Agents Of SHIELD!

wcw43921

1 minute ago, death tribble said:

This is one of those things where you see what would have happened if you did not change events as they happen.

Think of it like Groundhog Day. Until Bill Murray changes his behaviour he is trapped in the same day.

So that's why Andie McDowell never seems to age.

By breaking the time loop, it makes more sense to me that Fitz is dead and that there is no future version to encounter (anymore). That "frozen in stasis" version was part of a time loop that is no longer part of the team's temporal trajectory.

Also, would anyone care to guestimate how much time passed from the moment Talbot died in the vacuum of space to when Coulson stepped onto the sands of Tahiti with May?

2 hours ago, zslane said:

By breaking the time loop, it makes more sense to me that Fitz is dead and that there is no future version to encounter (anymore). That "frozen in stasis" version was part of a time loop that is no longer part of the team's temporal trajectory.

Also, would anyone care to guestimate how much time passed from the moment Talbot died in the vacuum of space to when Coulson stepped onto the sands of Tahiti with May?

Probably a day. 

7 hours ago, zslane said:

The frozen Fitz isn't a "future version", and that version wasn't eliminated when the time loop was broken, because his body was travelling to the future in essentially real-time.The "future version" was the one who died due to the rubble, and who came back from the alternate future with the rest of the team.

*We are all travelling into the future, at a rate of 1 second per second**. Fitz's body is just being preserved while it happens, much like Captain America's was inside the glacier.

**Well, except for any relativistic effects that may be experienced.

48 minutes ago, zslane said:

Fitz can't be both in stasis and "back from the future" helping the team break the time loop at the same time.

According to that thinking the Austin Powers movie would make no sense at all.

Oh  .  .  .

1 hour ago, zslane said:

Fitz can't be both in stasis and "back from the future" helping the team break the time loop at the same time.

Yes he can.

The Fitz that is in stasis is awaiting what is going to happen because the rest of the team are in the (now alternate) future. Enoch is also with him as he now will not be destroyed in the future.

It can be a bit much to get your head around but it is what has happened.

1 minute ago, death tribble said:

Yes he can.

The Fitz that is in stasis is awaiting what is going to happen because the rest of the team are in the (now alternate) future. Enoch is also with him as he now will not be destroyed in the future.

It can be a bit much to get your head around but it is what has happened.

Of course Fitz would be in stasis if Enoch hadn't taken the team to the future in the first place.

Maybe next season they can do what they did in Basic and said nothing you saw ever happened.

Well, as a rule, any story that relies on measurable mass travelling back in time is fundamentally flawed to begin with, especially so when it leads to multiple copies of any individual in the same "timeline".

• 5 months later...

I'm very surprised by this news. I mean, every season had declining ratings, if I'm not mistaken, putting the show on the bubble every year. Why does Disney keep renewing it, even after ABC tried to cancel it?

Another question I have is why doesn't Disney put this show on Disney Plus instead of on ABC? They need all the content they can scrounge for their new streaming service, and AoS seems like a better fit for that (than traditional broadcast tv).