Villainess Romance Appeal?

SimComm

Re: Villainess Romance Appeal?

Maybe it may be a cultural difference, but I am very hard pressed to call a group of people "evil" and "unredeemable" even if they are called "demons."

That depends on if they actually are a 'people', or are simply self-motivating physical manifestations of pure elemental evil.

That is why it comes down to a campaign decision as to the nature of 'Demons'.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Dear All,

Thank you for the replies and suggestions!

They really did pay off!

Last night we had a pretty-good (maybe great?) game that involved Infernis and Multi-Girl as the two "represenative" antagonists of two organizations (one "rebel" demons that wanted souls and didn't see why they had to obey the "standard" rules about not informing humanity, and the other as a secret government group that were informed by the demons about magic and given magical devices to help them do their badness.)

Everything worked out well, and culminated in Harry's realization that sometimes not making a decision (committing) is a decision itself.

The team did well though, and ended up sending the demons back and also thwarting the evil operatives (who had been driven crazy by the power :) ).

But, in the end, Harry did have to "make a choice" and surprisingly... he chose Infernis!

I was surprised, and so was the demoness, but he explained that Infernis was the one who had gone against her masters by helping the PCs, and she had perhaps understood what good was (something no other demon had done yet). He then did something that was rather heartwarming, and he gave Infernis a piece of his soul... in exchange for a piece of hers! The two sort of became close at that point, and yes, "bedroom" activities occurred. Kate and Multi-Girl were disappointed, but I suppose it was just one of those things...

I will try to answer more questions and make more posts, but I apologize as I may have to take a hiatus for family reasons...

Thank you all again,

-SC

Sorry to post so much in a row, I am just not sure if I will be able to post tomorrow :)

The game actually was quite fun, as it had multiple twists :)

The first "twist" was having Multi-Girl and Infernis working together (as agents of bigger bad guys) to kidnap Kate (publicly). The Sgt and his Justice Brigade try to find her but are not able to (magic dimension portal). Harry and his team though, manage to find the magic castle (actually a real castle! Demons have a sense of drama :) ), but they need help.

So the Sgt calls up his commanding officer Major Victory and the entire Justice Brigade (dozens of super-heroes) show up and assault the castle. The PCs sneak in with the Sgt (who follows them) and finds Kate, Infernis and Multi-Girl.

The second twist is when Infernis snaps her fingers and closes the dimension off from the main dimension (except for the room that they are in, which happens to exist in the main dimension :) ), effectively sealing off her masters and the Justice Battalion!

Infernis reveals that she actually was in league with her masters, but decided to be naughty and take over their position! (She's actually bad!) Everyone is upset, but Infernis says that she is the only one who can reopen the dimension portal, and she has no interest to do so. She then is about to leave, when Kate offers her own soul to Infernis, who accepts, and is about to take Kate's soul, when Kate reveals that is not Kate, but in fact one of Multi-Girl's duplicates! (The PCs switched Kate when Multi-Girl warned them, which should I suppose be Twist #3). Infernis, outraged that she entered into an "empty" agreement is about to fight the PCs (using her master's stolen power, which makes her very powerful), but Harry interrupts things by offering to trade part of his soul... for part of hers! (Twist #4?? I'm losing count...)

Infernis is a bit confused (nobody has ever asked such a thing...) and agrees, they start the trade, and that is when Red (Harry's lady mage) detonates the "soul bomb" that they attached to Harry earlier on. With her defenses down, Infernis is knocked out.

When she wakes up, Infernis is, of course mad, but Harry explains that he has been doing all of this for Infernis's "own good," and explains that the fact that she has tried to do good is more than he has seen any other demon do. The two share some very heart-warming talk, in which Infernis agrees that Harry is more than "a normal pet" and Harry breaks the seal. She zaps him with a magic bolt... onto the bed. ("bedroom activities here") The two trade a bit soul at the end, so they can find each other any time, no matter what.

Meanwhile, Kate and the Sgt are given a "mundane" version of the events by Red and Dreamy, and told that it was best "not to question" the unusual parts. The Sgt seems satisfied he can at least write up something in his report, and even though he is very suspicious, he is happy enough that Kate is OK that he will let things slide... this time.

In the end, Harry and the Sgt share a grudging acceptance of the two, and Kate realizes that (sadly enough), Harry will not be a part of her life... (poor Kate!)

I hope this made sense, it was a big, fun adventure that tied up many loose ends, and a very big hurray! that will hopefully tide us over... until next time...

Thank you for reading :) Your suggestions helped a lot!

-SC

You might be able to give Harry something to think about by introducing Tenderheart into your campaign.

Tenderheart is a villain from the 4th Edition Dark Champions supplement "Underworld Enemies".

Tenderheart is a female vigilante/villainess that is obsessed with the idea of falling in love with a Superhero, and having their love triumph against all odds.

There is a problem, however . . .

Tenderheart is actually a very disturbed man that pretends to be a woman, both in his civilian and super identities.

You could introduce Tenderheart into the campaign and have her flirt with Harry.

He would, based on what you have said, probably act like a fool, letting her get away with anything, perhaps even turning on his previous friends in an attempt to impress her.

Then . . .

when Harry learns the secret behind Tenderheart, he will feel not only stupid, but possibly a little nauseated, realizing that he had been flirting and carrying on, trying to impress a rather pathetic, creepy, man.

(see the full details in Underworld Enemies)

I think this could cure Harry of his problem with letting a Villainess get away with things she really shouldn't.

KA.

You might be able to give Harry something to think about by introducing Tenderheart into your campaign.

Tenderheart is a villain from the 4th Edition Dark Champions supplement "Underworld Enemies".

Tenderheart is a female vigilante/villainess that is obsessed with the idea of falling in love with a Superhero, and having their love triumph against all odds.

Tenderheart is actually a very disturbed man that pretends to be a woman, both in his civilian and super identities.

You could introduce Tenderheart into the campaign and have her flirt with Harry.

He would, based on what you have said, probably act like a fool, letting her get away with anything, perhaps even turning on his previous friends in an attempt to impress her.

Then . . .

when Harry learns the secret behind Tenderheart, he will feel not only stupid, but possibly a little nauseated, realizing that he had been flirting and carrying on, trying to impress a rather pathetic, creepy, man.

I think this could cure Harry of his problem with letting a Villainess get away with things she really shouldn't.

KA.

Hmmm. "Cure" Harry, or make him go psycho?

My 'Evil GM' side says go for it, my nicer side suggests that this is raising the Nastiness Quotient by a lot. Players can be more than a little upset by especially dirty tricks, after all, so be certain the Player can "take a joke" of this degree.

Alternatively, in a similar vein but slightly milder, give Harry a stalker. Begin low-key - he discovers that he suddenly has a fan club, which has been set up by this gorgeous articulate young woman. Things seem great, all this adulation is very flattering after all. Then, it starts getting a little creepy, and gradually even more so - they start poking around in his private life, and so forth. Before long. Harry's "fan club" may in fact qualify as a 'Hunted' of some kind.

Wow Sim, the way that played out was fantastic. Harry got his bad girl, his bad girl get's the realization that she's been doing good.. and Harry doesn't get his body parts ripped off by Sgt Superior.

Sounds like it was a blast to play.

Then . . .

KA.

So much allegory; so little time! :thumbup:

Ummm...so Tenderheart's a gay, transvestite vigilante? What's to 'cure'? All that I can see a problem with is maybe 'vigilante', if its a golden age/silver age game. If Harry realises this, then he can simply let Tenderheart down gently, so as not to hurt hir feelings.

Of course, if he doesn't realise that Tenderheart is a man, I would reccomend letting hir down gently anyway, so as not to be eviscerated by Harry's demonic girlfriend.

I don't think that he is gay or even a true transvestite as much as he believes he is a woman. That is a problem. Either he is a transgender/transsexual (or whatever the current term for it is) with a woman’s brain in a man’s body or he has a mental issue. If he is a woman in a man’s body he needs to accept the fact that he is physically a man (whether that means surgery, or chasing gay superheroes, or whatever). If it’s a mental problem (read as “really strange delusion”) than you can’t blow it off as a lifestyle choice, it’s a freaking mental delusion which may be a warning sign of even deeper, more serious, mental problems.

I don't think anyone is saying that being gay or a transvestite is something that needs to be "cured". However the case of Tenderheart, at least how it has been summarised above, is not that simple.

I don't think that he is gay or even a true transvestite as much as he believes he is a woman. That is a problem. Either he is a transgender/transsexual (or whatever the current term for it is) with a woman’s brain in a man’s body or he has a mental issue. If he is a woman in a man’s body he needs to accept the fact that he is physically a man (whether that means surgery' date=' or chasing gay superheroes, or whatever). If it’s a mental problem (read as “really strange delusion”) than you can’t blow it off as a lifestyle choice, it’s a freaking mental delusion which may be a warning sign of even deeper, more serious, mental problems.[/quote']

Well, if it's a superhero game, he could actually be a woman whose brain (or soul, etc) was transferred to a male body. The whole, "flirting with superheroes" bit could be because they're most likely to have access to phlebetonium that could reverse the change.

Well' date=' if it's a superhero game, he could actually be a woman whose brain (or soul, etc) was transferred to a male body. The whole, "flirting with superheroes" bit could be because they're most likely to have access to phlebetonium that could reverse the change.

Fair enough, it just seemed like the person who described the character was being scolded for implying something that wasn’t being implied. Nice use of phlebetonium by the way, don’t see that stuff nearly enough considering this is a superhero thread.

If Infernis is not Human, but had a soul to share, then obviously souls are not unique to Humans.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thinks Humphrey's answer to the Manticore was the single best thing Piers Anthony ever wrote in any book.

I am actually amazed that with all of Batman's enemies he has had so many girlfriends! I did a search, and he actually has more girlfriends than Super-man! (Though Batman is not married...)

-SC

Bruce Wayne, Billionaire Playboy.

it's right there in the title.

If Multi-girl has mixed feelings about her rejection, it might be interesting for her to split, good-Kirk and evil-Kirk style, with one version remaining cool about Harry's choice and leaning towards reforming outright (and possibly getting involved with another PC or NPC ally) while the other one, scorned and enraged, becomes a more malevolent villain. The additional twist is that each duplicate can still make 8 duplicates that share their respective motivations (an unexpected variation on stepping her up to 16 duplicates).

If Multi-girl has mixed feelings about her rejection' date=' it might be interesting for her to split, good-Kirk and evil-Kirk style, with one version remaining cool about Harry's choice and leaning towards reforming outright (and possibly getting involved with another PC or NPC ally) while the other one, scorned and enraged, becomes a more malevolent villain. The additional twist is that each duplicate can still make 8 duplicates that share their respective motivations (an unexpected variation on stepping her up to 16 duplicates).[/quote']

This is a really cool idea. Repped.

Another idea is to have each of her normal 8 duplicates express a different level of feeling for Harry (one is still enamored of him, another is mad at him, a third is flirting with Sgt. Superior to get Harry jealous, etc.). Really show how mixed up she's feeling over how things played out.

Another idea is to have each of her normal 8 duplicates express a different level of feeling for Harry (one is still enamored of him' date=' another is mad at him, a third is flirting with Sgt. Superior to get Harry jealous, etc.). Really show how mixed up she's feeling over how things played out.[/quote']Sounds like an Eagles song to me.

Well, I'm running down the road

tryin' to loosen my load

I've got seven women on my mind,

Four that wanna own me,

Two that wanna stone me,

One says she's a friend of mine,