Foods for those that just don't care anymore

nexus

I'm diabetic, and you want me to watch a video about pasta??????????????????????????

HOW COULD YOU???  That's cruel and inhuman punishment!
(The one thing I miss MOST...is good pasta.  The carb load is just too high, tho, and something like a pound of thin spaghetti has multiple batches...so it's not just one time, like, say, grabbing a pizza.)

On 5/19/2023 at 12:58 AM, unclevlad said:

You're not secretly Death Tribble, are you?

No-one is secretly me. Besides I was absent on Saturday not Friday.

On 5/19/2023 at 3:16 AM, Rails said:

No, I am distinctly not Death Tribble.  I mostly just lurk instead of posting.

I can confirm that Rails exists and posts occasionally. i have seen his posts up up here and there.

I almost had a dough explosion yesterday.

It started when I added too much water. But, I knew how much water I'd added, and what the hydration percentage of the dough should be. So, I added more flour (and salt, and olive oil) to the mix, and let it ferment in the dough bucket (6 qt Cambro) for a while and then stuck it in the fridge (like I normally do).

I checked on it a couple of hours later, and it was literally bulging from CO2 buildup. There was a loud pop when I released the pressure. I'm glad I'd thought to check up on it, or there would have been a loud bang at 3 AM and I would have had to clean dough out of the refrigerator.

I wasn't that big on S'Mores as a kid.  Just plain sweet, rarely did it for me.  (OK...Butterfingers.  MAJOR vice as a kid.)  Adding that much fat doesn't help...not there.  Fat's helpful for some things...my Adult Hot Chocolate is nowhere near right without it, the texture's totally off.  But here, I'd expect the oil soaking into the bread crumbs will just make it heavy.