Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

Blue

Re: Worst Hero Names (of your campaigns)

A player in my superhero campaign chose to name his electricity wielding energy projector Benjamin Franklin. He was none too happy when another character told a journalist during their first interview that the EP's name was "Taser" because everyone hated the name...

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A player in my superhero campaign chose to name his electricity wielding energy projector Benjamin Franklin. He was none too happy when another character told a journalist during their first interview that the EP's name was "Taser" because everyone hated the name...

Meaning his name is now "Thomas A Swift's Electric Rifle." ^_^

In a samurai game some years ago, two players opted for character names that (to their minds) sounded vaguely Japanese and, well, you'll see. The third Player to join, learning what his fellows were called, chose a rather ..... unique name.

So, the game centred on these three ronin who, whenever asked for their names, would respond thus:

Player #1: "F### YOU."

Player #2: "UP YOURS."

Player #3 (with an expression that said both 'I Know What's Coming' and 'GET ME OUT OF HERE!'): "Help."

Yes, those were their characters' actual names. They seemed to get into a heckuva lot of fights, for some reason.

In a samurai game some years ago, two players opted for character names that (to their minds) sounded vaguely Japanese and, well, you'll see. The third Player to join, learning what his fellows were called, chose a rather ..... unique name.

So, the game centred on these three ronin who, whenever asked for their names, would respond thus:

Player #1: "F### YOU."

Player #2: "UP YOURS."

Player #3 (with an expression that said both 'I Know What's Coming' and 'GET ME OUT OF HERE!'): "Help."

Yes, those were their characters' actual names. They seemed to get into a heckuva lot of fights, for some reason.

Go figure.

A friend of mine once told me of a girl who played a speedster named 'Quickie' ...

• 1 month later...

A former PC in our Capes! campaign real name was Patricia Meltoskowic. Her powers included molecular disruption' date=' basically reducing solids to a sort of slag so naturally she called herself... Patty Melt.[/quote']

You have given out too much Reputation in the last 24 hours, try again later.

Rats!

Let's see...

Spot, The Man-Sized Mutant Rat (always referred to by his full name)

Boy Boogie (a surf-themed sidekick to Lord Board and Johnny Surf, Defender of Maui)

G-Man (quickly referred to as G-String)

Richard Longfellow (went by Dick, Shadowrun character who had something special replaced with cybernetics)

We also had a Captain Cadaver in a long defunct group (his tagline was: He's dead, what else can you do to him?)

That same campaign had Silent E and Mellow Fellow.

There is on character Builder for SR4 where the description of this "cyberware part" reads:

[sPAM]Do you want a troll sized $%"§= ?[/sPAM]

In one of the supplements for SR4, they had detailed rules for breast and penis implants/replacements. Because let's face it, those will be some of the most popular kinds of cyberware/bioengineering out there, when it hits the cosmetic stage. For breast implants, there were a few options that would have had significant gameplay effects entirely unrelated to sex (hidden carrying, toxin generators/dispersers, a few other things). They didn't specify, but there are certainly similar things that could be done with any sort of genital modification (hey, where'd you get that flashlight?).

In one of the supplements for SR4' date=' they had detailed rules for breast and penis implants/replacements. Because let's face it, those will be some of the most popular kinds of cyberware/bioengineering out there, when it hits the cosmetic stage. For breast implants, there were a few options that would have had significant gameplay effects entirely unrelated to sex (hidden carrying, toxin generators/dispersers, a few other things). They didn't specify, but there are certainly similar things that could be done with any sort of genital modification (hey, where'd you get that flashlight?).[/quote']

Here are some interesting bio-upgrades:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-07-01

Here anotehr one:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-07-04

And the "instant explosive" in use:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-07-19

However, be ready for a certain kind of Jokes:

http://www.schlockmercenary.com/2001-07-20

Hmmm.

"Speed Demon", whose mutant power was to gain superspeed from uppers, and who used downers to sleep. A drug-addicted, twitchy "hero".

"Plague", who used tailored viral sprays to dispense justice, and who was quickly renamed "Plaque" by gangbangers who didn't take him seriously.

"Prophylactus", he of the prehensile, stretchy penis (the ONLY part of his body that could stretch). Designed by the player as the exemplar of the statement, "Of course my gun is a penis substitute. If I could defeat bad guys at 30 yards with my penis, I wouldn't NEED a gun!"

Had a teen champions game years ago with:

A flying brick who strapped his surf board to his feet and called himself the Floral Surfer (for his flowery board shorts).

A guy who transformed into water and whose preferred attack was to charge opponents: called The Flush. He tried to change it to Tsunami but, hey, these stick don't they? Just ask Paste Pot Pete.