Soviet Superheroes

Clonus

I have three characters, Russians from 1939.

I have a ballerina with the power to control her own mass, a guy with a "psychotronic helmet" that amplifies his own relatively modest mentalist abilities, and a half-human half ape hybrid. I"m trying to figure out who their fourth member should be.

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Soviet Superheroes

Could go for the martial artist/patriot cossack or one might recommend a wrestler who trained with bears and although is heavily scared from it is one of the most devastating world warriors. Err, wait sorry, I slipped back to 1991 for a minute. Each how about that cossack thing?

I have a ballerina with the power to control her own mass, a guy with a "psychotronic helmet" that amplifies his own relatively modest mentalist abilities, and a half-human half ape hybrid. I"m trying to figure out who their fourth member should be.

Is there magic in your campaign world? You could go for a folk witch, or maybe someone who stole or inherited magical items (you can look to Baba Yaga for inspiration)

How about a Russian "Bear" (metamorph)?

Here a few ideas for Golden Age Soviet Style characters.

Traktor-A Colussus clone

Iron Hedgehog-Primitive Powered Armor. The head of the NKVD (Russian Secret Police) was known as the Iron Hedgehog.

Rodina-A growth brick.

Borzoi-a wolfhound Metamorph

How about a Russian "Bear" (metamorph)?

If you want to go for a more mythic feel you can always try The Gray Wolf, normally a gigantic wolf but capable of transforming into almost anything imaginable. He seems to almost be a god-figure in Russian folklore, and could always grant his powers to someone.

maybe the 4th should be der Kommissar' date=' a taskmaster who summons and controls hordes of identical, slavishly loyal minions. Some of them even get weapons. The rest wait for the ones with weapons to get killed and pick up the dropped weapons.[/quote']

And why should a Soviet super have a German name?:eek:

And why should a Soviet super have a German name?:eek:

He was the East German representative on the team. ;)

Personally, although I spotted the German name, I was more impressed by the cheesiness of the basic concept.

He'd be a perfect arch-enemy for Big Mac, America's Greatest Hero.

How about a mystic whose powers are tied to Mother Russia. Most of his abilities would be based on controlling the environment, after all no army has successfully invaded Russia. He could be why.

He could be a student of the Mad monk, Rasputin who did not see his path following that of his teacher.

or

A scientist who developed powers after assisting Dr. Tesla with some of his experiments.

What ATs would you say these guys generally fall into (brick, gadgeteer, martial artist, energy projector, mentalist)?

a ballerina with the power to control her own mass - martial artist? brick?

a guy with a "psychotronic helmet" that amplifies his own relatively modest mentalist abilities - sounds like a mentalist but could be an energy projector or gadgeteer

a half-human half ape hybrid - martial artist? brick?

[edit]

My pre-coffee stupor has given me idea for a teleporting brick named Checkmate or Stalemate. He would have a few quirky teleporatation tricks such as "Castling" (a Teleport linked to a UAA Teleport used to switch places with a target, tons of strategy potential here) and "En Passant" (an NND attack linked to Teleporation to create a sort of Teleportation based Move By or Move Through).

after all no army has successfully invaded Russia.

Not true, of course. Germany successfully invaded Russia in WW1, forcing the Russians to sue for peace.

This was probably the immediate example influencing the WW2 invasion. After all, it was only 20-25 years before.

What ATs would you say these guys generally fall into (brick, gadgeteer, martial artist, energy projector, mentalist)?

a ballerina with the power to control her own mass - martial artist? brick?

Swan is a martial artist who can turn insubstantial and boost her jumping and kicking power.

a guy with a "psychotronic helmet" that amplifies his own relatively modest mentalist abilities - sounds like a menatlist but could be an energy projector or gadgeteer

Yes, he's a focus-based mentalist.

a half-human half ape hybrid - martial artist? brick?

He's sort of all over the place. His strength, agility, hand-to-hand combat ability are all quite high, and he uses silly big guns (custom-made).