Marvel Cinematic Universe, Phase Three and BEYOOOOONND

Bazza

• Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

She was very strange at first.  She would pass out and then Ms Marvel would 'show up' and it wasn't exactly clear for certain that she was the hero.  She had some strange psychoses as well, I thought it wasn't a very well considered character, particularly for their first really major female star.

Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes was a terrific reboot of the Avengers storyline while being faithful to the comics and having a wonderful feel to it.  Instead the powers that be at Marvel have their "ultimate" universe they prefer above all things and that dumb cartoon got in the way, so cancel it and replace it with crap!  But the crap fits their preferred storyline, even if its worse!

Agreed on the reasoning. Still, Carol always struck me as a more mature, commanding figure.

I don't think that there's any question that a huge part of the appeal of the modern Captain Marvel is that she is a Woman of a Certain Age, saying something about how there's life after 40 (50, etc). Charlize Theron (41) would be perfect to play her now. The problem is the multi-movie contract, and I see Marvel's point.

It's not necessarily that big of a deal, in that Downey was 43 when he played Iron Man for the first time. So Theron's timeline works for Marvel, assuming that the superhero craze lasts as long as the Western one, although it might be argued that Captain Marvel is inherently a more stunt-heavy role than Iron Man.  The question is whether Marvel wants to take that risk with another headliner when it can look to a woman in her 30s. Given Hollywood's unrealistic beauty expectations and movie magic, 30-something and 50-something will both pass. I'm sure that sixty-something will, too. i guess the question comes down to money and stuntwork.  

I was wondering if there was any exploding alien tech in any of the prior movies they could use. Like, "Remember when you blew up that _____ in the battle of _____? I was there, on the ground. Got dosed with weird science." Bam! Done.

Her powers don't really require an origin story  unless they're bringing in Mar Vel and/or setting up the Kree for a bigger part in the MCU. If it's going to be a prelude to more Kree stuff, than an origin story that fits in a Kree plot would be fine.