back in to Stronghold.

Of course, somebody trying to get hold of her serum ends up causing an accident, and she gets a dose... only to find that its effect on a normal person is rather more pronounced than she'd hoped for....

I have a Sandra Ferguson in my online campaign that could fill this role nicely.

I keed, I keed! :D

Sandra is jkwleisemann's PC's wife.

While it might be more cliched' date=' I still kind of like the idea of tying her into Grond's origin. Of course, one must remember that there's a person underneath all that Grond (or there used to be, anyways). [/quote']

OT, but I always thought that even if you could bring Sydney Potter's (Grond's original identity) personality back, that wouldn't make Grond a nice guy. He was always a violent felon in my take on it - his transformation just gave him the power to act on it. (Sorry, even though I know it's a genre staple, I get tired of the endless series of "good guy gets powers and turns evil".)

OT' date=' but I always thought that even if you could bring Sydney Potter's (Grond's original identity) personality back, that wouldn't make Grond a nice guy. He was always a violent felon in my take on it - his transformation just gave him the power to act on it. (Sorry, even though I know it's a genre staple, I get tired of the endless series of "good guy gets powers and turns evil".)[/quote']

Absolutely agreed. Villains, Vandal and Vermin, a book I liked otherwise, kind of beat that one to death.

You could always use Gremlin, from Classic Enemies. She doesn't have the four arms, and has wings, but does the vaguely reptilian and green thing.

The original version of her, who appeared in a Space Gamer article in the 80s, was connected with Gargoyle. I've long thought Gargoyle and Grond were natural opponents. So much so that I wonder if Grond wasn't originally designed for that purpose...

Nah. I was just hoping someone would walk up to Grond and say' date=' "Any truth to the rumor that you're a woman?"[/quote']

I'd be less afraid that he might squish the questioner than I would be that he might prove the issue, one way or the other... graphically. :sick:

Absolutely agreed. Villains' date=' Vandal and Vermin, a book I liked otherwise, kind of beat that one to death.[/quote']

That's the book that finally did it for me.

I'd be less afraid that he might squish the questioner than I would be that he might prove the issue' date=' one way or the other... graphically. :sick:[/quote']

Only if Millar was writing him.

My take on She-Grond: A classic supervillain origin story, involving Australia's famed dangerous animals

Pammy was a surf lifesaver patrolling the Queensland Gold Coast. One late Sunday she spotted Rhonda far in the water with their arm straight up, indicating "I'm in trouble, help".

So Pammy indicated to her colleagues of the distressed swimmer and Kathy & Fred sprinted into action, they jumped in the dingy, Kathy revved the motor and sped towards the distressed swimmer, a got 100 metres from shore.

Just as Kathy & Fred were reaching Rhonda a jellyfish attacked her and Rhonda let off an almighty painful scream. When the dingy reached Rhonda, Kathy quickly pulled Rhonda on the boat and rolled Rhonda on her side as a preventative technique*. Fred spun the boat around radioing to about the jellyfish attack and get some vinegar ready.

As unluck would have it, some stupid nicked the vinegar, but with luck, a QU professor happened to have a vial of blood from a superhuman (Grond). The professor relayed to the beached surf lifesaver his discovery and said that it might help, and time was against them. He quickly got a syringe full of the blood in readiness for when Rhonda was brought ashore.

Well, luckily the blood transfusion didn't kill her, and she didn't die from the jellyfish attack...but there was a nasty side-effect...

* I'm guessing don't try this at home please. Also, according to Songfact.com Rhonda was an Australian that Mike Love of the Beach Boys fell for during a 60's tour. So to me Ghronda had to be an Aussie surfer chick

Help Me Ghronda*

Well since she stunned me down I've been seeing birdies round my head

I go on a rampage o'love but I'm feeling a mightly depressed

Well, Ghronda you look like mine (look like mine)

And I thought it would be a matter of time

For you to help me Ghronda

Help me get her out of my heart

Help me Ghronda

Help, help me Ghronda

Help me Ghronda

Help, help me Ghronda

Help me Ghronda

Help, help me Ghronda

Help me Ghronda

Help, help me Ghronda

Help me Ghronda

Help, help me Ghronda

Help me Ghronda

Help, help me Ghronda

Help me Ghronda yeah

Get her out of my heart

She was gonna be my Ghronda

And I was gonna be her Grond (Oh Ghronda)

But she let Mechanon come between us

And it shattered our bond (Oh Ghronda)

Well, Ghronda you passed me on by (passed me on by)

And my tears flooded the Mull of Kintyre (nod to Paul)

You gotta help me Ghronda

Help me get her out of my heart

repeat chorus

repeat to fade

*dedicated to QM, who did it first.