Bazza

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 11.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 12/17/2022 at 9:02 PM, unclevlad said:

From the article:

Hypno-Hustler is not considered one of Spider-Man’s top villains — in fact, he regularly shows up on worst supervillains lists — but sources say Glover sparked to the musical aspect of the character and the fact that he has less Marvel canon baggage, freeing him to greater interpretations. 

So, yeah, sounds like you might be spot on there.

Well, Donald Glover's a creative genius, so I'd at least like to see what he comes up with.

Ant Man/ Scott Lang has been my pleasant surprise turned a favorite in the MCU. I read him in the comics and liked him fine, but he's a favorite on the big screen, so this is one movie I am looking forward to! I just hope they don't doom and gloom it up too much.

As for Burn out ... I wouldn't say I'm there yet. The new shine has worn off somewhat true. I have, some might argue, now have lived through the golden age of superheroes movies. Just as the generation before me went through a golden age of Westerns. Westerns didn't stop, though they were over shadowed, and slowed a bit, and that's fine if that happens to Superheroes for me. But I think we have a few gems that will pleasingly surprise us yet coming along.

3 hours ago, Logan D. Hurricanes said:

Some of the D+ stuff has me feeling this way... but KANG!

3 hours ago, Christopher R Taylor said:

I have always found Kang to be kinda dull and weak as a bad guy.  I know he's supposed to be a big deal for the Avengers but he never felt like it,

Interpretations of Kang have varied over the decades, but his vast resources and fantastic technology have always made him one of the most credible threats to the entire Avengers roster. My favorite version of the character appeared in the Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes animated series. But the way the character was introduced in the recent Loki series was a bizarre departure from what had gone before, again veering too far to the comedic. It didn't inspire me to look forward to more of him.

2 hours ago, Starlord said:

Hopefully Ant-Man is the hero of his own movie this time and not the comic relief/punching bag he was made to be in the 2nd movie.

1. The Ant-Man movie where Ant-Man risked jail and loss of visitation rights to his daughter, in order to save Janet from the QR and keep Pym's tech out of the hands of criminals?

2. It's Paul Rudd, man.  :)

I enjoy Rudd as charming funny not buffoonish funny.

In the first movie he was shown to be competent and clever and a bit goofy.

In the 2nd movie he came off incompetent -  getting by on dumb luck - and the comic bits seemed to only highlight and focus his buffoonery.

22 hours ago, Starlord said:

I enjoy Rudd as charming funny not buffoonish funny.

In the first movie he was shown to be competent and clever and a bit goofy.

In the 2nd movie he came off incompetent -  getting by on dumb luck - and the comic bits seemed to only highlight and focus his buffoonery.

In other words, the studio Thored him.

I disagree with the assessment of the second movie. Scott had some moments where Pym's tech let him down, but he faked out Jimmy Woo's Unit almost constantly, foiled the Ghost, and got his own wombats to help cover and put Sonny's guys in jail while saving the day, and saved the lab with giant power.

If anything, he gets treated badly by his sidekick who supposedly trained all her life, and his mentor who should know better, and outshines them at every turn.

CES  

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

“Spider-Man: Homecoming is a 2017 American superhero film based on the Marvel Comics character Spider-Man, co-produced by Columbia Pictures and Marvel Studios, and distributed by Sony Pictures Releasing. It is the second Spider-Man film reboot and the 16th film in the Marvel Cinematic Universe (MCU).”

iOS 16: Homecoming…

iOS 17: Ragnarok…