Common superhero types you've never seen in play

CrosshairCollie

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Common superhero types you've never seen in play

I think everyone goes through the thought process of "what can I build using this?" with VPP's and Multiform at one time or another instead of reserving their use for situations where no other tools will do.

I played a variation on the Cyclops theme in the last champions/dark-champions hybrid game I played in a couple of years ago.

The character was Red Tiger (a Black Canary knock-off with a "Tiger Roar!" and martial arts). Unfortunately the game folded after 3-4 sessions but I liked the character. The key to making the type fun to play imo is to allow them to exceed campaign average in their chosen specialty. In the comics, both Cyclops and Black Canary have extremely powerful attacks. I have old JLA issues where Black Canary was able to briefly take on the entire A-list JLA with her scream, something just not possible to build with strict active point cap enforcement. I don't see this as being any different than allowing speedsters to have higher than average SPD and DEX compared to other team members. It just requires a another form of shtick enforcement in a game to make it work.

No where near armor like at all for those uniforms. They get explained in many an issue' date=' especially the training uniforms. Just Unstable Molecule standard Issue. Keeps one from running around nekid or burning up a costume. That's about it.... Nothing more protective then a leather trench coat on that team.[/quote']

Depends on author and era. On at least one occasion I recall, X-Uniforms were noted as bulletproof, and more effective than Kevlar. Begs the question why some characters (eg. Storm) had minimal defenses and a uniform that protected limited body surface.

Darkness using characters. Not just' date=' Blasters with the SFX of a Dark Bolt of power, but actual Darkness...... Guys like The Shroud (one of my favorites), Dr. Mid-Nite, that kinda thing..... I build 'em, but I rarely see them.[/quote']

This is a tough one because it's a bit binary. If the opponent is blinded, he's in real trouble. If not, the power is useless. I built a Doc Mid-Nite homage some years back, with a Darkness Bomb that had a Linked Triggered Flash (eyes were irritated, so even after leaving the field you were briefly blind). Unknown to me, another character on the team had Targetting Smell, so we were both able to act effectively within the Dark Field. That was very tough for villains without enhanced senses, but if all the bad guys have enhanced senses, the points are useless and the Darkness Guy is a sidekick.

I confess that as a GM I am leery of Multiform builds. Power Mimics and essentially comic VPPs. The characters like that I've had submitted have been the type that would turn most games (unless I really bent over backwarrds) into the Adventures of Captain Omni and his Marginally useful sidekicks. :-/

Being able to do everything the other characters can do is pretty tough to build as a balanced character.

Honestly....this is what Combat Luck was created for...at least on the defensive end. I'd say just about all of these characters would have it. As far as attacks' date=' most of them DO have significant HtH training...that's one of the thing they're at the school for to learn. What do you think the Danger Room is for?[/quote']

Actually, that's another thing we rarely see - every character on the team having, say, combat-effective Martial Arts ("I've been trained by Captain America"), similar levels of Danger Sense ("I've been trained by Professor X") or similar armored costumes.

I'd let you play something like Ben 10' date=' certainly, Bloodstone, though I'd require the forms to be within campaign maxima. :)[/quote']

Of course, my Ben 10 write ups are an attempt at simulation of what we see on screen more so than balanced play.

If I were to actually play a multiformer of that caliber on a team, I'd try to make sure that he was only ever second or third best at any overlapping schticks.

I confess that as a GM I am leery of Multiform builds. Power Mimics and essentially comic VPPs.

It's a lot to keep track of, it can be a huge pain in the butt, an indecisive or unprepared player can grind the gamer to a halt and it's easy to abuse, especially once the character get's his back up against the wall.

Really, it requires a lot of trust more so than anything IMO.

Though I was FURIOUS the one time I was told point blank that a power mimic concept was off limits regardless of build, in a game that had a Dr Strange Fate level uber mage, who could essentially do anything anyhow...

Being able to do everything the other characters can do is pretty tough to build as a balanced character.

Depends on build, but assuming everyone is built on similar point totals, it usually just doesn't quite work out that way in actual play.

But if you actually can do everything everyone else can do (usually one at a time), it's best to play in such a way that you support THEM.

Angel needs a wingman? Cyclops needs some extra fire power to take down that new sentinel? Marvel Girl can't quite lift that truck with her TK? Ice Man needs to make barriers at both sides of the battlefield to save all the civilians?

Sure, Mimic can be all those things based on the needs of the story, but even with all the X-men's power he can't do it alone either.

So it's not just about Mimic's player consciously not overshadowing the other X-men. It's also up to the GM to create scenarious where this unique type of teamwork is viable or even necessary.

Of course, my Ben 10 write ups are an attempt at simulation of what we see on screen more so than balanced play.

If I were to actually play a multiformer of that caliber on a team, I'd try to make sure that he was only ever second or third best at any overlapping schticks.

It's a lot to keep track of, it can be a huge pain in the butt, an indecisive or unprepared player can grind the gamer to a halt and it's easy to abuse, especially once the character get's his back up against the wall.

Really, it requires a lot of trust more so than anything IMO.

Though I was FURIOUS the one time I was told point blank that a power mimic concept was off limits regardless of build, in a game that had a Dr Strange Fate level uber mage, who could essentially do anything anyhow...

Depends on build, but assuming everyone is built on similar point totals, it usually just doesn't quite work out that way in actual play.

But if you actually can do everything everyone else can do (usually one at a time), it's best to play in such a way that you support THEM.

Angel needs a wingman? Cyclops needs some extra fire power to take down that new sentinel? Marvel Girl can't quite lift that truck with her TK? Ice Man needs to make barriers at both sides of the battlefield to save all the civilians?

Sure, Mimic can be all those things based on the needs of the story, but even with all the X-men's power he can't do it alone either.

So it's not just about Mimic's player consciously not overshadowing the other X-men. It's also up to the GM to create scenarious where this unique type of teamwork is viable or even necessary.

It also depends on the group. I've played in games with power mimics and similar characters and they can cause some resentment. Players can be very protective of their "niche" and get upset when they're stepped on particularly by a character that can do everything they can do and more even if they don't do it quite as well. It doesn't happen all the time but it is something I think you should take into consideration. It takes, IMO, extra work from the GM, a player that knows that sometimes just because you can do something, doesn't mean you should (and has the curtesy not to rub things in the other player's faces) and a group that doesn't mind sharing the spotlight much of the time.

Edit: and to be fair, some of the thrill of role playing a superhuman is the idea of being unique (the lack of team outfits and shared skills are another aspect of this) Powers are a big part of that and with a Mimic or similar character on the team the only person that gets to have a truly unique power is them. And that can make some players feel like sidekicks even if the mimic can't do everything alone.

I'll second or third the Mimic concept. In comics, The Mimic was one of my favorite X-Characters back in the day before they went X-Stupid and became Wolverine and his Amazing Friends. Copycat characters can be an insane amount of fun, I mean, Who wouldn't have Fun with Kl'rt The Super Skrull. The trick is to build the Mimic type, so that he doesn't over shadow any one particular niche he's Mimicking. That's why I ALWAYS hated Rogue, she Over Shadowed. Makes for a bad dynamic that way.

Multiform Swiss Army Knife characters are my personal nightmare. Still I allow them with no problem, it's just a lot of GM work when one rolls in, ESPECIALLY if it's a guy doing "I'm Iron Man, and here are my 50,000 Armor variants I can switch to at Will....", Hence, takes attention and consideration from the GM otherwise it can do a number on the game. Still though I've built some and seen some really nice Multiform builds, so they can bring a good element to a game as well.

Just polished up a Dr. Mid-Night write up, so blind guy (in the day light) martial artist physician with blackout bombs and an Owl complete (And no rDef on him either), I think the next one I'll do is either a Beast or Cyclops kinda write up.

~Rex...notes that he doesn't consider a level or even two of Combat Luck to be screaming across the niche barrier, but is avoiding using it on these builds just because he likes to keep Combat Luck for characters like Dr. Savage Van Damage Master of Kung Fu.....

To follow this up, of the original X-Men:

Cyclops - no defensive powers

He's no more vulnerable than your typical martial artist build, relying on an impressive DCV and maneuver bonuses when necessary. He knows how to use Range penalties to his advantage, can blast many ranged attacks out of the sky when they are a threat, can keep most foes away with impressive amounts of knockback and can hit from otherwise impossible angels to maximize the defensive bonuses provided by cover.

Played right, he's pretty safe in many common situations.

He also the biggest source of damage on the team. Many opponents will go down in a single hit until we get to the major foes, in which case the whole team needs to work together anyhow.

As he's also clearly the leader, this is going to make him a huge target, so he needs a smart player and the support of his team mates to survive.

Overall, he's going to be vulnerable to AoE's and will have trouble with speedsters like Quicksilver or Toad.

Angel - no defensive or attack powers (move by/through is the only option)

Don't forget Grab By and related Martial Versions of these maneuvers, like Passing Throw.

Angel isn't just a flying guy, he's an expert flying guy. He literally flies circles around other flyers like the Human Torch or Iron man. When he isn't the only flyer on the battlefield he's still undeniably the best!

Angel isn't necessarily a heavy hitter, though he can do good damage with velocity based maneuvers. And he has ranged attacks via dropped objects when need be, so he doesn't have to get close if he doesn't want to.

Speed and maneuverability are incredibly valuable in super hero battles. He spends a lot of time saving civilians and transporting other teammates around the battle field so that they can do their thing. Cycloops IS a flying blaster when Warren is around ;)

He has a massive DCV in the air and thus has little fear of ranged attack, enough movement that AoE attacks aren't a major worry and no fear of hand to hand attacks since they usually can't reach him.

So yeah, maybe he's not going to hurt Juggernaut directly, but he will be the one that steals his mystic helmet, making him vulnerable to the Professors mental assault. He didn't land the finishing blow, but he set up the situation that made it possible and that's just as good a feeling in my book.

Beast - close, but no rDEF

Martial Artist build again, backed up by much greater then normal characteristics. The combination of high DCV and enough movement to dive for cover out of most AoE's will mean that a lack of rDEF will only rarely be an issue.

Marvel Girl - she had TK, but no defensive powers

She uses TK to interpose objects/create cover and eventually get's pure TK Force Walls and Force Fields.

But lets be honest, she's the token chick in a Stan Lee comic, so of course she's initially something of a weak link as her main jobs include standing around looking hot, causing tension amongst the male team members and being captured.

Add Havok (no defense, like Cyclops)

I'll admit, Havok is worse off than Cyclops, as his main defense is just overwhelming force. But he is a major league heavy hitter and a skilled ranfged combatant.

He also does the melt incoming projectiles thing

and we have two of seven characters with a balanced power suite like you need in Champions.

Obviously I disagree on the NEED for a balanced power suite.

It's nice, but not necessary if you put together the right scenarios and use the right teamwork.

Thunderbird - no rDEF (created to die anyway)

Thunderbird had rDEF according to his offical write ups. Besides, his brother has rDEF and they were supposed to have identical power sets initially (Jimmy's grown to be much more powerful with time and experience).

Even without it though, Thunderbird is beyond peak human in every physical way, so if they hadn;t killed him off he could have easily been on par with a Captain America/Batman type.

Banshee - no defensive powers (we'd give him a force field)

Fast, agile flyer that disintigrates projectile attacks. He's just not getting hit much...

Wolverine - at least he has his insane Regen/recovery

He can shrug off anything that doesn't KO him instantly, so one way to build that could be "instantly healing" type rDEF. Even without that though, he's probably got some damage reduction or something else to lessen the effect of those blows.

He's also supposed to be the most bad ass martial artist on the X-men who can out fight the Hulk one on one due to his incredible speed and agility. He's no slouch and the only reason he takes as many hits as he does is because the writers/artists want to showcase his regen.

Sunfire - no defensive powers (we'd give him a force field)

but... he actually does have a Human Torch style flaming force field doesn't he?

And again, agile, flying, bullet melting guy is not taking many hits...

Nightcrawler - no attack or defense powers

He's on par with Spider-man for DCV, can teleport out of harms way and spends a portion of every battle effectively invisible. He's just not getting hit often.

Again, here's a classic speedster build that focuses on support and clever tactics, rather than pure direct damage. He causes confusion, draws fire, steal foci, disable agents, and supports the big damage dealers. When need be, he has an arsenal of flying kicks, leaping punches and other attacks that benefit from both incredible movement powers and the element of surprise. He can always just teleport opponents away when need be, but this takes a lot out of him so he doesn't do it often. But the ability to instantly move any foe 2-3 miles from the battlefield should not be underestimated.

And lets not forget, it was Nightcrawler that nearly defeated the Black King without ever needing to throw a punch. There' something to be said for not always just hitting and blasting stuff...

Storm - no defensive powers (we'd probably give her a force field too)

I'm starting to sound like a broken record.. agile flyer that deflects many ranged attacks with wind blasts or lightning bolts. She brings a ton of options to the field including area denial and provide cloud cover.

Phoenix - with all the add-on's probably a balanced/practical Hero character - but that's a major upgrade from Marvel Girl

She was pretty balanced for what the X-men faced long before she became Phoenix. Her Telepathy gave her a big tactical edge that we only rarely saw her play up.

Kitty Pryde - just her Phasing power (no attacks)

She's a kid sidekick that can't be hurt or captured. She's an excellent scout and makes for a great distraction, frequently drawing fire away from the other X-men. Again, she sets up the big hitters more than she does direct damage herself. Lets not underestimate the fact she can take out swarms of Sentinels with her electricity disrupting effect and can phase people through barriers to change the landscape of combat quickly.

Much like Nightcrawler, it's only her CVK that prevents every battle she's in from being a blood bath... her power's scary deadly...

We could go on, of course, but the fact is that Champions as it has developed practically requires a character to have fairly high attacks, fairly high defenses and some level of resistant defenses to be competitive, and that requires a lot of modification and/or rationalization (like giving many X-Men a bulletproof costume and/or high levels of Martial Arts training) to shoehorn them into the model.

Comes down to play style. You can conform to the CU standard pretty easily with many of the X-men though.

All the X-men have EXTENSIVE combat training, with some of them being top tier martial artists in the MU.

So you can justify high DCV's, levels and maneuvers. You can easily make a case for Combat Luck for most of them, including Colossus for those times when he's not armored up ;)

They have advanced technology that has been stated at various times to include bullet proof spandex, though obviously many of them wear costumes that negate such benefits.

But I don't feel you necessarily NEED to go this route.

My own games feature several characters without any significant rDEF and some of them have lower DCV's to boot (the mentalist for example)

Most of the players learned how to use their powers, tactics and team work to compensate. Those that don't spend a lot of time being KOed...

The Brick and the Stretcher, who can take the hits, try to make sure they do. And when you are as annoying as our stretcher, the enemy wants to hit you... heck, the other players want to hit her sometimes ;)

Obviously, I'm not constantly throwing them up against enemy snipers and swarms of soldiers with rocket launchers, but they do face off against foes that can kill them if they aren't smart, like bloodthirsty werewolf gods wielding soul stealing great swords... so I'm not pulling all the punches either.

their costumes are rated to withstand rifle fire(7.62mm) fire and cold resistant,non-conductive

and this was all mentioned back during the Inferno storyline

I'd say if they are wearing a full body costume they have 10 pd/10 ed except for their heads

IIF(can be hidden under other clothes)act 15-

Kitty Pride is a Ninja and is hell on feet vs any electrical device that is not covered by a Force Field

Nightcrawler has an end/stun drain on any who he teleports unless they have practiced with him or are a blood relation

Cyclops has missile defection at range and is not generally in the front row

No defensive powers? I've seen the old Blue and Yellow team take blows that sent them flying dozens of meters and get right up. I've seen Angel crash-land from multiple stories high and survive (despite the fact that the old Angel was described as having hollow bones I believe) and the beast blown through brick walls. True, these guys don't have traditional HERO armor or force fields but you have to agree their PD is pretty darn high.

To follow this up, of the original X-Men:

Cyclops - no defensive powers

Angel - no defensive or attack powers (move by/through is the only option)

Beast - close, but no rDEF

Iceman - OK, he had ice armor and attack powers so that's one

Marvel Girl - she had TK, but no defensive powers

Add Havok (no defense, like Cyclops)

Lorna Dane (well rounded magnetic character)

and we have two of seven characters with a balanced power suite like you need in Champions.

All-New X-Men?

Cyclops again

Thunderbird - no rDEF (created to die anyway)

Banshee - no defensive powers (we'd give him a force field)

Wolverine - at least he has his insane Regen/recovery

Sunfire - no defensive powers (we'd give him a force field)

Nightcrawler - no attack or defense powers

Colossus - balanced brick with rDEF

Storm - no defensive powers (we'd probably give her a force field too)

Phoenix - with all the add-on's probably a balanced/practical Hero character - but that's a major upgrade from Marvel Girl

Kitty Pryde - just her Phasing power (no attacks)

We could go on, of course, but the fact is that Champions as it has developed practically requires a character to have fairly high attacks, fairly high defenses and some level of resistant defenses to be competitive, and that requires a lot of modification and/or rationalization (like giving many X-Men a bulletproof costume and/or high levels of Martial Arts training) to shoehorn them into the model.

Nice Break Down.....Rep worthy even.

~Rex....notes Thunderbird was actually just across the Super Human bar....Guy used to exercise by running down Bison and wrestling them to the ground....Awesome Brick build, sort of like a Fast Version of Luke Cage (the Good Cage, Not the Bendis retool....). Not quite as tough but Stronger, Faster, Heightened senses. Was a lot of potential with that character......Warpath just developed into iron age cheese....Thunderbird had potential for greatness.

Is anyone else reading these "No one ever plays..." and taking it almost as a challenge?

:)

Mind you, some of those rarely seen I HAVE played (Have a half breed son of Atlantis royalty, had a guy who's power was all based on FX of Mind Control...no TK, and did a left handed blaster homage to Cyclops) or players have played (Elasti-Girl of the Incredibles on screen did much to convince my players that stretching could be cool and darkfore users are old hat to us) but still, does anyone else see this thread as almost a double dog dare? :)

It also depends on the group. I've played in games with power mimics and similar characters and they can cause some resentment. Players can be very protective of their "niche" and get upset when they're stepped on particularly by a character that can do everything they can do and more even if they don't do it quite as well. It doesn't happen all the time but it is something I think you should take into consideration.

I probably should have mentioned, this isn't a concept I'd play without making sure the group was mostly cool with it first. I say mostly because if the GM and most of the players are on board, you can probably work around the desires of one or two objectors...

Edit: and to be fair, some of the thrill of role playing a superhuman is the idea of being unique (the lack of team outfits and shared skills are another aspect of this) Powers are a big part of that and with a Mimic or similar character on the team the only person that gets to have a truly unique power is them. And that can make some players feel like sidekicks even if the mimic can't do everything alone.

Yeah, this is understandable.

I think if you play the power mimic a bit more like everyone elses sidekick, it's usually not an issue. Batman doesn't complain that Robin is stealing his schtick because Robin enhances it, but I know plenty of players that don't like sidekicks so this may not be the correct approach either.

You can always work out reasons why a duplicator can't duplicate a particular set of powers. Maybe you can only copy mutant powers and your team mates include power armor guys and magic users. Maybe you can duplicate any powers, but never get skills. Or you lack the knowledge of how to properly use the newly gained abilities, so you stick to things you know best most of the time. Maybe, like Rogue, you're duplication is somehow unpleasant so you primary use it on the bad guys. Maybe you just respect Ice Man's desire to be a unique little snow flake and choose not to replicate his powers or maybe you had a bad accident with the Human Torches fire powers and swear off never using them again.

There's tons of ways to make it work without stepping on peoples toes, you just need a little communication and willingness to work together IMO.

Obviously, if you bring in a character that has ALL the attributes, skills and powers of every other player at the table and can use them all at once, well, somebody isn't playing with the same number of points as the rest of the table.

So this is a build I don't give much consideration to, even though classic team busters like Super Adaptoid, Mimic, Amazo and the Super Skrull pretty much worked just like that...

It is a Double Dog Dare...... You should see the character I play in Golden Age's Epic City game. 15 def (only 6 resistant and that from combat luck), 23 dex Martial Artist in a land of 14+ DC attacks High End Super Heroic Mayhem (It's not called Epic City for nothing, heh...)

~Rex

Is anyone else reading these "No one ever plays..." and taking it almost as a challenge?

:)

Mind you, some of those rarely seen I HAVE played (Have a half breed son of Atlantis royalty, had a guy who's power was all based on FX of Mind Control...no TK, and did a left handed blaster homage to Cyclops) or players have played (Elasti-Girl of the Incredibles on screen did much to convince my players that stretching could be cool and darkfore users are old hat to us) but still, does anyone else see this thread as almost a double dog dare? :)

Almost. :)

My first character was a winged martial artist. While I haven't, I've seen plenty of stretchy chars.

The mention of the darkness with chars able to see in it. I had a character with invisibility to IR, while another character had darkness to everything except IR. Made a nice combo. (And no, we didn't set it up before hand)

I'd pay money for a comic where someone walks Past Superman, and up to Hawkman, with a sneer on his face and telling his friends in the Legion of Doom "You guys handle the Kryptonian, this guys just got Wings and Flies, what's he gonna do to me?"

~Rex

It is a Double Dog Dare...... You should see the character I play in Golden Age's Epic City game. 15 def (only 6 resistant and that from combat luck)' date=' 23 dex Martial Artist in a land of 14+ DC attacks High End Super Heroic Mayhem (It's not called Epic City for nothing, heh...)[/quote']

When we played Epic City, my character Chimera did fine with 4 rPD/rED and there were PLENTY of Nazi's trying to kill us with plasma cannons and machine guns.

He was something of a Beast homage, so he was pretty tough (20 PD/15 ED) and had a high DCV (Dex of 30).

I still remember one particular exchange where I knew I was in danger if I didn't put everything into defense...

Golden Age, preparing to roll a large number of dice: What's your DCV?

Me: 16

GA, jaw drops: What?!?!? I can't hit a DCV of 16!!!

Me: Not my problem :D

When we played Epic City, my character Chimera did fine with 4 rPD/rED and there were PLENTY of Nazi's trying to kill us with plasma cannons and machine guns.

He was something of a Beast homage, so he was pretty tough (20 PD/15 ED) and had a high DCV (Dex of 30).

I still remember one particular exchange where I knew I was in danger if I didn't put everything into defense...

Golden Age, preparing to roll a large number of dice: What's your DCV?

Me: 16

GA, jaw drops: What?!?!? I can't hit a DCV of 16!!!

Me: Not my problem :D

Heh, Now that's a Moment.....Sounds like my kinda character build. There are some pretty good builds in that game, you just need to remember to keep your head down sometimes if you are squishy.

~Rex .......has forgotten to dive for cover. Once.......

My current character is Kraken, an amphibious cephalopod-man: he combines some Aquaman-ish elements, as well as relying almost entirely on a stratospheric DCV for defense (only 3 rPD and rED from Combat Luck). He's pretty much the definition of "squishy" - it comes in handy when he needs to wriggle through a drainpipe, but less so when he actually gets tagged.

So far it's worked out pretty well - he's got a 38 DEX and 8 SPD, but he's got to act defensively enough that he doesn't dominate fights too badly.

Intangible/ghost types' date=' whose powers are based around desolidification and invisibility. Phantom Girl, or Phantom Lady. Now, I've seen these powers combined with the ability to become a cloud of some gas, or in combination with Density Increase and Light Control, but never as the base of their own character.[/quote']

My current campaign has a guy exactly like this, Spectre, as our primary NPC teammate. He's pretty handy sometimes.

My current character is Kraken, an amphibious cephalopod-man: he combines some Aquaman-ish elements, as well as relying almost entirely on a stratospheric DCV for defense (only 3 rPD and rED from Combat Luck). He's pretty much the definition of "squishy" - it comes in handy when he needs to wriggle through a drainpipe, but less so when he actually gets tagged.

So far it's worked out pretty well - he's got a 38 DEX and 8 SPD, but he's got to act defensively enough that he doesn't dominate fights too badly.

That's some serious Dex and Speed ......would be an interesting sheet to see.

~Rex

Another Build I'd like to see more of.

Darkness using characters. Not just, Blasters with the SFX of a Dark Bolt of power, but actual Darkness...... Guys like The Shroud (one of my favorites), Dr. Mid-Nite, that kinda thing..... I build 'em, but I rarely see them.

~Rex

One of the other players in the campaign I'm in does this, plus ninjitsu stuff. She creates darkness, can make shadows come to life and grab foes, form duplicates from them, and teleport through them.

Darkness Characters are a lot of fun. I do tend to like the simple ones though, Like Dr. Mid-Night or the Shroud. When you start ramping it up it starts to be like any other "Force Manipulator"......still though, even at that level provided they keep the SFX going strong, they can be a lot of fun....

Just finished wrapping up a Dr. Mid-Nite build, but thought of a few tweaks I want to make to it to unkink it a bit. Starting a "simple" Darkness character which I will post here when it's done.....it's like 3rd in line, heh.

~Rex

That's some serious Dex and Speed ......would be an interesting sheet to see.

~Rex

He's also got 45 STR and OCV levels with Sweep - he's an absolute holy terror in HTH combat, but only in short spurts (he tires very quickly doing that sort of thing).

I posted him in this thread:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/81640-The-October-Eight-competition

Scroll down to post 13 - he's spread out over several posts, otherwise I would have linked to just one post.

He's actually a remade version of my absolute first Champions character from when I was 13 - in many ways, he's sort of an amalgam/homage of Spider-Man and Dr. Octopus.

He's actually a remade version of my absolute first Champions character for when I was 13 - in many ways' date=' he's sort of an amalgam/homage of Spider-Man and Dr. Octopus.[/quote']

Apparently all the cool kids have one of these, though mine was still spider themed and also a NINJA! :sneaky:

Any of you haters that are groaning right now can bite me... it was the 80's, I couldn't help it...

You know, I don't think I ever converted him to HERO System... must rectify that situation shortly...