Arrow ~

Greywind

I don't have a problem with Oliver beating Malcolm. It was stressed before that Oliver had outgrown him.

Now Merlin's reaction of 'you spared me, you bastard' had me going 'really?'

Villain logic pfff ;)

Now the latest episode was interesting on other levels. I liked that Oliver's gift for gab had him 'win' the debate. We get to meet Curtis' husband. And the team was looking pretty well oiled.

I don't have a problem with Oliver beating Malcolm. It was stressed before that Oliver had outgrown him.

I don't have a problem with Oliver beating him. I have a problem with Oliver beating him far, far too easily. The nameless merc he fought in the next episode lasted ten times as long as Merlin.

Now Merlin's reaction of 'you spared me, you bastard' had me going 'really?'

More like, "You talked me into a duel with Nyssa, then betrayed me and mutilated my bow-holding hand." I can see why he's peeved. That duel was Oliver's idea, and a setup. Right when their not-hate for each other was starting to bloom, too.

So.... Waller bit it. Wow. I admit, I didn't see that coming, but in retrospect, maybe I should have. With the movie coming out, they seem to be fazing out the TV associations of the Suicide Squad. That could be coincidence, but it wouldn't be the first time the WB film side of things has forced an embargo on a small screen show 

I read "somewhere" that was exactly what happened - WB has ruled that any characters they want to use on the big screen can't appear on the small screen, lest people get confused or make unflattering comparisons. Tho apparently Flash gets a buy on that rule. Whatever WB, whatever.

I suspect Diggle's wife will be offered Waller's job.

The most recent episode of Flash revealed she's now running Argus. Which was kindof odd because I don't remember them mentioning that on Arrow?

And every time Malcolm gets a pass, he ends up making folks regret not killing him. I'm not a blood thirsty guy, but I would count his action at the end of this as 'strike 3'

Yeah, leaving Merlin alive only makes sense because John Barrowman is just too good a villain to kill off. Tho I wish they'd come up with better in-story reasons for him living.

I loved Vixen in the latest episode - I hadn't seen the animated Vixen short CW did, but someone needs to give that girl her own damn show!

• 1 month later...

Watched the latest episode last night. Interesting development.

I liked the actress, but probably won't miss the character much. Catie Lotz was a better Canary anyway, so maybe they'll bring her back on after Legends of Facepalm is over. (I read they were planning to switch the characters on LoT around each season.)

Yeah, I didn't see that coming at all.  I was figuring that it would be Detective Lance resting under that tombstone.

This has been a good season for Arrow.  After the pain that was season 3, the series has breathed life back into itself,  Now if only it would kill Malcolm Merlyn, it could aspire to awesomeness.

Yeah, the whole thing felt sudden and out of nowhere. I mean, there were any number of other times when that should have happened but didn't for reasons. They didn't earn this, IMO.

And the ease with which team Arrow gets lured by diversions and decoys, and the blindness they show towards moles and traitors in their midst is truly moronic. I don't have much good to say about that episode, so I'll just stop right here.

I got the feeling this in another Ollie secret that Laural asked him to do

he has a mastery of poisons
it is a fake death so she can spy and keep her father safe

Watched the latest episode last night. Interesting development.

I liked the actress, but probably won't miss the character much. Catie Lotz was a better Canary anyway, so maybe they'll bring her back on after Legends of Facepalm is over. (I read they were planning to switch the characters on LoT around each season.)

I'm with Beast.

If they were going to kill her, they would've had her die on the spot (after some appropriate dying words of course), not bring her back to the hospital, pronounce her healed, and then have her die for no apparent reason. I haven't been much of a Laurel fan, but this season I've felt like the writers were finally figuring out how to use her character.

• 4 weeks later...

I got the feeling this in another Ollie secret that Laural asked him to do

he has a mastery of poisons

it is a fake death so she can spy and keep her father safe

That was my thought also. It also gives them a secret weapon to use.