Arrow ~

Greywind

Wow, I'm impressed by how many DC characters CW has brought on board; Green Arrow, Flash, Firestorm, Black Canary, Vibe, Hawkgirl and Hawkman and now Vixon, just to name the heroes.  At this point forget Legends of Tomorrow, they could just call it Justice League and have enough canon members to earn the name.

Yeah. For many its been a mixed bag, but over all CW is doing a far better job with the DC properties than WB movies are.

• 2 weeks later...

For all the raving from people about DC characters in Arrowverse might want to remember how equally many were also in Smallville.

Well, what you don't want yet seems inevitable is new characters constantly being introduced in favor of good stories and good writing.  Eventually, the show becomes 'guest hero of the week'.

The more characters they stuff into these shows, the more conspicuous Batman's absence becomes. WB/DC really does not want to create a single live-action universe, and that just makes them look foolish and behind the times (to me anyway).

Eventually the Joker will become Arrow's nemesis and Bane will become Flash's arch-enemy.

• 5 weeks later...

I'm imagining how much fun Cisco could have "upgrading" a wheelchair...

Considering the vast technological differences between Central City and Starling City, one visit would have her walking again (and infused with latent superpowers) or at the least she'd have a hoverchair within 10 minutes.

Ok, I like Overwatch as a name, it lets Felicity feel like she's in charge ;)

So.... Waller bit it. Wow. I admit, I didn't see that coming, but in retrospect, maybe I should have. With the movie coming out, they seem to be fazing out the TV associations of the Suicide Squad. That could be coincidence, but it wouldn't be the first time the WB film side of things has forced an embargo on a small screen show 

I suspect Diggle's wife will be offered Waller's job. And his brother done good? 

Ok. I'm going to just admit I LIKE Felicity and Oliver together. There, I said it, we'll see how long it lasts.

Ok, I like Overwatch as a name, it lets Felicity feel like she's in charge ;)

And they sort of played that up a little bit. It would be neat to see Felicity expand her skillset from Ubernerd to tactical genius.

On a separate note, I wonder if Manu Bennett will ever reprise his role as Slade Wilson. Kind of missing the psychotic presence of the ol' Terminator in the mix.

Normally I would stop to consider the notion that Oracle being taken as a code-name means there is a Barbara Gordon out there in the Arrowverse, and she used to be Batgirl, which means there's a Gotham City and a Batman and... But then I stop myself and realize that that bit of wink-wink dialogue was strictly fan service and not meant to have any setting implications whatsoever.

• 2 weeks later...

Huh. Felicity and her Dad knowing about each other right out of the get go... full confession by the baddie. That's different than I was expecting. I don't trust the bastard

Oliver playing peacemaker... how far he's grown. Blessed are the peacemakers for the writers are not on their side.

"This is one of your crazier ideas, and that is a competitive field" :)

And every time Malcolm gets a pass, he ends up making folks regret not killing him. I'm not a blood thirsty guy, but I would count his action at the end of this as 'strike 3'

In this latest episode, I noticed an Easter egg/bit of foreshadowing.  That thing that Felicity showed her dad in Palmer Labs was definitely a T Sphere.  Then I looked it up and discovered Curtis' last name is Holt.  Doh!

So did everybody else already figure out the Curtis is going to be Mr Terrific and simply not mention it because it seemed overly obvious?  Or did this escape the rest of you too?

I think the Mr. Terrific thing was brought up in another Arrow thread. 

Anyone else find it odd that in one episode, he completely dominates Malcolm Merlin, quickly finishing him off, but in the next it takes him forever to take out one nameless mercenary? I thought the Merlin fight was a ruse by him and Merlin, it was so one-sided. If it was a real fight, it shouldn't have been anywhere near that easy for Ollie.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that Merlin should have bled out after Ollie chopped off his hand. Nobody rushed to cauterize the wound, or apply a turnicate, or take him to an ER. In the time it took to hand over the R'as ring to Nyssa and have all that silly "Thank you, husband," banter, Merlin would have died from blood loss.

I'm more annoyed by the fact that Merlin should have bled out after Ollie chopped off his hand. Nobody rushed to cauterize the wound, or apply a turnicate, or take him to an ER. In the time it took to hand over the R'as ring to Nyssa and have all that silly "Thank you, husband," banter, Merlin would have died from blood loss.

But Merlin's the magic pixie dust assassin somethingerother mumble.

Muscles constrict around amputations, so you don't bleed out so much as expected.