Aphorisms for a Superhero Universe

Clonus

I don't know if this counts for this thread, but as long as we have the Lone Rangers Creed....

Doc Savage

Let me strive, every moment of my life to make myself better and better, to the best of my ability, that all may profit from it. “Let me think of the right, and lend my assistance to those who need it with no regard for anything but justice. “Let me take what comes with a smile, without loss of courage. “Let me be considerate of my country, of my fellow citizens, and my associates in everything I say and do. “Let me do right to all, and wrong no man.”

The Phantom

"I swear to devote my life to the destruction of piracy, greed, and cruelty, in all their forms, and my sons and their sons, shall follow me."

Meh, Bullets are just really small, really fast arrows in the end.

Except for Railguns. Those are realy, REALY fast Arrows.

Plus, they do it in much less logical cases as well:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tOVsYeFOckw

Oh, I have no problem with her being able to deflect bullets, or at least being able to learn how to do so. It's the notion that the Amazons specifically train to do so, when there's no reason they should even have guns, and they certainly don't use them for anything else. Just...odd.

Oh, I have no problem with her being able to deflect bullets, or at least being able to learn how to do so. It's the notion that the Amazons specifically train to do so, when there's no reason they should even have guns, and they certainly don't use them for anything else. Just...odd.

They did show that training in Justice League, with Aersia (just can not find it online). The original training was against Arrows and similar projectiles. Something they did had back in the days of Greece.

Personally I find the Invisible Jet with Mental Interface a lot less understandable as far as Wonder Womans powers go.

They did show that training in Justice League, with Aersia (just can not find it online). The original training was against Arrows and similar projectiles. Something they did had back in the days of Greece.

Personally I find the Invisible Jet with Mental Interface a lot less understandable as far as Wonder Womans powers go.

I believe they gave her that jet as a "how can we get her to fly, and still say she is a 'normal' woman?". In the 80's or 90's, they finally said, 'fudge it, let her fly', and gave her that power.

Yeah, WW's original powerset is kindof a weird grab-bag of whatever Marston thought might be cool, sans any particular unifying concept. A Classical Greek-esque culture that still relies on swords & bows? Sure. And yet they also have super-tech far more advanced than anything in Man's World? Okay. Mind controlling lasso? Um, I guess so. Riding kangaroo fights? Whatever, dude...

Yeah, WW's original powerset is kindof a weird grab-bag of whatever Marston thought might be cool, sans any particular unifying concept. A Classical Greek-esque culture that still relies on swords & bows? Sure. And yet they also have super-tech far more advanced than anything in Man's World? Okay. Mind controlling lasso? Um, I guess so. Riding kangaroo fights? Whatever, dude...

To get back on topic:

"Sometimes being super also means, being super confused how your powers even fit together."

Perhaps it was Marston's way of saying, "Look at what women can do without men to hold them back."