Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

Blue

Re: Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

I only heard about this one -- "Rectifier."

And then there was the guy who was brutally honest about his name -- "I... don't have a name yet."

Finally, we had a guy in a sweatsuit and ski mask with electrical powers -- the Unishocker.

I once created an anthropomorphic horse with a horn that had explosive powers.

Yes, the Unibomber. I never did anything with her, though.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hands down, in my old 4e BBB campaing, would be: Captain Ego. Who had, Magnetic Powers, and Dressed, like a cross between Fat Vegas Elvis,, Captain Ultra from Marvel Comics, and King Leonidas from Sparta. This was back in the day after all when you were supposed to draw your character first before you made them, heh.....

Lot of plays on Captain Ego......pronounce the last three letters as you would think. If the player had a thick, Alabama accent.

~Rex

A player in my campaign played a somewhat eccentric teleporting mentalist named Vanyar, and wanted her character to have a smart animal sidekick to share a Mind Link with... which eventually turned out as an alien bat-like creature she picked up and took with her back home after the team's brief sojourn into another dimension.

She named this little guy "Batty Bat". :P

The guy who introduced me to D&D in junior high school had an NPC kobold in the game called Stop n' Maybe. He wasn't dangerous, but he always hung out around the local tavern (adventure start point) and tried to sell you fish. You couldn't really ignore him. He would get underfoot, yell, wheedle, and beg, saying "Stop" over and over until you did. He would then look up at you with those pitiful little humanoid eyes and say "Maybe" pleadingly. He would be holding up this fish as he did it.

The joke was that it was always the same fish until someone bought it, or it went so bad it fell apart. If you bought the damn thing just to get rid of him, he would stalk you twice as hard the next time.

At a convention bring-your-own-character game, someone came up with Captain Not-in-the-Face!

In my convention, there were bad jokes galore about our martial artist Wang.

Also Sprick, the speedster brick NPC. He was a bit of a bully and a jerk, and often, the "S" was silent.

My Hollywood Knights superhero game has the tagline "Bright Lights. Big City. Bad Puns."

A lot of names were stolen from the 3000 names project elwhere on the forums.

Here are some of my favorite worst villain names:

Alter Ego, the mentalist who multiforms into Alter ID and Alter Superego.

Bad News, the speedster with emotion sfx.

Beauty and the Beast; flipped the stereotype and made Beast the mentalist and Beauty the brick.

Bee Negative, the blood wasp. Replacement for Oh! Positive! because she's at home in bed.

Bipolar, the magnetic sfx mentalist.

Black Jack, the Batman-esque rabbit.

Blowhard, the invulnerable, but not superstrong air sfx blaster.

BRAIN, robotic egoist with brick follower PINKIE.

Cat 'o Nine Flails, just like it says, anthrocat with nine flails.

Cutting Edge with the high tech 4d6K AP axe.

Dain Bramage, the vibration sfx mentalist.

Deus Ex Machine Gun, who sold his soul for magical weapons.

Fine Red Mist, the desolid cloud of blood.

Gorilla Warfare, the ape with a grenade launcher.

Grindstone, brick with a STR/Armor transfer damage shield.

Haberdasher, T-1000 with the Joker's insanity.

Hadron, the particle sfx speedster.

The Invincible Brick, with invisibility and teleport, obvious taunt with slight changes to his name.

Khan Crete, the stone sfx mentalist.

Little Red Riding Wolf, female werewolf with a cape.

Minion, the duplicating metal brick.

Muscles Sprout, the shrinking brick.

Ol' Sparky, electric blaster, gained superpowers by surviving his execution.

One Eyed Jack, homage to X-Men's Cyclops.

Oxford, the highly intelligent minotaur brick.

Plutonium Blonde, the radioactive brick.

PSI, the air sfx blaster - Pounds per Square Inch.

Ragna Rock, the giant stone brick.

Sick Puppy, the masochistic mentalist with absorption and mind control "hurt me".

Static Fling, the electrical demibrick with double knockback damage shield.

Tae Kwon Doe, animal martial artist stolen from the DC Animated pictures thread.

Tankerbell, the ballerina brick with a cybernetic arm, stolen from Ctrl+Alt+Del.

War Glock, the magical gun blaster.

And several dozen other whose names are apt descriptions of their powers/sfx/tactics.

Here are the worst hero names in my game. Most of these guys are second stringers or losers. But they TRY to get onto PC superteams.

Laundromaxx: That's right, he has powered armor that looks like the torso of a washing machine.

Foghead: Large clouds of obscuring smoke pour out of his ears.

Exodus: Controls the powers of the 10 plagues of Egypt. Unfortunately, he's really religious and really enthusiastic. (Want to see what I can do? (Massive gestures and incantations! "RAAAINNNNNNNNNN OF FROGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGS!" in a deep booming voice)

Captain Canard and the Deadly Duck: Captain Canard is a relatively mediocre martial artist, however, the duck (His follower) has a powerful sonic quack. Players have often asked if they could get the duck without Captain Canard.

The Big Cheese: He turns into a large eight foot cube of Swiss Cheese. That's it.

I had a villain gadgeteer named Thingamabob. He was a dumpy, middle aged shmuck wearing overalls. The nametag on his chest read "Robert".

But I can't forget the Spirit of '76. Of course he was referring to 1976.

Did he look like David Cassidy?

Tae Kwon Doe' date=' animal martial artist stolen from the DC Animated pictures thread.[/quote']

That would be mine.

attachment.php?attachmentid=28600&stc=1&d=1213894800

Tae Kwon Doe

Did he look like David Cassidy?

Now I want to know where I can get that on DVD? It can't have done well at the box office (so it should be cheap) but it looks like a hoot!