Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

Blue

Re: Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

There's a bunch of superhero losers who try out for various superteams when a general call is put out.

Some of these wonderful characters include:

Captain Canard and the Deadly Duck: That's right. It's a guy in a duck helmet with martial arts and his duck with a sonic quack. This guy almost made the grade once. But only once.

Foghead: Yes. It is like it sounds. He generates fog from his head. Only he can't see in it either.

Laundromaxx: Yes. Really. Washing Machine Themed Power Armor

Pachyderm Man: He has telekinesis...But only over Elephants.

Pizza Man: Can generate delicious pizzas, but when he hurls them, they explode.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are they safe to eat? Only dangerous when hurled? And what if Pizza Man eats one then hurls? Will it still explode? :fear:

They are safe to eat if he does not imbue them with energy. Scientists are really too afraid to even attempt to understand how this power works. If he eats a few slices and then barfs, there is no effect. (The pizza must be cohesive and undigested.)

There are two more, by the way.

The Big Cheese: Yes, he turns into a giant cube of swiss cheese. He is immobile in this state, and can't really do anything except smell tasty. Nonetheless, he's tried out for every superhero team in the US, maybe the world. People feel bad for him. This really pretty much is the worst power ever. Oh...and it lasts 24 hours and he can't shut it off.

Exodus: Exodus has the power of the ten plagues of Egypt. That's right. The ten plagues of Egypt. Fortunately, Exodus is a very religious man, and wouldn't hurt a fly, so many of his powers never get used. Nonetheless, he feels his abilities would be helpful in an environment of his fellow heroes. The flaw, of course, is that Exodus has no movement powers, and after the first time someone asked him to demonstrate his abilities and he filled Freedom Strike's base with frogs, there haven't been a lot of people willing to give him another shot. Thus, he walks from city to city. That's right, he WALKS. One day, he hopes, his pilgrimage will be complete.

Human Target - anime teen homage. High DEF plus PRE Attack (Attack me First). Ironically almost drowned.

Slow Poke - Brick w/Time Power "Slow Motion" Entangle AER, Non Selective, 0 END, Continous. Same PC as above. Rarely managed to close with Bad Guys.

Kamakazi - Please don't ask.

Lucky - The worst Dice Roller I have ever seen except out of Combat.

Cheers

QM

Exodus: Exodus has the power of the ten plagues of Egypt. That's right. The ten plagues of Egypt. Fortunately' date=' Exodus is a very religious man, and wouldn't hurt a fly, so many of his powers never get used. Nonetheless, he feels his abilities would be helpful in an environment of his fellow heroes. The flaw, of course, is that Exodus has no movement powers, and after the first time someone asked him to demonstrate his abilities and he filled Freedom Strike's base with frogs, there haven't been a lot of people willing to give him another shot. Thus, he walks from city to city. That's right, he WALKS. One day, he hopes, his pilgrimage will be complete.[/quote']

Say, about forty years?

As of this Saturday night we've been forced to embrace... Mr. Melty!

He thought it sounded Golden Agey.

Oy vey :stupid:

:thumbup:

No, just cheesy.

Lest we forget...

Okay, we've heard the gaming horror-stories, worst moments, etc. Now it's time for everyone to post the Worst Character Concept they've ever seen. I'll roll out my old standard as example, one I first shared with the world back in 2001 on the Hero Mailing List:

I may as well share the Worst Character Concept Ever, submitted to me by a prospective player in a Champions game was going to run (but never got off the ground):

The Superlative (Invincible, Indestructible, etc.) Hammer-Wheel.

The Invincible Hammer-Wheel's power is that he has hammers for hands and wheels for feet. Or it could have been wheels for hands and hammers for feet. The player himself wasn't sure, but my mental picture of the character is a man with monster-truck wheels plugged into where is arms should be, who drives up to villains and kicks them with his sledgehammer feet.

Here's basically how the conversation went:

Player: I hear you're running a superhero game. Can I play?

Me: Sure. Do you have a character concept in mind?

Player: The Invincible Hammer-Wheel!

Me: Uh... (keep in mind this was to be a "serious" supers game)

Player: He has hammers for hands and wheels for feet! Or, wheels for hands and hammers for feet. I haven't decided.

Me: And how did he come by these "powers?"

Player: He was born that way.

Me: Must have been rough on his folks...

Player: He was raised by farm implements.

Me: ...and his motivation for doing good?

Player: He lives in the woods.

So whenever people bring up their "worst concept" horror-stories, all I have to say is;

"The Invincible Hammer-Wheel.

He has hammers for hands and wheels for feet.

He was born that way.

He was raised by farm implements.

He lives in the woods."

As of this Saturday night we've been forced to embrace... Mr. Melty!

He thought it sounded Golden Agey.

Oy vey :stupid:

:thumbup:

Off-thread a bit, but it reminds me of the episode of Coupling, The Melty Man Cometh. Hilarious, but not even remotely Golden Agey.

http://www.imdb.com/video/hulu/vi2727020825/

We just started playing a 1st ed AD&D campaign for nostalgia's sake. Two players, two characters each. I named both of mine after players who were not present. Hence 'Bob' the Elven F/MU and Jamie the Halfling Thief. Since they're our two weirdest players, the characters are developing in interesting ways. It will be interesting to see how they respond, the next time they show up.

We just started playing a 1st ed AD&D campaign for nostalgia's sake. Two players' date=' two characters each. I named both of mine after players who were not present. Hence 'Bob' the Elven F/MU and Jamie the Halfling Thief. Since they're our two weirdest players, the characters are developing in interesting ways. It will be interesting to see how they respond, the next time they show up.[/quote']

I once named my wizard, "Bob." After a bit of laughter, the game continued as normal.

If I never see another Jukebox Hero or Guitar Hero, it will be too soon.

In one game it opened with the heroes meeting for the first time. One character (the player kinda new to super genre) introduces herself, saying she's a chemist with various grenades with special effects. She introduces herself as Stinker. My swashbuckling archer (named The Archer and secretly the team's backer) immediately says that won't do at all and redubs her Catalyst when she asks for suggestions.

If I never see another Jukebox Hero or Guitar Hero, it will be too soon.

In one game it opened with the heroes meeting for the first time. One character (the player kinda new to super genre) introduces herself, saying she's a chemist with various grenades with special effects. She introduces herself as Stinker. My swashbuckling archer (named The Archer and secretly the team's backer) immediately says that won't do at all and redubs her Catalyst when she asks for suggestions.

I've seen this done before. And in a Teen Championjs game, all the player's code names were assigned by the school staff, not picked by the students.

Rather late, all this somewhat reminds me of an "unfortunate superteam name" conversation I had with a friend, many years ago. Went (briefly) something like this:

Friend: (showing me a pic of the character) "This is Jean Grey, of the X-Men."

Me: "She's pretty hot, for an ex-man..."

I was roundly declared to be a bad, bad person by everyone present. :confused::P