Funny locations for a Dark Champions game?

Ragitsu

Some cities are known for their prevalence, or fictional prevalence, towards crime. They often see use for Dark Champions material.

But there are some places...(particularly small Midwestern United States towns in general)...that are just poor picks for various thematic reasons.

What examples come to mind?

Re: Funny locations for a Dark Champions game?

Are you speaking in terms of "in theory," or do you want actual stories?

St. Louis comes to mind as a good example of a large city with no reputation for a crime problem. I've even seen a couple of TV episodes (though I don't recall which series) where that city was chosen for something specifically because nothing exciting ever happens there -- it's a city of quiet cul-de-sac neighborhoods.

(In reality I'm sure St. Louis has no less of a crime problem, or at least not significantly less, than any other city of its approximate size. I'm speaking of its "story image" here.)

you have to wonder about some names' date=' like Intercourse PA, or Dildo Nova Scotia[/quote']

There are both French Lick, Indiana, and Humptulips, Washington. The latter has a 2000 Census population of 216.

Stephen King is probably the master of the creepy small town Americana scenario, though it tends towards the supernatural.

I'm having fun with south seas island settings. All kinds of things happen out where people don't think they'll draw a lot of attention.

• 2 weeks later...