Create a Villain Theme Team!

BoloOfEarth

Re: Create a Villain Theme Team!

OK...hear is my atemp at this.

Luna. A woman with silvery skin who's power of superstrength depends on the phases of the moon. She dosen't get 'depowered' when it is day. Also, durring a New Moon, she is transported to...somewhere else. She keeps what she is secret from the others, but she is, in fact, a fae from Fairy who is bound to the moon. She is a brick with extreem agility (as opose to toughth skin).

OK...hear is my atemp at this.

Luna. A woman with silvery skin who's power of superstrength depends on the phases of the moon. She dosen't get 'depowered' when it is day. Also, durring a New Moon, she is transported to...somewhere else. She keeps what she is secret from the others, but she is, in fact, a fae from Fairy who is bound to the moon. She is a brick with extreem agility (as opose to toughth skin).

The character concept isnt the problem, S. It's the fact that she's not a planet, she's a satellite. The easiest thing to do is to hook her up with Earth somehow.

So looking back at the concept of a bunny eared crazy person who controls tides, how how do I tie her in to Earth?

With apologies to Cygnia, I am going to steal her replacement idea for my character.

Earth that was was Luna's older sister and had control of the four classic elements with the ability to create tiny golems to carry out her wishes. Her powers went out of control and she became a menace. The other Planets and Luna had to put her down before she caused a major cataclysm.

Luna became the new Earth, and traded her bunny ears for shades of blue and white.

I reccomend we take Sterica's Luna as the new Luna.

CES

I'll take a try at Uranus (no jokes please!)

Uranus, is an elderly gentleman. He refers to himself as the Sky, sometimes. And his powers seemed based on that theme. He is the last of the true orignal Planetary Pantheon. Bears a intense hatred of Saturn. Not so much what this Saturn did but rather the last 2 Saturns were at extreme odds with him (the first of which was Uranus' son). Mercury refers to him as great-grandad whom Uranus usually totally ignores. Uranus also has no apparent sense of humor, as he usually unleashes his full power upon any hero foolish enough to mention a certain joke on his name.

Neptune is a Cryomancer - an Ice mage. Not quite the lord of the seas but he sees himself as ruling them from above on a floating ice palace. His real name is Mortimer Stoltz

Against type, he's a gregarious and talkative chap to his friends and allies, saving the "frosty" attitude for heroes and the media.

If that's all I'd like your help everyone.

villain team: Anarchy over Europe

6 villains, all powerful, rich, spoiled and in villainy for fun. I have 2 members already:

Bella Donna - an assassin and mistress of the whip as well as several poisons. She's from Wales

Riot- a manipulative empath with a laser pistol for protection. He's from Barcelona. Likes to cause mass hysteria

Smart Alec -- Actually, his middle name is Alec, but he loves the English expression. He's Polish, and was educated at MIT where he heard just too many "dumb Polack" jokes. (He takes no comfort in the knowledge that, in America at least, those jokes have since been transferred to blondes.) He now uses his technical genius to turn those jokes around in acts of massive sabotage. He started by blowing out just the right light bulbs on the largest marquee in Monaco to question how many it will take to change them.

Well' date=' one could argue that there shouldn't be a member for Earth, seeing as Earth is not a planet visible in the night sky, nor does it have a god from the Greco-Roman pantheon representing it. But if we go there, there's also the issue of there only being 5 planets in antiquity...[/quote']

Actually, there were 7 planets in Greco-Roman myth... to use the Latin,

Sol

Mercury

Venus

Luna

Mars

Zupiter

Saturn

In this mythology, Earth is a fixed object, and the stars are fixed relative to each other, and the planets are what wanders in between.

As for the Goddess of Earth, Terra/Gaia fills that roll.

Panzerkreig

From Germany comes this villain. He has no leanings towards the 3rd Reich or anyone saying Reich. To the annoyance of those still trying to fight the 2nd World War his battle armour is of far better quality than anything they have. He uses the armour to commit robberies and leave relatively unmolested. It is supposed that he is from what was West Germany as he has committed more property damage there usually against post war rebuilding. It has been noted that he is scrupulous in avoiding war memorials and taking fights away from them. This has not stopped him from 'invading' France and reclaiming Alsace Lorraine; 'visiting' Austria to mock the Anschluss; changing the signs in Gdansk o say Danzig and then charging the Poles visitor tax and routinely attacking Russian targets particularly the Russian mafia. He also shamelessly organises autograph sessions and signs his name while holding off the cops and army.

The beautiful raven-haired woman known as Le Charmeur has amassed quite a fortune using her feminine wiles (and liberal use of her pheremone-based powers) to bilk European bank executives and Middle-Eastern oil shieks of millions of dollars. She has become bored with that, however, and now uses her powers to create chaos on a mass scale. She originally hails from the south of France but now calls Paris her home.

Enrique really hates it when people say he's Spanish. His country of Gibraltar has several times said no to Spanish rule. The son of popular, local musicians, he uses their wealth to fund his habits. He is himself accomplished musically. Music from playing a unique guitar enhances his strength and speed while causing hallucinations in opponents who hear it. His name, The Rock of Gibraltar.

New team: Eric lived underneath Broadway in NYC for years. The music has both enhanced his genius and driven him insane. Authorities know him as Phantom since he wears an opera cape and a skull mask. He isn't scarred but it fits the persona and serves as a red herring to searching police (he has several times walked right by them unmasked). When he sings, his voice is hypnotic. The Angels of Music are five lovely ladies with wonderful voices whom he leads and teaches from his penthouse apartment (he calls himself "O.G." and so do they).

*As if you couldn't tell. I have been listening to the Phantom soundtrack the last few days.*

When Mathilde Krausse, aka Keening, sings, enemies take heed for misfortune will soon befall you! Keening is capable of probability manipulation. For good and bad, she is immune to her own powers though her teammates have had a little bad luck affect them now and then as well (at least Mathilde claims it was accidental).

She is also insanely obsessed with Eric and hopes one day he'll wake up and return her affections back. Whether or not Eric genuinely cares about Mathilde in any way is a moot point. She is jealous of the rest of the Angels and has no qualms about screwing over the rest of the girls one day if it'll make Eric be hers and hers alone. For now, she hides her jealousy from the others and holds back on pushing her powers fully. The last thing she wants is to lose Eric totally in a backlash of bad luck.

Octavia Cruz is (perhaps unimaginably called) Octave. Able to produce (and be mentally linked to) seven duplicates of herself, Octave is the utility player of the Angels. She's the go-to member for scouting and reconnaissance. She's also no slouch when it comes to judo -- another thing she can share with her duplicates.

However, one thing she hasn't told the rest of the team is that there was an eighth duplicate -- and she got away. Despite her best efforts, Octave hasn't been able to pull back her errant copy. Likewise, her mental link has been blocked (not severed). This is a mixed blessing as at least the block now goes both ways. Octavia might not be able to mentally track her duplicate, but neither can the copy track her. For her part, Olivia (what the copy now calls herself) wants nothing to do with villainy and just wants to live a new life alone. Still, she has some residual loyalty to Octavia and has done nothing to turn her in so far. But she's really looking to get out of NYC ASAP, terrified that Octave will find a way to "bring her back into the fold".

Stacy Czynoswki is Vibrato and goes by her first name or her nom de guerre as people take one look at her surname and spend ages trying to pronounce it properly. Her voice can set off vibrations in structures and in vehicles. It also renders people unwell for a day or so if they are unfortunate enough to get hit by hit. Stacy has found that she can create holes in buildings by modulating her pitch when singing. Thus she can help the team get into and out of a scrape. Allegedly she got her power from a magic whistle.

Stacy believes that the whistle is cursed and that a werewolf is coming for her. She has nightmares about it and what it will do to her as her voice will have no effect on it. She is with the rest of the team for protection as well as the fact that heroes might save her if the beast turns up.

I adapted the ghost story 'Whistle and I'll come for you' if the idea seems familiar to anyone

Emilia Salvato is officially Diva. She considered Prima Donna, but decided that no one would get the proper, original meaning of the term. Not that she doesn't get called that anyway, at least when she's not around. It wouldn't be a stereotype if there weren't self-absorbed lead singers like her.

While she does have a beautiful voice, that has very little to do with her powers. She managed to charm a rich opera patron into a lavish gift, a necklace of obscure origin with a large purple gem. She later discovered that while wearing the necklace, she has super-strength and durability. Also, not that she's noticed, it seems as though her strength goes up the more indignant she gets.

(I don't know, I have no trouble with Vibrato's last name. But I'm weird like that.

Also, I can never seem to get that last spot and put up the next team. Just don't check in often enough. It's a bit frustrating, especially when I've been sitting on an idea for... wow, over 6 months. Could I pretty please post the next idea, Mr. Person-after-me?)

Oh, thank you. I'm not going to say it's a great idea, just one that amuses me.

The Decepticons

More than meets the eye!*

The Decepticons were formed after the leader realized that a supervillain team can charge more for their services than when working alone. Also, a group gets a nice break on insurance premiums versus individuals (and dental coverage). Hey, it's an important consideration when you have to pay extra because you're a metamorph. So the leader put together a team. He(she?) decided on a shtick of all metamorphs, to give the team a unique selling point and cover an untapped market niche. They've had mixed success since then, but are a slippery bunch that's almost impossible to capture and lockup.

This is a relatively light-hearted team that can be found working anywhere doing almost anything. It is a B-/C+ -list team, always under-performing in the field. Oh, they know how to use their powers and get along okay; the team itself just seems to have unluck.

While it can be hard to count at times, the team has a core membership of 5. They have a number of associate members to boost their numbers if necessary, and have worked with most of the metamorphic villains out there. So let's get at least one of the associates stated up, as well, and call this a group of at least 6.

*Yes, they are getting there pop culture reference wrong. It has been pointed out repeatedly, and met with cries of, "Shut up! It sounds cool!"

Also, Meta-gang was a close second for team name. But then we'd have to reference Jimmy Olson, and nobody wants that. ;) That's really Intergang, isn't it? So Decepticons was just cooler than Metagang, nothing else. :doi:

The Shape of Things to Come

This metamorph often takes the shape of futuristic vehicles or weapons like the Transformers. Said to be Gideon Theigs, The Shape etc has never been seen in natural form by the others. Very handy transport wise but often a target for the heaviest attacks as 'the vehicle can't be human, right ?'

Has also had to avoid the likes of Dr Destroyer who wants to replicate the process for his own ends; Teleios who wants to clone him; The Ultimates who want to steal him to order and Mechanon who wants to convert his robotic brother to the fight against humanity.

Memory Metal was once Jenny Thompson, a brilliant young female metallurgist who was developing a new alloy that was normally malleable but could become rigid (and very strong) in various pre-determined shapes if various voltages of electric current are applied to it. She was working on it in the lab late one night when a freak thunderstorm (summoned by a weather-controlling villain) blew in. A lightning bolt struck Thompson, arcing between her and the samples she was working with. She now considers herself a freak (looking like a moving metal statue) but is able to manipulate her body to form various completely-metal tools, weapons, and other objects. (For instance, she can take the form of a metal folding table, or turn her hand into a scythe blade, or her fingers into lockpicks, or grow spikes on the soles of her feet for climbing.)

Dr. Density

No longer able to take human form after an experimental accident, this former govt scientist (presumed dead of course) can only take on the forms of solid (rock), liquid (water) or gas (a barely visible fog). He can turn either parts of his "body" or the whole into these forms. His favorite attack is while in either gas or liquid form to propel parts of himself towards an enemy while simultaneously turning said parts into rocks. (which after hitting its target usually revert to previous form and return to the whole)

It is thought that he is probably in effect immortal. Or at least so, unless his "body" is completely broken down molecularly.

He has also proven to be an effective spy, by sneaking a part of himself to wherever needed, he can listen in. He refers to it as "radio" though others may call it telepathy. Whichever if one part of him knows, all of him knows. whatever the case very few would be able to determine a puddle of "rainwater" was in fact a bugging device (for an example)

Note: Might be better as one of the auxiliary members. I leave that up as an option for others.

One of the reasons the team has a bit of bad luck is The Goof. He's insane. I mean how many people would turn themselves into a dayglo machine and the hurtle around screaming 'I'm a pink for lift truck ! I'm a pink fork lift truck !'

Then there's his bizarre joke of him turning himself into a yellow polka dot on grey motorised couch that has a catapult hurling Ostrich egg sized grenades while chortling 'EGGSTERMINATE !'

Law enforcement want him badly but The Goof does not seem to either understand subtlety or keeping a low profile.

Shrink-Rap is an aspiring rapper who is actually using his career in crime to try to get the notoriety to make it in the music industry. Using his powers of shrinking and flight he...largely goes unnoticed. His power is at odds with his ambitions.

Next: The Corporate Raiders are a team of 7 disgruntled left-wing superhumans out to punish corporations and government for the jobless recovery...supposedly. Most of them don't know that their operations manipulate stock prices for Jason Lattimer, the Werewolf of Wall Street.