Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

Blue

Re: Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

That gave me the best idea ever!

Superheroes whose names are the insults seventies villains used to use.

Master of Dullwittedness, he is...The Cretin!

Laughing constantly at things that aren't funny, he is...The Jackanapes!

So blunt that he crushes everything in his path, he is...The Dullard!

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Fine Red Mist' date=' the desolid cloud of blood.[/quote']

So he was FiRM? :D

Ol' Sparky' date=' electric blaster, gained superpowers by surviving his execution.[/quote']

By any chance was the character from Florida?

That was not my fault. My dice hate me. And the leaping off the building plan worked' date=' didn't it?[/quote']

I used to game with your Statistical Counter part -- Tom, The God Of Dice (Tom was his actual name). I swear that when rolling 3-5 dice (like for KA damage w/ Stun die), he'd very consistently roll *well* over average. And he was also good with using the exact same dice to roll low for attacks.

We had a super powers policeman called Poltron

My first thought was a character with Robotic Avian powers. Maybe I watch too much Robot Chicken.

The only "bad" names I can remember weren't all that bad, but rememberable because of the characters playing the characters.

Syzygy: From the first Champions game I was in. I recall he was a Blaster, and the player was also new to Champions (and seemed relatively new to RPGs in general). In a combat, he was sturck by an attack (he had a relatively high DCV). The damage was rolled & applied to his defenses. when informed by the others more experienced with the system that his character took 1 STUN damage, he responded:

"One STUN? I kill him!" :ugly:

Beautiful Dreamer (IIRC): A character based on some Anime I can't recall. Needless to say, it was basically a PC who appeared to be a 16-ish girl. I don't remember what kind of attacks she had, but I do remember her "Armor" was bought with Activation Roll (partial coverage).

At the time we had a "crit" rule that rolling a 3 produced the maximum damage the attack could produce (i.e., 6's on all dice of the attack). We were in an end combat fighting Dr Destroyer, and the 60 STR brick does a pushed Kick (back then a Kick did 1.5x STR -- IIRC) and rolled a 3 to hit. 70 STR (from pushing) x 1.5 = 105 STR, or 21 dice. Meaning 42 BODY damage. He also rolled a 6 for Knockback. 36" of Knockback. And 7" in the direction of travel was.... Beautiful Dreamer.

Jamie (the player of Beautiful Dreamer) was asked to make a PER Roll since she was facing the other way. Failed. We said we shouted for her to duck, and the GM was inclined to allow it. The GM called for a DEX roll to avoid the "missile". Failed. The GM tried again to save the character by assigning an arbitrary "OCV", which was low, and asked the Brick's player to roll it to see if it struck her. Being it was Tom playing the Brick, he rolled a 3.

"That's going to be 29 BODY (we used the remaining distance to determine damge from/to impated objects in Knockback). Jamie, Make your Armor Activation Roll". Failed.

The character had an 10 PD (without the Armor), so we all thought it would still work out... Until Jamie informed us she only had an 8 BODY to start with...

Beautiful Dreamer (IIRC): A character based on some Anime I can't recall. Needless to say' date=' it was basically a PC who appeared to be a 16-ish girl. I don't remember what kind of attacks she had, but I do remember her "Armor" was bought with Activation Roll (partial coverage).[/quote']

Lemme guess... green hair, horns, tiger-striped bikini, and electrical powers?

I'm fairly sure "Beautiful Dreamer" is the name of one of the Lum (Urusei Yatsura) stand-alone movies.

Lemme guess... green hair, horns, tiger-striped bikini, and electrical powers?

I'm fairly sure "Beautiful Dreamer" is the name of one of the Lum (Urusei Yatsura) stand-along movies.

We're talkinga about something that happened in the late 80's maybe very learly 90's. I do remember that Jamie had a "thing" for Anime, having based several characters at least partly off of various shows/movies. Always young, female characters... :\

We're talkinga about something that happened in the late 80's maybe very learly 90's. I do remember that Jamie had a "thing" for Anime' date=' having based several characters at least partly off of various shows/movies. Always young, female characters... :\[/quote']

That's the right time for it.

I once developed an Iron Man-type character, powered armor and all, super-high tech. The man inside was an alien, but he didn't want anyone to know it (at least, not any NPCs).

In an unusual moment of creativity, I called him Armor Man.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's no like Iron Man is really all that jawdroppingly creative of a name either.

I once developed an Iron Man-type character, powered armor and all, super-high tech. The man inside was an alien, but he didn't want anyone to know it (at least, not any NPCs).

In an unusual moment of creativity, I called him Armor Man.

Well, at least you didn't call him Armor-All.

Budman: Beer bumps and flatulence.

McNinja: A chicken nugget with a plastic cocktail sword.

Ninja Beaver: A beaver in a ninja suit, -4" running, extra knockback, every time he went through a door, a Big Gulp (Dr Pepper) appeared in his hand.

Chichita: dressed like Carmen Miranda, complete with fruit hat where each fruit was a different bomb, carried a watermelon making her look pregnant.

Ninja Chicken: think Godzilla, only bigger and with feathers, science has proven the Earth orbits Ninja Chicken not the sun.

And my personal . . . er . . . favorite . . . Ghost Fletcher, a Ghost Archer wannabe, about 12 years old, very annoying.

*Please note, NONE of these concepts or names were mine and all were GM'd by someone else though I did play with them.

I so want to play the CHicken Nugget guy. I mean I'll have to get really hammered first, but still want to.

Don't be so hard on yourself. It's no like Iron Man is really all that jawdroppingly creative of a name either.
Iron Man isn't really bad at all.

But Armor Man is worse than his colleague Mental Man (whom I also created), if only because Mental Man is exactly the kind of guy who'd come up with a lame superhero name (imagine Howie Mandel with surf-speak).

Eventually I changed Armor Man's name to the Grey Knight.

I played in a pre-Champions hero game where the GameMaster had, as the number one in the world superteam, The Attackers. I don't remember all of the names, but the team included...

Fighter, a martial artist.

Flyer, a speedster

And

Smasher, a brick.

The other names were similarly direct.

One person in our group wanted to play a sidekick for the lead brick on the team The Idea was nice , the name...not so much.

Sparks the Aura-boy. A name can show you how demented and twisted the people you roll dice with are The hero lasted one night after being renamed Sparks the Oral boy!

In a long ago 'Villains & Vigilantes' game, one guy randomly rolled 'Heightened Charisma' as one of his superpowers - and then took the name 'Captain Wonder'. Unfortunately, given that particular power, everybody else kept referring to him as 'Captain Wonderful'.

One ultra-variant 'Champions' game, the GM created tables for determining a Character's physique vased on their stats (human norm being about 10, as with mainstream rules). Inevitably, the speedster that my best friend created (low STR, insane amounts of DEX) ended up with a physique stat that was actually in the high negatives. He took the name 'Weed'.

Another Champions game, a guy gave his Character the name 'Phenomenon', which you might think sounds ultra-cool. That is, until you recall "that" tune from the Muppet Show. He got REALLY sick of hearing "Doo-doo De-Doo-Doo" whenever his Character's name was said, and the Muppet references didn't help much either.

Then there was 'Captain Cancer', a GM creation, whose epic defeat I have mentioned elsewhere.

In a long ago 'Villains & Vigilantes' game, one guy randomly rolled 'Heightened Charisma' as one of his superpowers - and then took the name 'Captain Wonder'. Unfortunately, given that particular power, everybody else kept referring to him as 'Captain Wonderful'.

QUOTE]

If you're going to mention VnV, then I'll bring in AquaPutz. 1st edition VnV, you had a random (d6) number of powers, but had to drop one if you had more than two. I rolled "water breathing", and "lowered intelligence" twice. So, I kept water breathing and one lowered intelligence, and there I was. My high stat was my 14 charisma, intelligence was a 5, and nothing else over 12. The name just seemed natural.