What fighting style would be best for a teleporter ?

Basic204

Depending on the level of teleport mastery, the teleporter would have good control over the range to the victim, and could always attack from behind as well.  I'd pick an up-close martial art like Wing Chun, with extra nerve strikes and a general emphasis on damage over OCV or defensive maneuvers.  If the teleporter can teleport with other people, then a martial grab would be a must.

Someone else is going to have to name the art because I'm stuck on "Bam-fu".

BAMF-FU

Depending on the level of teleport mastery, the teleporter would have good control over the range to the victim, and could always attack from behind as well.  I'd pick an up-close martial art like Wing Chun, with extra nerve strikes and a general emphasis on damage over OCV or defensive maneuvers.  If the teleporter can teleport with other people, then a martial grab would be a must.

Someone else is going to have to name the art because I'm stuck on "Bam-fu".

There are dozens of martial arts that would be good. Anything that uses chain weapons and does a lot of tripping and dragging would also be good.

Especially if there was grab and teleport as an attack.

Lets see... Teleport close, whip the opponent in my chain to grab them.  Next move throw them in the air and teleport them in front of that moving truck :-)....  OUCH.

You know what would be really great with teleportation? Clown-fu.

*teleport*

Pie in the face.

*teleport*

Hit with a slapstick.

*teleport*

Eye poke.

*teleport*

Atomic wedgie.

*teleport*

... You get the idea.

Wow. That sounds a lot like the Fox.

Seen X-Men First Class? Grappling would work great if you can forcibly teleport someone with you.

Port in, Grab X, port up 40 inches with X, port back down without X. X takes maximum velocity impact damage upon arrival. Completely nullified with flight however.

*teleport*

Pie in the face.

*teleport*

Hit with a slapstick.

*teleport*

Eye poke.

*teleport*

Atomic wedgie.

*teleport*

... You get the idea.

Fox of Crime ring any bells?

Here is the idea for Warp Fu, its just generic martial art package with a different special effect. Iow, your character has better hand-to-hand combat skills due to his power and not training. Which I heard is not quite so legal rationale in 6th ed. but was is 5th.

In Warp fu, the warper still has to hit an opponent hence the STR part of the damage.  The extra part, such as +2D6, comes from the warping effect.

Block (Martial Block)-with this manuever, the warper subtley shifts his body to absorb the blow.

Void (Martial Dodge)- The warper does a blink teleport out of harms way though stays in the same spot.

Warp Punch (Martial Punch)-As previously noted, the STR damage is from character's STR, howeverwhen he hits he warps the opponents body and that causes th +2D6

Greater Warp Punch (Offensive Strike)-Same as Warp Punch but with grater power.

Displacement (Martial Throw)-Here the Warper does a shove like hit and as he hits, he teleports the opponent slightly which causes him to fall.

Hope this helps. Feel free to change any of the names or rationale. I would like to know what you come up with.

• 1 month later...

*teleport*

Pie in the face.

*teleport*

Hit with a slapstick.

*teleport*

Eye poke.

*teleport*

Atomic wedgie.

*teleport*

... You get the idea.

*teleport*

Pie in the face.

*teleport*

That was the MO of a Classic Enemies villain named The Fox.  The pie was a Flash Attack.

I still use him.