Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

Blue

Re: Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

In the same twisted Champions game that produced 'The Weed', there was another guy who built a Character with lots of PD (most of which was limited to the Character's head), high movement, various levels in Move Through maneuvers, and a room temperature IQ.

The Character's name says it all: 'Captain Headbutt'.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the same twisted Champions game that produced 'The Weed', there was another guy who built a Character with lots of PD (most of which was limited to the Character's head), high movement, various levels in Move Through maneuvers, and a room temperature IQ.

The Character's name says it all: 'Captain Headbutt'.

Which I'm sure became Captain Butthead in time. :)

Two of my worst offenders were:

Hard Knocks: A low level brick with energy blast and boxing moves.

King Crab: A mutated crab (think ninja turtles) who was a brick.

But to be fair the GM made fun of anybodies character.

Thing only thing I hate more than designing a name is giving them a solioquiy!

Which I'm sure became Captain Butthead in time. :)

Nope. At that time (years 'n' years ago), the term 'Butthead' was very much an obnoxious Americanism to us Aussies, used only in TV / movies and somewhat lacking against our own vernacular. For us, "Butt" was an end-product of smoking a cigarette, not a portion of anatomy.

Besides, headbutting was his mojo, his signature move, his automatic response to just about everything. And he was durn good at it. No way we'd mess with that.

To paraphrase Blackadder: "Headbutt by name, Headbutt by nature...".

Or, to go all philospohical, "...I headbutt, therefore I am..." :D

I gamed with a guy who made a character based on the Thing from the FF, only purple, with a horn on his head. Little did I know that his plan was to put a vinyl record on the tip of the horn, spin it, and call himself Rappin Rhino. The guy who made the character was a great guy, but one of those people who for some reason just cant take a supers game seriously.

Another time a player in one of my supers games made a gold-colored knock-off of the Silver Surfer, and decided the "perfect" name for him would be.... "Groon". That guy was kind of a jerk, and eventually another player whose character had teleportation powers 'ported him up out of the stratosphere to get rid of him.

Groon could survive in space.

The teleporter neither knew nor cared by the time she did that.

Okay... Its not a hero name, but it left us laughing for a half hour last night...

In Epic City there is a super-agent named ASP that just decided to leave behind his lethal background (leaning toward a Batman ideal). He converted all of his weapons and added a few, including a swingline. When he brought out the swingline for use for the first time (last night) it was immediately dubbed:

THE ASP GRAPPLER!!!

:rofl:

One of the NPC heroes we fought alongside in my last table top game was named The Tongue who's entire body mass was made up of a muscle with the density and strength of a giant tongue. He wasn't the most attractive character (his pores constantly excreting saliva) and we were forced to restrain the rather sophomoric jokes when we found out he was gay.

This was from the same GM who brought us Bovine Fury the all bovine villain group led by Veal Genius.

Somebody's been watching The Tick. Animated version.

In a very old VnV game, we had an invulnerable flyer, called 'Ramjet'...

In a old Champions game (that never made it past chargen) there was 'Rhi-Nose' - the character had a stretchy nose that he would pull up over his head as a disguise. His power was 360 smelling/scent... And he could still somehow sneeze (even with his nose inside out over his head) and cover targets with snot...

In a current Necessary Evil game, we had a Vampire called 'Smudge' - whose manner of death was to be washed down the drain by a water elemental (and thus dying in the game is now referred to as being 'smudged' or 'smudged out'...

I wonder if I can find the all-monkey supervillian team I threw at my players last campaign. Sadly I'm having trouble remembering their names. But I made them really just because I came across the coolest set of monkey super minis.

I wonder if I can find the all-monkey supervillian team I threw at my players last campaign. Sadly I'm having trouble remembering their names. But I made them really just because I came across the coolest set of monkey super minis.

Cool! Do you have pics?

Well, there was my first HERO system character ever, in a comical welcome-to-the-greatest-game-system campaign... Acid Boy. Had done too much LSD and gained super powers, mostly his hallucinations were real (and not always under his control), so he could create things by imagining them. Then he had the ability to make others hallucinate as well. He could Fly, so long as he believed he could (required an EGO roll per phase.) He was also indestructible so long as he believed it (Force Field with EGO Roll Activation.)

We also had "The Scotch Tape Avenger" who had incredible Telekinetic Powers... that only affected Scotch Magic Brand Tape. Swinging, Shields, Entangles, and a vicious EB that ripped all your hair out. Then "Laundry Man" who had the powers of clean laundry... could go invisible with a stain stick, flash attacks from his bright whites, soap bubble force field...

It was a blast.

Other bad Champs names: "Mr. Somebody" that a friend played. Basically a Rorschach clone, he had a mask which constantly changed so nobody could tell who he was, lots of disguise and stealth abilities, and a cane that did all sorts of crazy stuff. Kind of cool character, just kind of dumb name, if you ask me.

I am finally reminded of my first Hero character: Fist-man. Not a terrible name but pretty unimaginative.

The Jeff Dee set of Cardboard Heroes from SJG had "Miss Fist" (or was Ms Fist? Mrs. Fist?)

The Jeff Dee set of Cardboard Heroes from SJG had "Miss Fist" (or was Ms Fist? Mrs. Fist?)

I never saw that, but now I wonder if it could have been a shout-out to his work on Villains & Vigilantes. Where one of the villains starring in the scenario included in the box (Crisis at Crusader Citadel) was a power-armor user going by by the acronym/name F.I.S.T., if memory serves...I think it may have stood for 'Flying Infantry Shock Trooper', after the project he stole the suit from, but don't quote me on this. It's been years since I even remember seeing the book last, though I'm sure I still have it somewhere.

That said...'Fist-man'? Ouch. Is it just me, or does that name evoke unfortunate associations for anybody else? :nonp:

The terrible thing is' date=' I remember her. Red leather, spikes, and a build that put her in the 'butch silicone' bracket, I think...[/quote']

You must be thinking of someone else.